Xrp will never go above 40 to 50$

14 hours ago, Bennxrp said:

Im a massive fan of xrp,but i am very new to all of this,just wanted to have peoples opinions of this guys calculations,and is this correct on how he is working the maths out? He says that even with trillions going through xrapid that the xrp price will never go above 50$

As others have stated, spend a good amount of time reading/learning from past posts. We're extremely fortunate to have past and current Ripple employees interacting and answering our questions. 

Unsure of your overall awareness of the crypto space, but as @XRPLearner mentioned, ETH almost hit $1400 (it went from $8 - $1,386 in under 1 year) and this happened in a fairly immature (early developing) market - people were just beginning to develop DAPPs on their platform. With Ripple, take a step back and truly look at what they're doing - evolving an industry which hasn't really progressed in decades. There are gatekeepers, and in general, there's a huge stigma to break to the average person that cryptocurrencies are not a fraud/scam/tulip craze. Most people still associate anything related to digital assets as "Bitcoin". People simply don't understand, and that's ok - this is all very complex to most. This market overall is still very new.

Ripple is doing tremendous work and I believe they have the best of everything going for them. I think if you spend a good amount of time educating yourself here, you might think so too.

As a side note, I first learned of BTC when it was $0.14. Highly doubt anyone back in 2010 thought 1 BTC would hit $20k. Anything is truly possible.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Bennxrp said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDqQPldw4kYhttps://dailyhodl.com/2019/03/10/founder-of-ripple-backed-startup-pushes-for-mass-xrp-adoption-at-3-3-million-online-stores/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1cetZYiobc&t=253s  .Im a massive fan of xrp,but i am very new to all of this,just wanted to have peoples opinions of this guys calculations,and is this correct on how he is working the maths out? He says that even with trillions going through xrapid that the xrp price will never go above 50$

Not only I face palmed at the title, but also I could not resist but to smile counting all those links mixed in a very poorly punctuated paragraph.

Claiming XRP will never ever go beyond 40$ is as naive as saying BTC will never hit 20k again, set new highs and whatnot.

I am not saying XRP will reach 40$ and go past it, but I am not saying it won't either, as in I know I don't have enough acumen to claim one of the other like you did.

On the other hand, I do believe we are heading towards new highs.

Funny, when I quoted you, it merged all the links and created a whole new one :D

Edited by JannaOneTrick

8 minutes ago, JannaOneTrick said:

Not only I face palmed at the title, but also I could not resist but to smile counting all those links mixed in a very poorly punctuated paragraph.

Claiming XRP will never ever go beyond 40$ is as naive as saying BTC will never hit 20k again, set new highs and whatnot.

So wait, you think BTC reaching the ATH again is the same as XRP 13xing its own ATH?

Alright. 

1 minute ago, ericstaytrue said:

So wait, you think BTC reaching the ATH again is the same as XRP 13xing its own ATH?

Alright. 

We just don't know what a digital asset will do when both speculation and actual utility kicks in.

All previous ath's were nothing more then speculation, and many coins will likely never see any utility coming.

18 minutes ago, eggsarepeas said:

No idea if it can hit $50 but I have real, objective data that says it can reach $3.31.

Personally, I wouldn’t be angry about a 10x ROI.

I would love to see the people that bought in at 3 dollars get a 10x ROI 😁

11 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

I would love to see the people that bought in at 3 dollars get a 10x ROI 😁

Fair, but no matter where you initially bought in, if XRP gets back to $3.31, then any new money invested today will give you 10x.

5 hours ago, XRPLearner said:

The truth is, nobody knows how high this thing will go and in how many years. It's all speculation at the moment. Personally, I think it'll go way higher than $50 in the future. Who would have thought BTC would hit $20k based solely on speculation, ETH hit almost $1400. And we're saying that XRP, the fastest/cheapest/most scaleable digital asset that real banks will be using for CTBs let alone thousands of other potential use cases will not go above $50. Come on, thats just nonsense. Idc what math you try to put behind it, utility/fomo/supply and demand etc. These are all factors that cannot be definitively calculated right now which leaves everything at speculation still. The only thing we do know is that XRP is way undervalued right now, sitting at a nice cheap 31cents which is an incredible investment opportunity right now. 

So once again, we are going to try to completely ignore the supply of BTC and ETH as compared to XRP and compared it 1:1 with BTC and ETH? Supply can indeed to directly calculate, we know what the maximum supply will be.

2 minutes ago, Archbob said:

So once again, we are going to try to completely ignore the supply of BTC and ETH as compared to XRP and compared it 1:1 with BTC and ETH? Supply can indeed to directly calculate, we know what the maximum supply will be.

sure of course total supply is different,  want to also bring in the concept of POW vs POS vs POC coins...and mineable vs pre-mined...lots of differences but again its all speculation at the moment. You can't say it won't hit a price of X dollars because you really have no idea whats coming

1 minute ago, Archbob said:

POW vs POS vs POC has zero effect on supply and demand. 

At max supply there will be 4000x more XRP than BTC.

Never said it did, just stating there are many differences. But whatever, I don't have the time to argue with you. You'll sell too early and that doesn't change my life. Have a wonderful day!

Okay, I'll enter this minefield.

I do not see an impetus for XRP to go to 2OK like BTC did unless it experiences a similar FOMO moment in history.  And supply does matter. Take out the FOMO and my own guess is a top of (very) roughly $100. But markets never seem to care what I think anything should be worth, and volatility rhymes with crypto.

The best case for a mooning event (Is that a term people use? If not I'm claiming it.)......imho is if......at a moment in the not-too-distant future while the REAL circulating supply is within bounds (and I'm guessing it's not even 20B at this moment...not coin that's for sale) that a sudden scramble for banks to create their liquidity pools......that happens at the same time as a big crypto market-wide bull run (which I fully expect within a year) that we could end up in what stock traders call a low float situation.

As Bob said better than I could, all it takes is buyers who don't want to wait for a good price and are willing to buy at the ask. (I'm paraphrasing).