Sign in to follow this  
richxrp

Are you just speculating in XRP or are you a True Long Term Investor?

Just wanted to get a sense of what purpose is driving people in this forum to invest in XRP?

Are you a true long term investor ?.. meaning Hold XRP Forever and only sell whatever you need for Living Expenses?

Or are you just in it for the money i.e. Sell everything once it reaches your target price and never look back ?

Don't think it has to be a black or white thing. It's obvious most will be hoping for life changing gains from their investment/risk/belief...….

Not to say though I don't fully believe in the tech or will aim to be 100% out or in.

My plan is to cash out 20% when it's up x5 vs my DCA purchases so my initial investment is covered & then have no fears & the rest I can pick at or devour as needed or desired at any time or price depending on how life, lust or the tech/price goes. That's just my theory, different strokes for different folks...…….

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Don't think it has to be a black or white thing. It's obvious most will be hoping for life changing gains from their investment/risk/belief...….

Not to say though I don't fully believe in the tech or will aim to be 100% out or in.

My plan is to cash out 20% when it's up x5 vs my DCA purchases so my initial investment is covered & then have no fears & the rest I can pick at or devour as needed or desired at any time or price depending on how life, lust or the tech/price goes. That's just my theory, different strokes for different folks...…….

This ^

At certain price I will sell part of my stack and then hold rest until the next price target. (At least this is the plan, unless something unexpected happens)

Maybe at some point XRP becomes so broadly adopted that it's safe to hold without much risk and volatility. That would be the dream.

Edited by Janno

90% for the money and the other 10% was because the tech is superior to other big coins out there. 

In 2017 I had a long term vision, now I'm mostly speculating as my vision and expectations weren't really met. Now majority of my XRP stack is for speculation, meaning I sell 70% of it quite often to buy other coins that I believe will outperform XRP in the short term - then I usually buy back XRP or USD with the profits, depending on the market situation. Long term, I don't believe I'll have more than 40% of my portfolio in XRP, 1 year ago it was 95%

Read about it, took 3 weeks to think it through, couldn't find anything bad, bought it. Been 2 years now or so.
I still don't see anything seriously wrong with it, I have no idea what the others are worried about. My guess is they invested more than they could spare *shrug*

I believe that, IF they succeed with what they are trying to do, XRP could be worth a lot. Whether that's in 1 year or 20 years, doesn't matter. 

Either kids or someone from my family will inherit them or I'll get to earn some nice money. 

If it truly somehow fails in the end....oh well

9 minutes ago, Kiir said:

Read about it, took 3 weeks to think it through, couldn't find anything bad, bought it. Been 2 years now or so.
I still don't see anything seriously wrong with it, I have no idea what the others are worried about. My guess is they invested more than they could spare *shrug*

I believe that, IF they succeed with what they are trying to do, XRP could be worth a lot. Whether that's in 1 year or 20 years, doesn't matter. 

Either kids or someone from my family will inherit them or I'll get to earn some nice money. 

If it truly somehow fails in the end....oh well

That actually is exactly how I feel about it.. Good if it happens to take off.. otherwise, it was a good gamble.  Thanks for sharing.

I actually started by participating first in: computing for good ripple giveaway  and earned some initial xrp.. then the more I read about it, the more I thought this could be a good bet..

Great reactions. In it for the tech and the alternate way of holding and using cash. To own a digital asset that is not controlled by governments gives me a true feeling of freedom.

To be part of this forum gives me daily joy in supporting one of the greatest value (cash) transformations since the gold standard.

And I seriously hope and believe with all my heart that Warren Buffet (so called value investor) will be very very wrong about is negative  perception on crypto.

You can still be a real long term investor, in it for the technology, and still sell it all at a certain price.

Many of us have held for years now. Some significantly more than others. 

Why would I not sell if I have enough to retire from?  

2 hours ago, richxrp said:

Just wanted to get a sense of what purpose is driving people in this forum to invest in XRP?

Are you a true long term investor ?.. meaning Hold XRP Forever and only sell whatever you need for Living Expenses?

Or are you just in it for the money i.e. Sell everything once it reaches your target price and never look back ?

Both

Posted (edited)

Long-term only...haven't sold any since getting into XRP.   Might cash out a third @ $10 if XRP succeeds (only to invest the majority of the cash-out in other undervalued cryptos) and the US SEC doesn't interfere with Ripple and XRP's success.   Might not sell the remainder if laws and software permitting,  banks and exchanges might be able to sweep our XRP accounts in the future to temporarily use our XRP for liquidity sourcing if possible when needed and on a  on-demand basis I'm guesing as a possibility, allowing us to earn fees as part of MM gains on spreads from transactions involving XRP.   This way banks and others acting as MMs minimize long-term volatility risks in holding gobs of XRP, and we take on that risk for a fee whenever extra or even routine liquidity sourcing is needed.  Maybe a pipe dream of mine, but we'll see...many years to go still to see what lines development goes along.

Edited by enrique11

9 minutes ago, retryW said:

You can still be a real long term investor, in it for the technology, and still sell it all at a certain price.

Many of us have held for years now. Some significantly more than others. 

Why would I not sell if I have enough to retire from?  

Yes. but would you (1) sell everything and then retire.. or (2) Sell just enough to retire?.  or (3) just sell enough for what you need for the present ?

If  (1),  it would seem to indicate that you are only in it for the money and don't really believe that it has staying power.

if (2), it would tend to indicate that you believe in the tech and that XRP can and will be a stable (and hopefully ) increasing value of store until something new and revolutionary comes along to supplant it.

(3) would be an even stronger indicator of (2)..

High risk, high reward investment. I had to blow a bonus and a friend that works in the finance Industry told me to look up xrp. What the heck is a long time investor? If it gets to my target price tomorrow im out. If it gets there in 10-15 years....whatever. I think its a 50/50 bet atm..

Sign in to follow this