Sign in to follow this  
PhiGuy

XRP TipBot Poll

XRP TipBot Poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the XRP TipBot be integrated into XRPChat.com?

• Yes, it would add value to the forum and encourage well thought out questions/posts
    • No, I don't see it adding any value

Posted (edited)

Initial reaction:  "Hell, yes!"

Then:  "Don't want every second/third post blank, except with just a tipbot command, interrupting the flow of discourse."

Then:  "Maybe we need a dedicated button?"  OR "Maybe the xrptipbot needs to be invoked / then reads posts / then triggers when tagged in any post, looking for syntax."

Then:  "This is ultimately up to the forum owner - and whomever else wants to implement..."

So... some things to think about - but, would I tip people?  Hell, yes.  So, I'd really love to see.

If the initial rollout is within a club, for testing, that'd probably be optimal way to start it out...

All I can do is say that I would use it - and that I'd poke holes in it and report, as I went along.

("It's not tipping I believe in... It's over-tipping!")  :D

Edited by NightJanitor

sure I've seen this mentioned & it was commented on that it wasn't possible. Not to say anything isn't possible.

Don't know if I'd prefer it or not, nice theory but it's nice to talk & discuss for no other reason than that itself?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

sure I've seen this mentioned & it was commented on that it wasn't possible. Not to say anything isn't possible.

Don't know if I'd prefer it or not, nice theory but it's nice to talk & discuss for no other reason than that itself?

It always seems impossible until it's done.

"Impossible" = Im ~ Possible...

Edited by PhiGuy

Pros and cons to both.

Just have your XRPL address and/or XRPTipBot handle on your profile. Peeps can donate whenever they feel it's worth it.

(Yeah I get that half defeats the point of tiny, quick tips)

Posted (edited)

Great to see the XRP Tipbot getting some attention. @JoelKatz What I truely hope is that a ceative group of entrepreneurs and software engineers will be able to create a simple peer to peer XRP payment app (with QR code reader) which will be able to transact payments in French, English, Spanish and German and enter and see the respective online value of the XRP transaction in the local currency of the country of use.

This simple intuïtive app should give any Iphone of Android user an easy XRP pay and settlement experience.

Edited by cryptoxrp

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

Great to see the XRP Tipbot getting some attention. @JoelKatz What I truely hope is that a ceative group of entrepreneurs and software engineers will be able to create a simple peer to peer XRP payment app (with QR code reader) which will be able to transact payments in French, English, Spanish and German and enter and see the respective online value of the XRP transaction in the local currency of the country of use.

This simple intuïtive app should give any Iphone of Android user an easy XRP pay and settlement experience.

:viannen_89:

Edited by PhiGuy

Makes sense to have that option,  then it's an individual choice,  are the tips public viewing ? In New Zealand we don't have a tipping culture as such . I mean, here's  a tip "Mr Deer ( @PhiGuy)  you should floss after eating popcorn".  Bad dad joke lol . But it's a great way to share the love, as long as it doesn't become a pressured thing . I'm babbling,  in short great option :good:

1 hour ago, Kpuff said:

Why not, the XRPTipBot is all about using xrp. And this site is all about Xrp it should be a no brainer

I would prefer we don’t.  

It sounds sensible and it seems appropriate but I think it would have two potential undesirable consequences.  

- It lays us open to accusations of being a place to shill coins and gain tips.  Our forum has no monetary gain so the profit motive can’t ever sensibly be ascribed to anyone’s posts (although some numbskulks have made that idiotic accusation here previously) but that could be a potentially valid accusation in future.

- Tips could cause people to post ‘popular’ things in hopes of Tips.  This might lower quality overall.  It’s bad enough now just with ‘likebaiting’ accusations which annoy me because it’s far from the truth.  Tips would exacerbate that.  

Just my view.  

55 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I would prefer we don’t.  

It sounds sensible and it seems appropriate but I think it would have two potential undesirable consequences.  

- It lays us open to accusations of being a place to shill coins and gain tips.  Our forum has no monetary gain so the profit motive can’t ever sensibly be ascribed to anyone’s posts (although some numbskulks have made that idiotic accusation here previously) but that could be a potentially valid accusation in future.

- Tips could cause people to post ‘popular’ things in hopes of Tips.  This might lower quality overall.  It’s bad enough now just with ‘likebaiting’ accusations which annoy me because it’s far from the truth.  Tips would exacerbate that.  

Just my view.  

Of course people can strive to get tips even if they don’t deserve it. Tips are optional and what’s the difference I mean they do it on reddit and Twitter all the time. Only people that put up good content get tips there. I really don’t see an issue with it

5 minutes ago, Kpuff said:

I mean they do it on reddit and Twitter all the time.

Proving my point I think.  

Reddit and twitter are absolute shitstorms compared to this forum.  

I shudder at the thought of emulating them.

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Proving my point I think.  

Reddit and twitter are absolute shitstorms compared to this forum.  

I shudder at the thought of emulating them.

Yeah I try to avoid them as much as I can. But i do feel like some people should be rewarded for their efforts also and that is one way to do it. But hey you could be right. There’s only one way to find out if it’s a good idea 😁

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

I'm of the "**** 'em - the haters are gonna complain about something, anyway" mindset, on that one, in specific.

More generally, I'm tired of people being afraid of doing/enabling anything good (for fear that their 'motives' could be 'questioned') - trust me, they'll be questioned anyway - if not by random haters, then by sneaky competitors, so, might as well do the good/fun thing we wanted to do in the first place --- and be ready to defend against/ignore "numb-skulls."

As for your second point, generally the "spam" / "likebait" issue, I think the economic incentives will even that out - given time...  This is gonna play out in web monetization, in general, in the near future - and everyone's gonna have to figure out what they want to reward/promote versus what they think is BS and want to not pay for (or just simply ignore).

May as well get on with it, I say.

Edited by NightJanitor
One way or another, it's happening.