Sign in to follow this  
richxrp

How to own ripple and receive dividends

oh for goodness sake, it's not complicated -- you just need  lot of money!

just go to equityzen, sign up, register that you're an "accredited investor" (i.e. have bagloads of disposable cash) then state an interest in ripple equity and wait to see if someone (i.e. equityzen's broker-dealer) makes you an offer if/when someone else wants to sell

https://equityzen.com

it was ~$25 last year, probably 2x or 3x that by now

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

oh for goodness sake, it's not complicated -- you just need  lot of money!

just go to equityzen, sign up, register that you're an "accredited investor" (i.e. have bagloads of disposable cash) then state an interest in ripple equity and wait to see if someone (i.e. equityzen's broker-dealer) makes you an offer if/when someone else wants to sell

https://equityzen.com

well.. I did talk to them (equityzen.. and ..sharespost).. minimum investment is $25k and only if you have net worth (exclusive of house/home) of >  $1M.. The above solution is if you don't fall into these categories...

Edited by richxrp
update

1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

I saw prices as high as $32 last year (i'm sure they were higher), i think they are currently trading between $16-20.  There are different types, preferred shares and common stock.  Preferred shares come with rights and seniority, but are priced at a premium to common stock. There was a 2-for-1 stock split in 2017, i can't remember exactly when.  Around the ATH, shares were trading at about a 90% discount to the value of XRP, having said that the volatility of Ripple shares on the secondary market is much lower than XRP volatility. Novagratz says it was approx. a 98% discount:

Also FYI, the steemit article's equity ownership estimates are all about 2x what they actually are.  I'm going to assume they are using old stats and haven't considered dilution etc. I have SBI estimated to be 5-6%, Seagate and CME around 3%, etc...