Sign in to follow this  
BeSeriousXRP

Still nothing?

2 minutes ago, Biggerdo said:

If only Institutional firms had bought from the exchanges like everyone else ..

Screw OTC sales ..:biggrin::biggrin:

That is a big NO DOUBT the whole "institutional money coming" for the past 9 months is a farce when they buy directly from Ripple. I still believe just want to see these banks onboard like BG talked about.

Not much to say in response to this, but REGULATION.

We are in limbo until that changes.

So, maybe it would be a good idea to walk away from your screen and enjoy life; Spring is coming (for many of us)!:drinks:  

OTC TRADES IMPACT THE MARKET.

Sorry for yelling but this is a fact of life.

If I buy OTC that means someone else who wanted to buy OTC has to buy on the market. Price goes up.

If I sell OTC that means someone else who wanted to buy OTC doesn’t have to buy on the market. Price goes down.

OTC trades impact the market.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

If I buy OTC that means someone else who wanted to buy OTC has to buy on the market. Price goes up.

If I sell OTC that means someone else who wanted to buy OTC doesn’t have to buy on the market. Price goes down.

With respect good sir,  I agree with your overall point but not perhaps for the same reasons.  

If you buy OTC it doesn’t stop someone else from buying OTC...  so far supply way outstrips demand.  

Ultimately I think the two markets affect each other,  but indirectly and with lag...  and not for the reasons that you said.

I’m getting older and there are times I fear I will be in the earth before we are on the moon.   :) 

But I do believe Brad is correct in saying that the growth will be exponential.  So far we are in the lag phase incrementally inching along.  When I remember how many institutions there are and their volumes,  I realise that if it’s a bell curve of adoption,  and even if we only get a portion of the market,  then at some point the slope is vertiginous and I can retire.  Let’s hope it’s BEFORE I’m eligible for a pension...   :) 

Edited by Tinyaccount
Added commas

9 hours ago, ripplewaytogo said:

End of the year is correct.....

but he didn’t say which year. Could be end of the year 2030 as far as we know......lol

Yes that’s exactly what he meant - at the end of a random year in multiple years time. It’s also how he arranges meetings at Ripple, just mentions what day it’ll be on, no need for a determined date, they’ll read between the lines.  

12 hours ago, 010101 said:

That is a big NO DOUBT the whole "institutional money coming" for the past 9 months is a farce when they buy directly from Ripple. I still believe just want to see these banks onboard like BG talked about.

I remember making this very argument a year ago on here and getting blasted for it that I didn’t know what I was talking about.

9 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Again, the very point I was making a year ago when I was the lone wolf saying this.

Sign in to follow this