SBI Exchange postponed to July

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest exchange in Japan Bitflyer has not resumed new registration yet. They received a business improvement order months ago. They will probably restart new registration soon. And many Japa

Quick story... I was at a bachelor party at a house on the river last weekend. When we got there, I immediately went to the back to check out the river and dock. I noticed a rope tied from a tree

There is 0 evidence banks were responsible for that move in September. Only circumstantial evidence, mostly fueled by connecting dots. It could have been a test, or not. We dont know for sure. What we

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, hamasugu said:

You are welcome:)

I will inform situation of Japan in a timely manner.

Thank you so very much.  We really appreciate having you here.  

Please feel free to share any thoughts you have on events and movements in Japan.  Everyone here on this chat would be most interested.

It is very nice to talk to you and I hope we chat some more.

It is essential to understand that XRP is not the same as Ripple. They are two different things. This situation is unlike Bitcoin which its community is the same as the currency. Ripple is the company, XRP is a currency.

First, Ripple has three products: xCurrent, xRapid, and xVia.

xCurrent helps banks to transfer money efficiently across borders, and it makes use of the RapidNet. RapidNet is the Ripple blockchain. xCurrent as a product does not use XRP.

xVia helps parties outside banks to make transactions through the banks. It does not use XRP either.

The only product that uses XRP is xRapid. xRapid helps to improve liquidity when entering emerging banks.

Out of the over 100 partnerships with the financial institutions, only one which is a none bank financial institution called Cuallix from Mexico uses the xRapid

OK, but i was not fake News :-) So which other big Financial institutions are using Xpring?

By the way, I think that XRP into gaming industri is exiting News, "Forte and will be used to integrate blockchain technology and XRP into existing games"

5 hours ago, Eystein74 said:

It is essential to understand that XRP is not the same as Ripple. They are two different things. This situation is unlike Bitcoin which its community is the same as the currency. Ripple is the company, XRP is a currency.

First, Ripple has three products: xCurrent, xRapid, and xVia.

xCurrent helps banks to transfer money efficiently across borders, and it makes use of the RapidNet. RapidNet is the Ripple blockchain. xCurrent as a product does not use XRP.

xVia helps parties outside banks to make transactions through the banks. It does not use XRP either.

The only product that uses XRP is xRapid. xRapid helps to improve liquidity when entering emerging banks.

Out of the over 100 partnerships with the financial institutions, only one which is a none bank financial institution called Cuallix from Mexico uses the xRapid

OK, but i was not fake News :-) So which other big Financial institutions are using Xpring?

I highlighted all the wrong assumptions you`ve made -- please DYOR on those matters

So which other big Financial institutions are using Xpring?

None, Xpring is a different thing entirely. There are a few companies, although maybe not classed as 'big', that already are or will soon be using xRapid. These include MercuryFX, Euro Exim Bank, Omni, Catalyst Credit Union, Cuallix, JNFX, FlashFX and more.

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

2 days before July, what are your thoughts ?

SBI is under maintenance until July 1st.

Some people said it'll be live on 8 but it could be a rumor...

I hope it won't be postponed !

I believe at this point we are not waiting on SBI as such but for the correct framework and legislation to be passed to allow them to operate. G20 just finished if I am not mistaken, though unsure if anything came out of it or if this was the meeting we were waiting for.

51 minutes ago, Thomas666 said:

2 days before July, what are your thoughts ?

SBI is under maintenance until July 1st.

Some people said it'll be live on 8 but it could be a rumor...

I hope it won't be postponed !

Given how careful the Japanese government is acting with cryptos, the likelihood of another postponment is high. Furthermore, if there is a launch, the price of XRP isn't going to skyrocket. SBI is an important partner but BTC is the only strong influencer on the XRP price at the moment. Nothing else matters until there is significant XRP utility.

24 minutes ago, RippleFan4124 said:

Nothing else matters until there is significant XRP utility.

I agree with everything you said but I hold a tiny smidgeon of hope that SBI might start a lot of XRP utility.  So maybe it will have a good effect.   I’m faintly hopeful.