SBI Exchange postponed to July

fiik

I spend a lot of time working with AWS, and it's the best cloud platform out there. For them to cite DDoS as a reason to leave AWS is embarrassing, and calls into question whether or not they know what they're doing.

And their attempt to build something better is highly unlikely.

Something doesn't add up.

58 minutes ago, kryptoroi said:

Bakkt-delayed

SBI-delayed

Fidelity-only going with a soft launch (for now) until they also announce that it's-delayed

If you ask me, it's all orchestrated! Why? I feel like bringing out some good news in anticipation of better news, only to be crashed with bad news is more draining and demoralizing to an investor then just having no news at all! So I believe they get our hopes up and then let us down on purpose to the point where we say F*** it and move on! 

Who are "they"? 

And why in the world would they give a damn about holders? 

To lower the price a few cents?

You want to know what I think. I think that many holders put too much faith in this thing.

You bought it leave it in the damn closet and wait for it to moon. And if not so be it.

Dr. T (Twitter handle) has put the SBI delay in the context of an FATF timeline (multi-gov't agency - Financial Action Task Force) to issue official clarification on recommended virtual currency regulations by June 2019. (Japan is one of the 38 members on the FATF.)

4 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist.

Doesn't matter if they start trading in March or in July as it will make absolutely no difference to the price - mark my words.

Just look at the difference Coinbase made - absolutely F all. Just simple rumours of a Coinbase listing in the past would have sky rocketed price.

We've got to now accept we're in a new era of crypto where all the craziness has stopped and the dust has settled. Gone are of the days of huge price increases. It's all slow and steady from here on. We're looking at a minimum of 6 years before we get to even $2 again, if that.

Your first bear market eh?

1 hour ago, Staigera said:

Who are "they"? 

And why in the world would they give a damn about holders? 

To lower the price a few cents?

You want to know what I think. I think that many holders put too much faith in this thing.

You bought it leave it in the damn closet and wait for it to moon. And if not so be it.

"THEY" is any organization who wants to push down the price and demoralize people so we sell, and "THEY" can buy more to strengthen their position! Why would institutions want to invest in assets where regular people like us already have a head start and hold a big portion? "THEY" want to take us regular investors out so they can control more! Crypto and it's underlying technology represent the first time where non-institutional investors got a head start on wallstreet and FIs. And I bet you that has everything to do with the slow adoption at this time! If wall street and Fi were all onboard from the beginning, I guarantee you that we would be a lot lot lot further than we are now! Stop being such a damn fool! 

1 hour ago, kryptoroi said:

“THEY" want to take us regular investors out so they can control more!

I find this line of argument to be flawed.

The one thing a big player doesn’t fear is the small players.  We don’t appear on their radar.

Their plays are only subject to disruption if other big players interfere.   Stalling a thing to rid the field of inconsequential players seems like a lost opportunity and the big players don’t usually let opportunity pass them by.

If wall street and Fi were all onboard from the beginning, I guarantee you that we would be a lot lot lot further than we are now! Stop being such a damn fool! 

That’s probably true but isn’t the reason they are slow to get into crypto.  They are subject to regulation and can’t go where the rules are not yet defined.

Why would institutions want to invest in assets where regular people like us already have a head start and hold a big portion? 

To make money.  Retail holding a big portion is no problem for them at all...  if and when they want in they will get in.  

So many theories are often repeated with no underlying facts or even a rationale that holds water.

Not sure it is totally clear but seemingly so...?

It's been actively discussed all day today in the following thread:

Edited by EcneitapLatnem
1....2....3..... merge!