SBI Exchange postponed to July

fiik

40 minutes ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

Note to all: launch dates in crypto have to be taken with a truck load of salt.

Applies to life in general.

Remember that thing you wanted to do but delayed it? Yes, everyone has those things. About a million of them every day. 

10 minutes ago, WuWei said:

My question is whether or not MoneyTap can proceed, or is it tied directly into SBIVC?

MoneyTap is proceeding. The same slide deck that announced the delay of SBIVC said that 3 Banks are live, 4 more are currently rolling out, and an additional 3 have signed production contracts. 

Remember that this first phase of MoneyTap is xCurrent. XRP remittance or FX won't be introduced for a while. 

39 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist.

Doesn't matter if they start trading in March or in July as it will make absolutely no difference to the price - mark my words.

Just look at the difference Coinbase made - absolutely F all. Just simple rumours of a Coinbase listing in the past would have sky rocketed price.

We've got to now accept we're in a new era of crypto where all the craziness has stopped and the dust has settled. Gone are of the days of huge price increases. It's all slow and steady from here on. We're looking at a minimum of 6 years before we get to even $2 again, if that.

Heavily doubt we are looking at 6 years to reach $2, maybe 2 years to reach $6, that I'll buy; yet something tells me "days of huge price increases" haven't even started yet.....:popcorn1:

42 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Doesn't matter if they start trading in March or in July as it will make absolutely no difference to the price - mark my words.

Just look at the difference Coinbase made - absolutely F all. Just simple rumours of a Coinbase listing in the past would have sky rocketed price.

We've got to now accept we're in a new era of crypto where all the craziness has stopped and the dust has settled. Gone are of the days of huge price increases. It's all slow and steady from here on. We're looking at a minimum of 6 years before we get to even $2 again, if that.

The man responsible for fixing or manipulating the crypto currency prices is missing in action.

58 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Sorry for the double post. Initial post didn't refresh correctly resulting in hitting the save button twice.

Edited by Scout

58 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

I think more like six months to one year. Six years seems a bit much. I agree in part though - if SBI launched now, it probably wouldn't have much effect on price.

Every day big news for XRP & yet the price never alters sizeably. In the next few weeks, we will see a major change in XRP value as Japans financial markets start to use XRP. Plus another 5 projects firing up in the coming weeks that should make XRP fly to Mars rather than the moon... https://xrpripplenews.com/2019/03/06/xrp-sbi-bullrun-time/

Edited by supernelsonz
Adding image

Bakkt-delayed

SBI-delayed

Fidelity-only going with a soft launch (for now) until they also announce that it's-delayed

If you ask me, it's all orchestrated! Why? I feel like bringing out some good news in anticipation of better news, only to be crashed with bad news is more draining and demoralizing to an investor then just having no news at all! So I believe they get our hopes up and then let us down on purpose to the point where we say F*** it and move on! 

I think SBI is a great partner for Ripple. I really believe there's a storm, now, we HODLERS don't know about, in a good way. You're gonna see many of the 2000+ crypto coins die, in the next few years/coming months. Ripple Labs / XRP, is in bed with some smart cats, with great usage prospects, IMO. No sweat, folks!