Sign in to follow this  
chrysalisair

Coinbase upsets XRP users by refusing to retrieve funds

I believe there was comment from Binance (I think the CEO) that said yes they can retrieve the funds, its a pain, but it can be done. This sounds like a purposeful loophole in fine print in order to retrieve fees in the form of mistakes made by customers.

It's very simple to do. XRP are in the hot wallet, user just can repeat a small transaction from same wallet to prove where funds came from.

Or Conbase just discovered the black XRP hole.

Coinbase stealing money, easy as that.

Retrieval is easy and simple, just a painful manual process.

Their statement is a flat out lie, they state funds are lost forever. What a ******* joke.

2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

To those who are using Coinbase and are transferring XRP there, please pay special attention to the fact that the destination tag changes every time you click on Receive XRP. In the event you send your XRPs there using any previously generated destination tags, it is likely that they will no longer be accessible. Had I not checked the details thrice-over, I would have used in a subsequent transfer the previous destination tag from a prior transaction.

isn' that all their tags? I'll have to check, but that is the scariest thing about crypto is sending it via this "tag" one mistake coins gone forever? Scary every transfer terrifies me lol on any exchange.

I moved my XRP to from Kraken to CB without a problem. 2 separate transactions with the same tag # that went through without issue. Do I need to worry about leaving it on CB?

3 minutes ago, JoeyN123 said:

I moved my XRP to from Kraken to CB without a problem. 2 separate transactions with the same tag # that went through without issue. Do I need to worry about leaving it on CB?

No. You just need to pay extra attention when moving funds to Coinbase to make sure the destination address and destination tag is correct. Check it every time.

Coinbase apparently doesn't want to make an effort to reimburse transactions with the wrong desintation tag.