Sign in to follow this  
Thomas666

SBI website is live for XRP

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

A later comment says that the above is an old article from 2018. FUD?

Someone who did not read carefully and rushed the tweet.

You can see it is postponed from March to July 2019.

D0-kYu1VsAAa269.jpg:large

And here is the video supposedly in which he said it

Edited by JannaOneTrick

I’ve posted this before and I’ll say it again. SBI is a giant hype machine that’ll be a massive letdown if it ever even launches.  It was made to be a bigger deal than it is due to hopium, in typical XRP community fashion. There is no switch, blink of an eye, etc. This isn’t the last delay by SBI of 2019. 

Posted (edited)

Is this true ? ... pathetic

http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/190306presentations.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3tdCX0tiYyZkwPwglSBBz8YzmoHL4zPS0LSQS_x_KCGbO1CIdD6MSEKMc

"Exchange service: the scheduled beginning date was changed to July from Mar. 2019, in line with the introduction of private-cloud to enhance security in response to changes of the regulatory environment for leverage trading"

Edited by Thomas666

16 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

I’ve posted this before and I’ll say it again. SBI is a giant hype machine that’ll be a massive letdown if it ever even launches.  It was made to be a bigger deal than it is due to hopium, in typical XRP community fashion. There is no switch, blink of an eye, etc. This isn’t the last delay by SBI of 2019. 

Except that the trade platform is only one piece of what they're working on. If you look at the presentation, MoneyTap is live with 3 banks, 4 more are in the process of rolling it out, and another 3 have signed agreements to adopt. It will only be a matter of time until they figure out how to add remittance services using XRP. And don't forget that SBI seems to have played a pivotal role in resolving the legal dispute between R3 and Ripple. Now, instead of being at each others' throats, they have an incentive to work together and spur XRP adoption through Corda Settler.

When you're dreaming as big as SBI, it takes a long time to put all the pieces together. I agree this probably won't be the last delay, but in the long term, who cares?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Thomas666 said:

Sorry but my English isn't native.

How should we understand :

"the scheduled beginning date was changed to July from Mar. 2019"

Could it be July 2018 ?

Typically, a sentence like this is clearer when stated as going "from something to something" instead of "to something from something".

It might be easier to understand if they said it went "from March 2019 to July" since you'd expect the date to be in the future. In this case, July 2019.

Note: This is only a guess based on the translation, which could be wrong. So, take my comment as feedback to the grammar rather than making an accurate statement. xD

Edited by Xrylite
Clarification