BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

Hey Bob, I'm commenting out of sync with the crew here, I read quite a bit about xPool... is this a real nascent product? 

I read a great post by KarmaCoverage here on Medium:

“How xPool may work? An attempted guess” by KarmaCoverage https://link.medium.com/abpVnl0k5U

Which I think is excellent, and recently Joel Katz commented in a video circulating on Twitter that he can't talk about Pool but is very excited about PolySign Inc. 

Long story short, is xPool a thing?!  🙏😇😎

Thank you! 

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, TheHoff said:

, + . Would make it much easier to read :big_boss:

lol just noticed wtf i wrote, here's a tip for people caring about what your perceived to be online which to some may link it to what you would "appear" to be like in reality! Some times care factor 0 as you notice on many comments, no corrections.

I'll clear it up once & for all. Due to the fact that lately i've noticed many comments I've rushed through and of course i suddenly have not just become retarded, in fact I have a habit not caring, my thought being i think this comment is the least important of my 10 tasks im doing at the same time then. I realise my point was obscured by my lack of effort in caring to communicate well. And i'm perceived as a wack. Far from it :)

Confession, like that day and more lately many days! Not much sleep & too much of "whatever your poison might be" and mixing that with multiple youtube videos, configuring trade bots all whilst rushing through a response and not proof reading some comments before submit. 

My normal use of my laptop would be 1. Healthy eating & sleeping habits , sitting up straight, using 2 hands to type ^ none of was doing i even had one eye closed as i was laying on my side wear my wife found me next day  with a bruise on my head from who knows what. *Secret" i'm doing now btw i'm just getting out of comfy zone to reiterate why you possibly think i'm retarded ( usually i'd give 2 fks ) but i've noticed lately after re -reading twitter, youtube, forum msgs wow some ppl think i'm some *******. As my care factor is 10/100 now & assuming Yous prob 0 but your effort to point it out seemed higher tiny bit higher like others have as well. So il address it mind you i'm still exact position mentally/physically as that day. One difference ;) using little more effort, But let me tell you ppl how important good food , good sleep equates to.

With my current bad sleep habits ....Lately 0-4hrs - > Energy effort  forced out of comfort zone (not a nice feeling) but a more Productive good day and wanting a normally viewed perception requires extreme frustration, uncomfortably High effort needed to look avg.

A same type day (Not today) 3hrs sleep but no poison indulgence,  care factor still mild = Avg looking perception  requires uncomfortable medium effort.

Here is the point - CARE REQUIRES EFFORT, TODAY I FELT I'VE BUILT UP A BUNCH OF COMMENTS WHICH REQUIRE RECOVERY. LOL

Now With my current bad sleep habits today Equal to the day of "The great perception".Atm =  2hr/48hrs + poison + working computer with one eye open while laying down on my side using 2 fingers to type CBF factor = 100% . Perception care factor 80% ,Energy effort  forced out of comfort zone (not a nice feeling) - high effort needed.

Final point = Sleep, eat, indulge less and smile.

Edited by btemtd

6 hours ago, bearablegal123 said:

Hi Bob,

While keeping my identity private, I have a sincere request to make to you. As you rightly pointed out, Mr Arthur Britto aka Satoshi Nakamotu is a brilliant individual and has chosen to live his life in privacy.  The reason as you are well aware is because he is none other than Satoshi Nakamotu. I think it is high time that Mr Satoshi gets fame and due credit for his work and is made known to the world. You must be curious why I care. I had a very unfortunate experience with this individual on Twitter who goes by the Twitter handle of @db70899 popularly known as Dafruid or eyebeat. He is none other than Arthur Britto and Satoshi and we fell in a deep emotional online love relationship. Because of his need to maintain privacy, he lied about him being 22 years old and swore by it..and the lies caused me an immense amount of anxiety and depression which finally led to a wonderful relationship breaking up. I do not see any reason why Arthur's life should be kept in secrecy when each one of you know who is. It is time for the world to know who he is and him to get fame.. I do not wish whatever happened to me happens to another other woman. He fooling around with woman and claiming to be 22 years old is not cool at all.

Thanks,

BearableGal123

image.png.15d650a39e73d706cb77b3dc52f0cd38.png

15 hours ago, btemtd said:

lol just noticed wtf i wrote, here's a tip for people caring about what your perceived to be online which to some may link it to what you would "appear" to be like in reality! Some times care factor 0 as you notice on many comments, no corrections.

I'll clear it up once & for all. Due to the fact that lately i've noticed many comments I've rushed through and of course i suddenly have not just become retarded, in fact I have a habit not caring, my thought being i think this comment is the least important of my 10 tasks im doing at the same time then. I realise my point was obscured by my lack of effort in caring to communicate well. And i'm perceived as a wack. Far from it :)

Confession, like that day and more lately many days! Not much sleep & too much of "whatever your poison might be" and mixing that with multiple youtube videos, configuring trade bots all whilst rushing through a response and not proof reading some comments before submit. 

My normal use of my laptop would be 1. Healthy eating & sleeping habits , sitting up straight, using 2 hands to type ^ none of was doing i even had one eye closed as i was laying on my side wear my wife found me next day  with a bruise on my head from who knows what. *Secret" i'm doing now btw i'm just getting out of comfy zone to reiterate why you possibly think i'm retarded ( usually i'd give 2 fks ) but i've noticed lately after re -reading twitter, youtube, forum msgs wow some ppl think i'm some *******. As my care factor is 10/100 now & assuming Yous prob 0 but your effort to point it out seemed higher tiny bit higher like others have as well. So il address it mind you i'm still exact position mentally/physically as that day. One difference ;) using little more effort, But let me tell you ppl how important good food , good sleep equates to.

With my current bad sleep habits ....Lately 0-4hrs - > Energy effort  forced out of comfort zone (not a nice feeling) but a more Productive good day and wanting a normally viewed perception requires extreme frustration, uncomfortably High effort needed to look avg.

A same type day (Not today) 3hrs sleep but no poison indulgence,  care factor still mild = Avg looking perception  requires uncomfortable medium effort.

Here is the point - CARE REQUIRES EFFORT, TODAY I FELT I'VE BUILT UP A BUNCH OF COMMENTS WHICH REQUIRE RECOVERY. LOL

Now With my current bad sleep habits today Equal to the day of "The great perception".Atm =  2hr/48hrs + poison + working computer with one eye open while laying down on my side using 2 fingers to type CBF factor = 100% . Perception care factor 80% ,Energy effort  forced out of comfort zone (not a nice feeling) - high effort needed.

Final point = Sleep, eat, indulge less and smile.

I totally understand. Thanks for clearing this up! Ahm. yes :friends:

That last line can be printed on a shirt! Good one.

Posted (edited)

Hi @BobWay,

Sorry if my comment is inconsistent. Just too many things are going through my head and it's difficult to write these down in a coherent story.

First: Thanks for joining the forum and answer so many questions. I hope your health issues will soon be over (this is not just being polite, I genuinly hope everything will work out and I truly believe your health is someone's most precious possession).

For me Ripple has mostly been publicly embodied by David Schwartz and Brad Garlinghouse so far.
You'd almost forget that Ripple is full of top-notch talented people and I'm happy seeing you on this forum (together with the silly picture: nice heels btw ;p).
It shows that so much more hard work is going on at Ripple behind the scene.

After being a month into crypto I realised XRP and Ripple are the way to go (at least to me). For these reasons:
- use-case (major +)
- customers
- top notch team (with people at the top of their industry; major +)
- working with the system (major +)
- not just a crypto but a product around it (xRapid, xCurrent, xVia)
- no need for me "bugging" people about it and help adoption (I don't need to talk about crypto to anyone or convince them to buy and hold X or Y; I'm very reluctant to get anyone involved into crypto because if it goes south they'll blame me for sure :p)
- value will come from use and not just speculation or "pump and dump"
- liquidity
- on-ledger transaction speed

I'm aware XRP is much more than Ripple however I still feel like they're going to be the major value creator for it.

So these are my questions/rants/... :

- Although I'm really bullish on XRP and Ripple I "fear" IBM/Stellar. I've seen a video a few weeks or so ago and it seems they have the exact same pitch and use-case as Ripple with the exception that they don't "endorse" any specific asset. So it could be CBDC, Bitcoin, Lumens, XRP, ...
I actually felt quite offended that it seems like they just copy-cat Ripple. IBM is very big, has a lot of resources at its disposal and has existing connections with a lot of banks. With Stellar being so similar to XRPL it does make me wonder. Does it worry you? What's your view on this? What's your view on Stellar? How far apart are the IBM solutions from those provided by Ripple? How do you think Ripple differentiates from IBM/Stellar?
I'm aware that you're not very keen on talking about this but I think it has to be addressed.
One positive side to this is that it really proves Ripple has a valid use-case.

- Is Ripple doing a top-down or bottom-up approach? So are they looking into integrating their software with major players and so smaller players will automatically be involved or getting the smaller ones on the wagon first. The latter seems like an implementation nightmare.

- Do you feel Ripple is really competition to Swift?

- How do you see the partnership with R3?
Is it because Ripple feels some heat and so they have to move forward to keep the edge?

- Do you feel the regulatory issues/uncertainty takes away a strategic edge of Ripple? So do you feel that it allows competitors to close the gap with Ripple and XRP?

- Did you or other Ripple employees ever discuss BG123(bearableguy123)? To clarify: an anonymous person makes riddles with all sorts of outlandish claims. Of course these riddles are easily interpreted in numerous ways. Some say he has been predicting major things(although I've never seen any proof of that happening except for broad interpretations of vague riddles). One of his claims was that XRP would hit 589 EOY (EOY 2018). That clearly didn't come to fruition. Some even believed that this would happen in the last (few) day(s) of the year. Now there are claims of +2k XRP by May.
Some people strongly believe he's an insider at Ripple (I honestly think that's horsesh**, probably he's making some educated guesses). What's your view? I don't even think XRP could ever hit 589 USD (or at least not in the coming 5 to 10 years). Anyway this sounds extremely unlikely to happen.
Some youtubers have been feeding into this ****. SamIAm is one of them (although he has some other content that explains some theories).

There have been videos from Suzy (Esoteric Trading Solutions). At first glance she sounds legit. I honestly thinks she has the experience she claims.
She was talking about an initial evaluation of 3xx USD per XRP. She basically said XRP would be deemed a security and based on that she made a valuation.
I believe she's wrong but at least she gave some insight in some of the bank processes (I don't think I've seen anyone else ever cover that).

In your view, do these claims rather hurt the XRP ecosystem or do you see no harm?

I honestly am not very positive about the youtube community we have (well actually for crypto in general). They jump to conclusions, are totally biased, everything that happens is positive for Ripple and XRP, seem to not understand escrow release transactions, any valuations are usually very simplistic, ...

- There is a PDF paper with XRP and bitcoin valuations based on some models (there was actually some kind of calculator as well where you could tweak the parameters). The paper was written by Ripple or at least someone who was appointed by Ripple. (I have the shortcut somewhere but I'd have to search for it so let me know if you'd need the link).
In this pdf there was a valuation of 30$ XRP in 5 or 10 years if Ripple had X% of the market. That was in case Ripple would be very successful in executing their idea.
Do you think this is too conservative? These still seem like great returns to me but I usually get headwind when mentioning this while others seem to expect 100, 589 or 1000$ USD XRP.

- Marketcap: what do you think about the marketcap metric in crypto? Do you think it is a valid metric? I know what it means: number of tokens * last traded token value, so it doesn't equal to the amount of fiat that has entered the market. Still I think that high valuations of XRP like 100 USD or more are unlikely due to a psychological barrier. Do you think this will be a barrier? Same goes for Jed's holdings (sorry to bring this up). With those holdings he might become one of the richest people.

- BTC vs XRP: what always bothered me about XRP is that nodes need a UNL.
1) this list will likely be the default so only the nodes on the default list are relevant. Doesn't this UNL pose a threat? If a new version of the XRPL software becomes available nodes need to update within a week or 2. If you don't agree with these changes you don't update. Not updating "removes" you from being part of the ledger. You might now have reduced the UNL to nodes which might have a different agenda and push their own changes. This mechanism has never been really clear to me.
2) XRP does away with the mining but that mining gives some very specific properties that I still feel like XRP doesn't have.
I don't have too much issues with this per se due to the "work within the system" mentality. You'll likely need to trust some peers anyway. This seems very true for financial institutions, central banks and the like.
As you mentioned yourself BTC can be operated fully by anonymous nodes and to me that seems like a more resillient/decentralized system. I'm aware about the mining being xx% in China but I still feel that's magnified because bringing up China to some Americans seems to be stopping critical thinking (just like Russia) :)
I want to emphasise that I don't mean to disrespect anyone.

- Do you feel that XRP, if it wants to be or becomes a supranational currency, would need to be backed by something tangible (like gold)?

- BTC vs BCH and BSV: do you feel like there's any right for BCH and BSV to exist? I'd say that if BSV or BCH become successful it has proven that BTC is a failed experiment. BTC should be resillient to all sorts of attacks and BCH and BSV are to me an attack on trying to take control over bitcoin by using the brand recognition while bringing little to no added value.

- If you'd had to choose to either have Ripple stocks or XRP, what would you prefer? I honestly would prefer stocks.

- Can XRP be adopted around the world by major nations like China, Russia, ...? Would Ripple, being an American company, refrain these countries from adopting it?

I still didn't see anyone mentioning the patent that explains a method to distribute XRP without it pulling the market down. :)

Thank you very much to read this far and I wish you a splendid day.

Edited by SquaryBone

On 3/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, SquaryBone said:

I still didn't see anyone mentioning the patent that explains a method to distribute XRP without it pulling the market down. :)

It doesn’t look like it but the following is the first post in that answer thread...   you can also find an answer by browsing to the Clubs section, selecting Bobs Book Club, then browsing the “Chapters and chats” which are the topics available in the club.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, BobWay said:

Edited by Tinyaccount
Added more clarity... or did I make it worse... :)

On 3/16/2019 at 11:37 AM, bearablegal123 said:

Hi Bob,

While keeping my identity private, I have a sincere request to make to you. As you rightly pointed out, Mr Arthur Britto aka Satoshi Nakamotu is a brilliant individual and has chosen to live his life in privacy.  The reason as you are well aware is because he is none other than Satoshi Nakamotu. I think it is high time that Mr Satoshi gets fame and due credit for his work and is made known to the world. You must be curious why I care. I had a very unfortunate experience with this individual on Twitter who goes by the Twitter handle of @db70899 popularly known as Dafruid or eyebeat. He is none other than Arthur Britto and Satoshi and we fell in a deep emotional online love relationship. Because of his need to maintain privacy, he lied about him being 22 years old and swore by it..and the lies caused me an immense amount of anxiety and depression which finally led to a wonderful relationship breaking up. I do not see any reason why Arthur's life should be kept in secrecy when each one of you know who is. It is time for the world to know who he is and him to get fame.. I do not wish whatever happened to me happens to another other woman. He fooling around with woman and claiming to be 22 years old is not cool at all.

Thanks,

BearableGal123

@bobway. Not sure how things were back in 2013 but this is the state of affairs in 2019. :):D