BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

Bit late to the party here but what an awesome thread this is. Thanks so much to Bob especially and all other contributors. So many folk on here who are far more intelligent than I am, it's wonderful to be able to learn from you all - thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Hey Bob!

Would you say it is probable that the laws and tax rules for XRP profits will be changed if XRP grows into a mainstream asset? The reason I ask is cuz where I live, the current rules make it a bloody nightmare to declare if you sell XRP after first buying BTC and trade back and forth...

Thats one of the huge reasons I see a potential for XRP holders who buy now to make a crazy high return once this gets settled and the huge mass feels its not to much of a hassle to buy and sell XRP

You have any opinions on this? 

Cheers and thanks for making this thread!

20 hours ago, ImNotLeaving said:

Hello @BobWay. First and foremost, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions here. I am really curious to know your thoughts on Stellar, their partnerships with IBM, XLM vs. XRP in terms of speed, cost, etc., and how do you see the competition between Ripple and Stellar and XLM vs. XRP roll out moving forward? There's apparently a new announcement with IBM coming out soon. Any thought/comment is much appreciated! 

I have the same question.  Would like to hear more about competition pros and cons. Thank you, Bob!

On 3/9/2019 at 9:40 PM, JoelKatz said:

I think that any technology can be used for good or evil. Obviously, I would hate to see social credit develop in that direction.

I was definitely one of those people who believed that the Internet would inherently democratize the spread of information. Until a few years ago, i was thrilled with the idea that anyone could publish a web page or start a blog and get a huge following if people wanted to hear what they had to say. Seeing the gatekeepers of information lose their power was a wonderful thing. As you all know, in the past decade or so, new gatekeepers emerged with a small number of companies not only having huge control over what information can and cannot be easily shared but also having a revenue model based on gathering massive amounts of information that it has become impractical to keep private.

I'd hate to repeat this pattern with the democratizing of the flow of funds and hope we can correct this with the flow of information over the next decade or so.

David, please dont ever change.  You are a master builder of the modern world and like the classics of old, may your creation not only withstand time but be in reverence of the human spirit.  I know I always sound like a hallmark card, but the struggle is real to keep humanity in tech systems and you are one of its champions.

Hey @BobWay and @JoelKatz. Thank you very much for the information you're sharing here, it's been really, really helpful for deeper understanding of what Ripple (and XRP) is solving (even if I was sold on it already!)

And Bob, you're probably already aware of it, but low carb and/or keto diet has been proven to work wonders for Type 2 Diabetes and other similar diseases. I'm doing keto myself and have never felt better in my life.

I am also looking forward to all that Ripple is building (and what you've helped to build/shape) and the whole XRP ecosystem, as the possibilities are endless.

It's truly a shame that we still can't send money instantly in 2019, given that Internet helped information move instantly for several years now.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:22 AM, everthefirst said:

Hi Bob,

watch (start from 30:37): 

Greetings

Douche bag....⬆️⬆️

@BobWay  Thank you for comming here and answering the communities questions. 

Hi and welcome @BobWay! I was away from the forum and missed your grand entrance. I am busy catching up on stuff here but was wondering if you are the same chap Red who released GDW (I think it was back in 2012-2013)? If so that is awesome, I was using the Goodwill project as an example of how distributed monetary systems could parallel or aid LETs systems. 

27 minutes ago, Mercury said:

was wondering if you are the same chap Red who released GDW (I think it was back in 2012-2013)? If so that is awesome 

Hi Mercury...   I’m betting he is.  Wonderful bloke to have posting here.  

3 hours ago, Mercury said:

Hi and welcome @BobWay! I was away from the forum and missed your grand entrance. I am busy catching up on stuff here but was wondering if you are the same chap Red who released GDW (I think it was back in 2012-2013)? If so that is awesome, I was using the Goodwill project as an example of how distributed monetary systems could parallel or aid LETs systems. 

Yes, I am!  Glad there are people who still remember GDW.  I was explaining to others along with David just last night.

6 hours ago, BobWay said:

Yes, I am!  Glad there are people who still remember GDW.  I was explaining to others along with David just last night.

Excellent. There are others here who are interested in Ripples potential for social economics, in fact I got started in the space from a LETs system. 

Are you still doing anything related or intersecting with similar systems?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mercury said:

Excellent. There are others here who are interested in Ripples potential for social economics, in fact I got started in the space from a LETs system. 

Are you still doing anything related or intersecting with similar systems?

You could/should read @Hodors latest blog and connect the dots :)

Edited by RippleSider

Hi Bob,

While keeping my identity private, I have a sincere request to make to you. As you rightly pointed out, Mr Arthur Britto aka Satoshi Nakamotu is a brilliant individual and has chosen to live his life in privacy.  The reason as you are well aware is because he is none other than Satoshi Nakamotu. I think it is high time that Mr Satoshi gets fame and due credit for his work and is made known to the world. You must be curious why I care. I had a very unfortunate experience with this individual on Twitter who goes by the Twitter handle of @db70899 popularly known as Dafruid or eyebeat. He is none other than Arthur Britto and Satoshi and we fell in a deep emotional online love relationship. Because of his need to maintain privacy, he lied about him being 22 years old and swore by it..and the lies caused me an immense amount of anxiety and depression which finally led to a wonderful relationship breaking up. I do not see any reason why Arthur's life should be kept in secrecy when each one of you know who is. It is time for the world to know who he is and him to get fame.. I do not wish whatever happened to me happens to another other woman. He fooling around with woman and claiming to be 22 years old is not cool at all.

Thanks,

BearableGal123