BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

2 hours ago, Simoun said:

Hey @BobWay, gonna meet up with @JoelKatz in Austin later this week?  Lol, I suppose it depends on where you are in Texas.  It's been known to be a large state.

I didn't know he was coming. I'll PM him now. I"m not in Austin but driving comes natural to Texans.

@BobWay, I'm sure I speak for all of us in thanking you for coming out and answering so many questions as openly as you have.  I must say that this thread is the best thing that has come about for this community since I have been part of it and I think we all owe you a huge "thanks"!  

With that being said, I do have another question.....  (if you have any knowledge of)

What is the relationship between 402 Tech S.A. with Ripple and/or Ripple Luxembourg S.A?

5 hours ago, rippCurrent said:

I believe this was just a pledge by Chris to donate to rippleworks, but this is an interesting topic considering the enormous amounts of XRP.

Haven't heard a WORD about this in years. I wouldn't assume it's been donated and out of Larsen's control.

7 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Haven't heard a WORD about this in years. I wouldn't assume it's been donated and out of Larsen's control.

I would think this is a decision by whom receives it and probably for good reason. Whoever he is giving this pledge to wouldn't need it until it hits their account, in less than 3 seconds. The price fluctuation may play into it as well?

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, BobWay said:

I"m not in Austin but driving comes natural to Texans.

Imagine how much better drivers they would be if they lived in a good sized state like Queensland...   more than twice the size of Texas.    :P

18 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Imagine how much better drivers they would be if they lived in a good sized state like Queensland...   more than twice the size of Texas.    :P

Eh? QLD drivers are awful though... from my experience :p
Then again, Sydney Taxi drivers make grown men want to cry 

Just now, carpetbelly said:

Eh? QLD drivers are awful though... from my experience :p
Then again, Sydney Taxi drivers make grown men want to cry 

Kiwi living in Sydney for 10 years.

It's taken me 98% of that to adjust to how close everyone follows here.

My Dad's a retired taxi driver back in NZ, hurts my heart seeing how bad that industry is over here because he was just the nicest person in the world as a driver.

Now, Sydney BUS drivers on the other hand :blink:

1 minute ago, Lawsuit said:

Kiwi living in Sydney for 10 years.

It's taken me 98% of that to adjust to how close everyone follows here.

My Dad's a retired taxi driver back in NZ, hurts my heart seeing how bad that industry is over here because he was just the nicest person in the world as a driver.

Now, Sydney BUS drivers on the other hand :blink:

Ahh Pom living in Sydney for like nearly 9yrs now... 
And yep, the distance left between cars leaves a lot to be desired. Plus does people just sitting in the middle lanes on the motorways... haha.
And the amoujnt of times a taxi nearly knocked me off the motorbike>?! I lost count a long time ago...

Hi Bob, this topic thread is a great read. Thank you for your contributions.

I’d love to hear from you on:

1) Is there any weight to the speculation that IMF will hold XRP as an SDR-style asset to regulate liquidity? If you cannot say due to NDAs you could simply respond “Cannot comment” (I understand).

2) Is the IMF one of the parties to whom the escrowed XRP is to be distributed to?

3) When is Cobalt due for release?

4) Can a 30 cent xrp support high volume high amount payment transfers ? If not, what do you anticipate price to have to sit at to facilitate both liquidity and cross-border settlements?

5) Will banks only custody XRP after someone like PSI has a solution to offer?

6)I’m assuming a lot of the 200+ customer banks/fi’s have not connected their ledgers to ILP. When do they go live?

7) On XRP charts the exchange described as Ripple Singapore shows XRP price at US $50 in two instances, this and last year. Similarly Gatehub I think may have settled transactions at a rate of 53,000 JPY. Why is XRP at a significantly lower market price? See photo attached which I took today.

I wish you a speedy recovery. You should check out Tyler and Don Tolman on youtube and even consult them if you are able to. They will be able to guide you.

20EF3903-6A58-4524-B3A9-626B52A1F02A.jpeg

Edited by rocketman241816

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for all information you have shared wtih us so far. I would like to know, if large banks have been involved with Ripple and where they were from i.e. US , Europe, Asia? Are there any banks at the moment that are using XRP or consider using it in the near future? My research says that XRP is currenlty being used during transactions but I keep hearing the narrative from a lot of people who are saying that XRP is not used by anyone.

Many thanks,

V

1 hour ago, vvictory44 said:

My research says that XRP is currenlty being used during transactions but I keep hearing the narrative from a lot of people who are saying that XRP is not used by anyone.

Thus far it seems that only sporadic low volume payments are happening from a very few smallish institutions.  No actual bank other than one small one that is a bit controversial about its actual banking license.

Essentially the race has not yet begun.

Good news folks....   Bob has finished the initial setup of the club and it will open shortly.

Please be courteous to each other and most of all, for fecks sake, just highlight a subset of text and use ‘quote’ button which then becomes available....    :) 

(That’s just my personal hobbyhorse...   that bold bit is just me...  buggered if I know if anyone cares much about that,  but I sure do...   :) )