BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

Posted (edited)

Hi @BobWay,

Thanks for coming here and chatting with us :). As you asked for skeptical questions, here are some :

- When Brad is saying banks won't adopt a coin from Bank A because it's competitor, I believe the same issue exists for Ripple. If Banks adopt XRP and make it a global bridge currency, given how much XRP Ripple owns, it could make of Ripple a threat to them. What do you think of this issue ?

- I know people working in big banks that told me the nostro/vostros business was a revenue source for some of them. What do you think ?

- This has been said before , Ripple's XRP stash is key to help build XRP as a a bridging asset, nevertheless, at one point, distribution would have to be more diverse, how could this be achieved , and in what timeframe (i.e how would XRP be distributed worldwide) ?

- I'm really confident in Ripple vision but I've noticed Brad overhyping stuff this year ( " the 3 biggest payment providers company using XRP in 2018"), and announcing big future ( a bank using XRP in 2018, and dozens in 2019). What do you think of this ?

- Lastly, there is a bit of a chicken and egg question with xRapid : liquidity is required to operate xRapid, but xRapid is supposed to generate some ( and maybe push the price by doing that). How would that happen, what's the " tipping point", according to you :) ?

I hope my questions aren't too skeptical and well formulated, english is not my native language so I did my best.

Thank you !

Edited by bearwoot

@BobWay. Hi Bob. I think I have finally come up with a question worth your time. I hope it hasn't been asked already and if it has I apologise. We saw a big spike in price last September with a 3 day consecutive pamp all starting around 12pm GMT. Was this a test? Did Kiittaaaoooo blink or was it just whales playing?

Regards 

Schumi. 

24 minutes ago, SCHUMIXRP said:

@BobWay. Hi Bob. I think I have finally come up with a question worth your time. I hope it hasn't been asked already and if it has I apologise. We saw a big spike in price last September with a 3 day consecutive pamp all starting around 12pm GMT. Was this a test? Did Kiittaaaoooo blink or was it just whales playing?

Regards 

Schumi. 

His answer, page 10.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JannaOneTrick said:

Lulu > Janna

Slightly more on topic edit:  I've been staying quiet, but now that I'm in here I'd like to thank you Bob for coming in.  With something as potentially huge as Ripple and XRP can be, the more information people can get the better.  Your insight and experiences are great, and I appreciate the effort to come in here and share with us.

Back to off-topic edit:  WTF @JannaOneTrick!  Your avatar is Lux.  I just noticed that.  Cheater!  :D  

Edited by Liagala

On 3/8/2019 at 9:24 AM, BANKXRP said:

Hi @BobWay i feel Canada banks are underestimated by many people. Could you elaborate on how deep they really are. What they are most interested in using or are using. Rewards points come to mind. Does RBC cross border banking run on ripple. Thats actually how i found out about ripple. How about TD cross border banking.

Any information on xPool

Thanks for all your answers.

@BobWay 

56 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

Doesn't entry into a @Tinyaccount club usually require us to win a boxing match with a kangaroo or hazing rituals involving a box jellyfish? :vava: :shock:

Lol :good:,  who knows what he's got lined up , I dread the the thought , knowing his sense of humour it would be as funny as hell ( but not for the participant) :D OOL BTW 

1 hour ago, btemtd said:

he is correct he donated 7b to the unbanked , thats why im lost as to why media keep calling them trillion dollar men 

no, he did not donate 7 billion, he donated a much smaller portion

i think you're getting confused with chris larsen's donation too, but i can't recall off hand who gave away what

either way, totally ridiculous portions

2 minutes ago, BobWay said:

I'm actively working on the club now. 47 pages is too many to expect people to wade through.

I'm going to reply to all of your questions here so please keep asking if you are curious about something.

But I'm going to split or copy your questions into their own thread in the club when I reply.

Thank you!

We really appreciate your time and effort

On 3/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, JoelKatz said:

We certainly would never discourage anyone from using the XRPL's distributed exchange feature! I'm still a bit sad that our strategy lead us in a different direction and that we abandoned the nascent ecosystem we had been building. It was clear that the feature was way ahead of its time and there was no direct path to adoption then.

I talk to Ethan (head of Xpring and pretty much everything at Ripple other than cross-currency payments) frequently about whether there are good use cases for the ledger's decentralized exchange now and whether that's something we can use Xpring to help develop. I have a plan that moves us in that direction that I've been working on and shown to several people inside the company. The problem I keep coming back to is that there isn't quite a great use case that I can see how to move to a product just yet. But getting more minds thinking in that direction might yield results and time has brought the rest of the world in this direction.

The other thing that Arthur and I built into the ledger in the early days is community credit. That is, I think, even further ahead of its time and even harder to see a solid use case for in the near term. I sometimes feel like I work for Twitter in 2000 and I'm trying to explain to everyone that for us to really grow, people need better phones. Of course, there was no Twitter in 2000 -- it was too early. I'm trying to find ways to make it later as quickly as possible.

Hi David, who do you see as the main audience to a DEX? Would this compete with Ripple's customers who are trying to become xRapid Premier Partner's? Or do you see these exchanges building on top of it. Sorry for my ignorance, but what advantages does a DEX provide to the end user, or institution that these centralized exchanges do not already provide, such as low to no fees and trustworthiness. I guess trustworthiness can be debatable, but as time progresses I view these exchanges becoming New Age Banks.

14 hours ago, BobWay said:

I really appreciate you making a new account just to post this. Thank you very much!

Bob, actually I have been here for a little while but only have posted like two times, so it feels new :) but you have definately got me posting regardless.  Thank you, 

1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

no, he did not donate 7 billion, he donated a much smaller portion

i think you're getting confused with chris larsen's donation too, but i can't recall off hand who gave away what

either way, totally ridiculous portions

As far as I remember: the founders got 20 billion: Jed got 9 billion - Arthur got 4 billion - Chris got 7 billion. Jed gave a big number to some charity cause, but as far as I understand: he still has close to 5 billion XRP left (with limited selling agreements). Chris donated most of his 7 billion to a charity and Arthur's stack is also under some selling limitation agreements and/or charities. I maybe wrong or not seeing the whole picture or the view has changed, but as far as my partial visibility goes - that's that. :mail1: