BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

Posted (edited)

@BobWay I sometimes feel a bit like a noob, being a complete outsider, not knowing exactly who-is-who in the Ripple community or being familiar with Ripple's history in detail. I only found out about Ripple some 1.5 years ago and decided to invest for a medium / long term because I was very impressed by the whole concept and felt confident about its future. And I still do.

While I hadn't heard about you before yesterday, I have to tell you how much I appreciate your posts and detailed answers. An insider's view on the Ripple company (that is still a bit of a black box to me) and on market development gives me a better understanding of Ripple in general. Thanks, man! Hope to enjoy many more of your posts.

Edited by DucPeter

Hello Bob, thank you for joining us. After what seems like a long lag of excitement on this chat forum I feel excited again by your generous responses. 

I wonder if you could speak to the geopolitical ramifications of XRP adoption. That is, has Ripple considered this aspect beyond regulation? I know this is a touchy subject and can go in many speculative directions, but it would be interesting to hear any insight at all that you might have. 

Thank you in advance. 

Maybe somewhat unrelated, Bob, but still a serious question: how do you see the near future of PoW developing? Given the whole high energy consuming, centralized-in-mining-pools thing it has going on. 

Posted (edited)

Robert is your aunt's husband.

There's even an Arthur in there somewhere. hilarious. AND twitter post by an a-type personality.

*shudder*

Edited by Vader-DeWelt

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

a significant engineer

On that note...

Bob, what were your actual roles and responsibilities at Ripple? You're credited in https://github.com/ripple/rippled/blob/develop/LICENSE but all I could find were a few documentation commits around ripple.txt files (https://github.com/ripple/rippled/commits?author=BobWay).

35 minutes ago, BobWay said:

One of the things I've been trying to judge is if I should write a book or perhaps start a blog about Ripple, blockchain technology, crypto, money, the future of banking, etc.

A book about Ripple would be really nice! You certainly have the skills for it, and you've been a firsthand witness.