BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

12 hours ago, Lawsuit said:

Whilst 99% of this goes over my head (at least from a financial perspective) I've gotta say it's both a fascinating and rewarding read. 

Chunky answers to chunky questions, but I think what intrigues me most is the motivations of the Bobways and the Joelkatz of this world. 

Whilst one of the major biproducts of any of this pioneering work coming off in the long run is significant (silly) wealth, it seems not to be the driver for those at the heart of it. Let's face it, it is for most of us here, and I don't mean that disrespectfully, just that we are part of the 99.9% of the human race that are driven by greed because, well, we're human.

Reading this lot answering questions and chatting with each other, it feels like those that stand to gain the most from it's success ACTUALLY care the least about the financial benefits. That they're in fact just interested in impactful change and leaving the world a little different to how they found it. Passionate and pioneering nerds. 

Utterly in contrast to how the maximalist crypto world views those associated with XRP / Ripple.

Carry on gentlemen. 

You said exactly what was on my mind.  To hear honest discussions from @JoelKatz about larger societal macro problems strengthens my belief in Ripple/XRP even more.  It helps assuage any mental concerns about the escrow of XRP.  The more I learn about the personal side of the Ripple highers up the more confident I am that it's custody is best in their hands at present.  

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

It does seem that digital money should reduce fraud.

I know this was intended for David, but I couldn't agree more. Back in 2013, I wrote in the Ripple forums that I thought the goal should be to have Ripple payments be seen as "more honest than cash". I used an example analogous to yours.

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I expect Mojaloop has been studying and addressing these issues too.

I wrote some papers for the Mojaloop project and I think you are spot on!

6 hours ago, Cobalt said:

I did a little search regarding the intriguing patented method that you were alluding to in the above post, might it be amongst the following? :)

Actually it's not. I looked to see why and they left my middle initial (D.) off of that particular patent application.

But I don't want to be a **** and cause a huge speculative treasure hunt. So I'll point out two things I've already written somewhere in this thread:

1. The patent has already been issued. (Some of the others in your list are published patent applications)
  2. I've already posted a link to it in this thread.

Think of it as a small focused treasure hunt! ;-)

6 minutes ago, BobWay said:

Actually it's not. I looked to see why and they left my middle initial (D.) off of that particular patent application.

But I don't want to be a **** and cause a huge speculative treasure hunt. So I'll point out two things I've already written somewhere in this thread:

1. The patent has already been issued. (Some of the others in your list are published patent applications)
  2. I've already posted a link to it in this thread.

Think of it as a small focused treasure hunt! ;-)

@BobWay thanks ,

(D‿D) oops I mean (◕‿◕)

@BobWay Good Afternoon Bob. In light of xrptipbot success, what industries would you personally like to see developed beyond tips/payments with the bot model and do you feel bots are easier to pitch, scale, and rollout v. other mechanisms?

7 hours ago, lucky said:

That argument boils down to "democracy is bad, because a majority can pursue bad ideas".

I firmly believe in the wisdom of the crowd, provided the crowd has good access to unbiased information, and are able to discuss facts openly and efficiently. Considering your wall example: various polls I've seen show that a majority thinks the wall is a bad idea. So, I'd like to reverse your argument: not being able to vote on what to spend tax money on leads to walls and wars.

I agree somewhat with that point of view but my wall example was metaphorical and if we consider social welfare, there's probably 90% of a population (those who don't receive welfare) that would vote to discontinue it leaving those who really need it out in the cold, and we could also look at health care, will the healthy vote to spend money on the sick?

I read through the patents, Bob's secret's safe, I can't make s#it of most so my true guess is "Bob Ways Patent"= " Ice-cream measuring and dispensing device "

United States Patent 1498497 ...Free  ice cream, yum! YES! Need my Marvel No Prize(do you guys know what that is?? like if you do, I need 'em!) LOL

Hi @BobWay, firstly thanks for taking the time to answer so many questions. I'm sure everyonre will agree it's been extremely enlightening.

As you may be aware, news of this thread has spread far outside of this forum, and there appears to be a degree of scepticism about your motivations, with some even suggesting that you may be part of a Ripple-led information campaign. 

Im perfectly prepared to accept your information in the spirit it was intended, but can you please clarify whether you still have some sort of official capacity at Ripple? 

Thanks in advance! 

18 hours ago, DividendGamer said:

I like it, but can't help but see the dark side of this concept that seems to be taking place in China with their social score rating system. I think it even shows their debt/credit rating.

Seems a bit "Black Mirror"