BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

8 minutes ago, ecent said:

How can anyone definitively know where XRP is going or what price it will trade at? The entire crypto space is embryonic. 

@JoelKatz, @BobWay, @nikb and others have a vision of where they would like XRP to be in terms of its place and usecase within the financial ecosystem. Will we get there? Hopefully! Kudos to them for working towards achieving their vision. 

Was just typing this exact thing 😀 nevermind.

56 minutes ago, CL20 said:

Hey bob! Thank you for being here.

May I ask whats ripple's opinions on XRP investors? In my perfect opinion, i think that, ripple is bullish on the price of XRP, do they think we deserve to be rewarded because we're taking so much risk buying XRP and increasing liquidity for their ultimate goal?

Is there any terms or talks Ripple have had that talks about protecting investors? (lets not dump x amount of XPR), or something like that.

Thanks in advance.

Seriously?

protecting investors?

are you a SEC guy in disguise?

lol

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c84db9a6e61696c2e

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RubMyXRPs said:

Seriously?

protecting investors?

are you a SEC guy in disguise?

lol

Why would they not talk about protecting XRP investors? if XRP broke critical supports at 0.3 and 0.25, it would be huge blow toward the space.

Lower price = lower liqudity, higher price = higher liquidity, I think it is absolutely in Ripple's concern if XRP's price if it dropped to some critical levels, they need the market for their product to work well.

Edited by CL20

13 minutes ago, CL20 said:

Why would they not talk about protecting XRP investors? if XRP broke critical supports at 0.3 and 0.25, it would be huge blow toward the space.

Lower price = lower liqudity, higher price = higher liquidity, I think it is absolutely in Ripple's concern if XRP's price if it dropped to some critical levels, they need the market for their product to work well.

hint:

ripple doesn’t care about XRP retail investors.

they don’t have to and they never will.

27 minutes ago, CL20 said:

So if you buy a stock and it breaks a support level you're gonna ask the company for a refund? 

On 3/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, dassy23 said:

@BobWay this is gold! Thanks alot

Question: Is it part of  Ripples strategy to start with low value, high volume payments or is it just a byproduct of where the price per XRP is at? Whats the mindset behind that vs targeting high value low volume?  My current understanding is that low value would reduce price slippage at the exchange endpoints(for xrapid)

@BobWay Hi Bob ,  I'm new to this forum but I think your summary of Ripple solutions and XRP offering atomic payments and instant settlement is probably the best I've read sofar in terms of fundamental transformational value for the financial payments sector .

I am a big fan of Ripple and XRP as I feel they have the most integrated approach to solving a problem but i always challenge myself by looking at arguments from the other side .

Some crypto purists - like Bitcoin maximalists for instance  - will argue that many of the banking regulations and compliancy are there to protect the banks and not so much the consumers , and that the sector is ripe for disruption - the Amazon/Uber way ... so the likes of Tim Draper will say why would we still use all these flawed government fiat currencies with banks subject to KYC , AML etc when Alice can just send BTC from Mexico to Bob in the Philippines - just as an example - .

But we all know BTC does not scale . Now looking at the Xrapid transaction that involves sending fiat to XRP to fiat again one can clearly see that XRP is the superior asset in the flow . So you could imagine a future with XRP as a regulated bridge currency where Alice will say , why still all this complexity ? , why don't I just send XRP directly to Bob in the Philippines ??  Or ask my Bank to send XRP directly for me  .  And then it does become a retail  currency . 

I wonder what your take is on this matter . Do you think XRP could evolve from a remittance coin to a remittance/corporate coin and ultimately to a retail coin ? ( I'm thinking 5-10 years out  in this market that nobody can predict :-

Thanks a lot !! 

6 hours ago, JoelKatz said:

I think that any technology can be used for good or evil. Obviously, I would hate to see social credit develop in that direction.

I was definitely one of those people who believed that the Internet would inherently democratize the spread of information. Until a few years ago, i was thrilled with the idea that anyone could publish a web page or start a blog and get a huge following if people wanted to hear what they had to say. Seeing the gatekeepers of information lose their power was a wonderful thing. As you all know, in the past decade or so, new gatekeepers emerged with a small number of companies not only having huge control over what information can and cannot be easily shared but also having a revenue model based on gathering massive amounts of information that it has become impractical to keep private.

I'd hate to repeat this pattern with the democratizing of the flow of funds and hope we can correct this with the flow of information over the next decade or so.

It is impressive that you address these questions openly.  @JoelKatz  Digital money is going to happen and we cannot resist the flow of history, so it is very good to hear that the management of Ripple are serious about trying to steer the adoption in directions that enhance the humanitarian benefits and suppress opportunities for malpractice. 

One benefit of digital mobile currency is that money can go directly to the intended receiver without being handled by fraudulent middle management.  I imagine this will make aid programs hugely more efficient.   The wonderful example being the payment some years ago of the Afghan police force who reported their wages appeared to go up after the payments began to be made using M-pesa.  Trying to look up the link to this story I came across this paper Promises and Pitfalls of Mobile Money in Afghanistan:Evidence from a Randomized Control Trial.  I have only read the conclusions so far (I am in a hurry to catch an appointment) which are equivocal and say the main beneficiaries were the efficiency savings for management not the employees. http://www.jblumenstock.com/files/papers/jblumenstock_ictd2015.pdf

It does seem that digital money should reduce fraud.  I expect Mojaloop has been studying and addressing these issues too.

image.thumb.png.a6e748ff38252fdd2db46ea4915a6cff.png

Awesome read Bob and spawns a bunch of other trails to go down...  I’d heard about the early “Ripple is a Scam” paid post deal but didn’t realise it was such a big amount (to throw away your decency and credibility) and post that crap.  $550.  Wow.  Just wow.

Your end point is very thought provoking.  Thanks so much for being bold and honest and complete in your message Bob.

7 hours ago, Trickery said:

Voting on what to spend tax money on is a bad idea imo, you'll end up with walls.

That argument boils down to "democracy is bad, because a majority can pursue bad ideas".

I firmly believe in the wisdom of the crowd, provided the crowd has good access to unbiased information, and are able to discuss facts openly and efficiently. Considering your wall example: various polls I've seen show that a majority thinks the wall is a bad idea. So, I'd like to reverse your argument: not being able to vote on what to spend tax money on leads to walls and wars.

1 hour ago, BobWay said:

Now I don't speak for the company so I can't say if they'll ever deploy the system. I can't say they won't either. But I can say that I know at least one method exists that defies the above conventional wisdom.

What a cliffhanger! I'd pay at least three XRP to access the next episode of Hi! I'm Bob!