BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

2 hours ago, BehindtheLedger said:

Point taken - a better wording would have been ‘financial institutions who have strict privacy requirements’

Are / were confidential transactions on the drawing board at Ripple (for the xrpl), or is it too risky or out of step with the open ledger concept?

They can just build another layer of the ledger to off book privately.

Good afternoon, Mr. Way.

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Ripple and your thoughts on a number of related topics. Your responses make for a very interesting read.

I have a question, which I do not believe has been asked in these terms. If it has and I missed it, please just say so and I will try to find it here.  My question relates to value and price, but it is not of the sort that wonders how high XRP may potentially go, something nobody knows.

What I would like to hear is your opinion as to 1) what goes into XRP price formation, 2) whether  you think XRP's current price accurately and fairly reflects the state of play as to value (recognition of Ripple's work to date, actual degree of adoption, etc.) and, if price and value are instead far apart,  3) what factors and parties, if any, may be involved in distorting price, and is this situation likely to continue?

You mentioned that the perception and expectation of future utility is an important driver, but I am hoping you can expand on this topic per the above.

Thank you in advance, and thanks again for sharing.

1 hour ago, VanGogh said:

Bob, what is really great about this thread, indeed about you spending your valuable time here sharing your knowledge, experience and wisdom from being "inside the big show" is that you don't owe any of us a thing. Nor does Ripple—not a peep!

It's so reassuring to realize that Ripple and separately XRP are the real deal. Most here already assumed that with as much research as we could get our hands on, but this is more than any of us deserve. THANK YOU!

wake up applause GIF by Originals

Well said ! 

10 minutes ago, BobWay said:

@Tinyaccount has set up a new club so that we can keep all these topics a bit more structured and easer for everyone to follow. I'm going to spend a little while figuring out how clubs works and setting up a few default threads.

But rest assured we'll make the club completely public shortly. There won't be any "early admittance" between now and then.

So if I haven't responded to you yet here, I'm just wrapping my head around the new diggs. I'll try to follow up on everything else shortly

Fantastic news , your in great hands , @Tinyaccount very much appreciated 

28 minutes ago, BobWay said:

@Tinyaccount has set up a new club so that we can keep all these topics a bit more structured and easer for everyone to follow. I'm going to spend a little while figuring out how clubs works and setting up a few default threads.

But rest assured we'll make the club completely public shortly. There won't be any "early admittance" between now and then.

So if I haven't responded to you yet here, I'm just wrapping my head around the new diggs. I'll try to follow up on everything else shortly.

I know what the first rule of ‘Bob Club’ is.....

1 minute ago, TheHoff said:

Thanks for digging deeper into this. Well, i have read it 3 times and get a glimpse of what you want to say. Let me read it again a few times....Jesus. That clears up a lot and makes the whole process more dynamic than I thought. 

Just realized I could only have a job as a driver at ripple. 

Sorry, It's not the clearest thing I've ever read. But like the girl in the picture, I'm used to talking with my hands and drawing on a whiteboard. I'm handicapped by text.

Always willing to continue the conversation until you feel like you are grounded.