BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

7 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

The other thing that Arthur and I built into the ledger in the early days is community credit. That is, I think, even further ahead of its time and even harder to see a solid use case for in the near term. I sometimes feel like I work for Twitter in 2000 and I'm trying to explain to everyone that for us to really grow, people need better phones. Of course, there was no Twitter in 2000 -- it was too early. I'm trying to find ways to make it later as quickly as possible.

The asymmetry of the future and how its reflected in use-case-potential is interesting. I'd stream XRP payments to read more about that. 

35 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

We certainly would never discourage anyone from using the XRPL's distributed exchange feature! I'm still a bit sad that our strategy lead us in a different direction and that we abandoned the nascent ecosystem we had been building. It was clear that the feature was way ahead of its time and there was no direct path to adoption then.

The xrpl dex is, in my opinion, a waaay underhyped feature of the ledger! David, do you feel that confidential transactions would be required for banks to use it? And if so, does that cause concerns about regulations and/or the open nature of the ledger as it stands? 

@BobWay can you speak at all to the validity of this thread where this person claims to be an insider from BofA and says something along the lines of them having an exclusive agreement using Ripple? 

Who do you think will be the first major bank to use XRP (I’ve always assumed it’d be BofA due to their close albeit quiet relationship with Ripple)? 

Also since were getting speculation out of the way and David @JoelKatz is in the house, is there any reason Uber/Amazon/AirBNB are always referenced in Ripple presentations? I could see them hugely benefiting from Ripple technology due to constantly paying out in a variety of currencies (xVia comes to mind). Are they interested?

Again thank you for taking the time to interact with us and provide these insightful responses!

2 minutes ago, Ryyy20 said:

@BobWay can you speak at all to the validity of this thread where this person claims to be an insider from BofA and says something along the lines of them having an exclusive agreement using Ripple? 

Who do you think will be the first major bank to use XRP (I’ve always assumed it’d be BofA due to their close albeit quiet relationship with Ripple)? 

Also since were getting speculation out of the way and David @JoelKatz is in the house, is there any reason Uber/Amazon/AirBNB are always referenced in Ripple presentations? I could see them hugely benefiting from Ripple technology due to constantly paying out in a variety of currencies (xVia comes to mind). Are they interested?

Again thank you for taking the time to interact with us and provide these insightful responses!

GREAT TOPIC. WORTHY IF ITS OWN CHAPTER IN ‘THE BOOK OF BOB’. 

Because if there is an exclusivity agreement with BoA, it explains Visa and Mastercard’s Battle for Earthport. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BobWay said:

One of the things that leads to many misconception is using surprisingly broad terms like "banks".

It turns out that large, medium size and small banks are remarkably different. Also this scale differs dramatically based on country. So a strategically important (large) bank in one country, might be considered a small bank when they go looking for a correspondent banking relationship. These differences dramatically effect their opinions on rippled's public ledger.

Point taken - a better wording would have been ‘financial institutions who have strict privacy requirements’

Are / were confidential transactions on the drawing board at Ripple (for the xrpl), or is it too risky or out of step with the open ledger concept?

Edited by BehindtheLedger