Hi! I'm Bob

BobWay

Hi @BobWay

A lot of respect for giving us this precious feedback, thank you sir! :big_boss:

I would like to know what your perspective is for the upcoming markets, just to know your opinion.

My question:
Everybody is talking about the fact that institutions will somehow (in the near future) invest in this cryptospace.
If that's the case, do you think we will get another "dotcom bubble" before real adoption takes place?

Thank you & enjoy the weekend.

29 minutes ago, BobWay said:

If Dr. Wright is saying that he'll use his patents to squash the crypto or blockchain ecosystem, I would call ******** on that. IBM is in this space and I understand their portfolio is monumental. They could bury him in challenges for the rest of his life. If he is using them to build his own credibility with investors, good for him.

I'd like to already nominate this one for the paragraph of the year award. Thank you for sharing your views on patents in this space, immensely appreciated. Cheers to Alice!

10 hours ago, CurrencyGuy said:

@BobWay

Hi Bob.  Thanks for this great thread and insightful ponderings.

There remains just one more set of questions which, if answered correctly, will prove your worth and true identity.  It is called the Binary Musical Triskelion Verification or BMTV and is listed below.

1) Beatles or Stones

2) Page or Van Halen

3) Mariah or Whitney

Good luck!

I just can't pass this up.  I know it is not for me and I just got up but I have to acknowledge, my order Beatles, Page then Mariah.  

Bob, do Ripple see Stellar as a direct threat?

Is there concern of stellars IBM partnership, as IBM has such a vast network of already built partnerships in the corporate world.

Also thanks for your contributions great to have your insight!

Edited by bontai

6 hours ago, XRPBooboo said:

as a complete technophobe and newbie to crypto (but as someone who’s been in financial services for over 30 years) THANK YOU! You are helping a very confused non tech mind understand some of the other aspects of Ripple and XRP. I see the potential from the institutional investor side of things and understand the cross border take over from Swift but you’ve comprehensively explained how much more potential it has.. and given me a couple of laughs - really?  a SHOE? 🤣🤣 

Thank you very much @XRPBooboo! I'd really like to hear more about your experiences in financial services. You are exactly the type of person I'd like to help clarify Ripple for. There are different ways to help promote Ripple to financial services folks. There is the straightforward way that Ripple (the company) employees. "Let's go knock on their door and talk to them!" Then there is the stochastic method that we all here will be employing. "If I make the vision clear and compelling to the 22,000 members of this forum, Y'all will collectively tell your 220,000 banker and financial system friends a clear and and compelling vision. They'll tell their 22,000 bosses the vision (10 times collectively :biggrin:) who will get sick of hearing about Ripple internally. So those 22,000 bosses with then call John Mitchell or Marcus Treacher and ask them to show up in person.

That is my subversive secret plan!

Swift is really interesting isn't it. I have a great story to tell in that regard.

By the way, glad you liked the shoe! I was laughing while I did it. For those who don't know that's a bit of a 4Chan meme.

Hi @BobWay,

Thank you, this thread is one of the best I've read here, together with some from David and Nik's

I hope these posts will be the start of a future book, my suggestion for the title "From Bob to Alice"

Maybe you could give more details about Ripple's pivot from the XRPL Gateway approach to the Xrapid one, was it a sudden decision? who? when? Why?

About why, you've mentioned privacy, scalability and compliance as the main reasons. Based on that, do you think, once we get more clear regulations and Xrapid starts to grow, we could see a return to the previous model?, could both models develop together?

In a recent video from Ripple, David mentioned that they will focus on reviving the use of the DEX, it could be a sign of a more direct use of XRPL by institutions, or maybe something they will pursue through Xpring

All the best,

42 minutes ago, BobWay said:

I agree.

Beatles, Van Halen, Whitney

Those are some pretty tough choices though. The Stones are awesome. Page is fantastic. Mariah has her moments as does Whitney.

Right!  Page / VH was about 50/50 with a slight nod to VH.  Bob is good to go!  :)

24 minutes ago, Odiseo said:

Maybe you could give more details about Ripple's pivot from the XRPL Gateway approach to the Xrapid one, was it a sudden decision? who? when? Why?

About why, you've mentioned privacy, scalability and compliance as the main reasons. Based on that, do you think, once we get more clear regulations and Xrapid starts to grow, we could see a return to the previous model?, could both models develop together?

In a recent video from Ripple, David mentioned that they will focus on reviving the use of the DEX, it could be a sign of a more direct use of XRPL by institutions, or maybe something they will pursue through Xpring

Actually there was a pretty long time between the Gateway approach and the beginning of the xRapid product. I'll talk about the time line in a future thread. I'm working to have a "Book Club" set up where we can define key topics and discuss them in coherent threads. Certainly a good timeline should be one of them.

I'll talk specifically about the gateway approach Ripple tried, what else Ripple did in parallel (lots of things go on in parallel). There was also a path that Ripple didn't take that I think did and still does have potential. There is no reason that both models (on ledger gateways & off ledger banks) can develop at the same time. Developing on ledger gateways requires ZERO permission or support from Ripple the company.

Could you link me the video of David discussing this? I know he is a huge fan of the internal marketplace (since he invented it). Now that he is CTO he's in the position to revisit it again. I'll watch the video and add my impressions.