BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

2 minutes ago, TheHoff said:

Except from the Zerpening 3. From the outside it looks like a normal club, from the inside it’s more like a psychiatry. 12500 pages of pure madness. Mods are like dogs to keep the herd in shape, members are immensely educated, many things cannot be unseen. But, we have gifs, girls and rockets!

Stay away if you want have a life. #iamaprisonerhelpme

6xA-zF.gif.ed86075224a21d59050369370005279e.gif

11 hours ago, xrp-pat said:

I find quote hilarious that people are questioning whether Bob is real or an impostor.

If one that you refer to was me,  then perhaps you misread my post.  I said I was already sure it was him but didn’t want to fight fud later with accusations we were duped.  It’s a simple thing to prove using the ledger which he easily did.  Nik was icing on the cake.  If all of that was hilarious then I think I’ve finally found someone with as nutty a sense of humour as mine...   :) 

8 hours ago, BobWay said:

I'll send some a couple GDW to anyone who read back through this thread and finds all the places where if said, "That could use it own thread!" Seems like there where quite a few candidates for the new club.

I found these subjects for the club, let's call it Bobs Book:

• The second major advantage of Ripple over other cryptocurrency teams (first one being the rebalancing problem)
  • What makes multi-party atomic payments so important to the future of money
  • What makes instant settlement so important to the future of money 
  • Codius
  • XRP distribution
  • Internal exchange on Ripple's ledger
  • The future of PoW

Might have missed a few, so everyone is welcome to add to this list.

1 hour ago, Benchmark said:

I found these subjects for the club, let's call it Bobs Book:

• The second major advantage of Ripple over other cryptocurrency teams (first one being the rebalancing problem)
  • What makes multi-party atomic payments so important to the future of money
  • What makes instant settlement so important to the future of money 
  • Codius
  • XRP distribution
  • Internal exchange on Ripple's ledger
  • The future of PoW

Might have missed a few, so everyone is welcome to add to this list.

Hi Bob! Thank you so much for being here! I followed your old blog a long time ago elsewhere. You’re a legend

I’d like to suggest please an additional ‘subject’ which is ‘Ripple People’, past and present. Your personal reminiscences of your colleagues and what makes them tick. You’ve already given us such amazing insights into some Ripple people with a few great chosen words and memories and I would love more of this please. Many thanks indeed for all your words here 🖖

On 3/8/2019 at 2:14 AM, BobWay said:

The second reason the community hears less from the company now than in the early days, is (in my opinion) that the company isn't sure what they'd like you to do.

Hi Bob!  Thanks very much for your presence.  A lot of information imparted already in this wonderful discussion   I hope every major banker around the world reads this honest back and forth.  They may learn something...

There still seems to be severely murky areas in the discussion of the (possible) value of an XRP, which I suppose eventually can be cast off in another thread as others have suggested.

But for now can you clarify the statement above?  Why is Ripple not sure what they'd like "us" to do regards the buying and selling of XRP?  What exactly does that mean?  Does this statement connect to your other comments that this is a primarily speculative and not utility driven market?      

I hope you're enjoying this as much as I have been.  I appreciate your candid responses.

(I would say a blog not a book as it may reach more people).  Best to you!

Posted (edited)

Hi @BobWay and a warm welcome to the Chat. Nowadays I mostly lurk in here, but used to be one of those "crazy" guys in the Zerpening Club as a Moderator. More active in CSCChat right now.
I will read through this thread today and suck in as much of your writing as possible. I have 2 questions.

1. Are you here as an Ripple ambassador in disguise, or for private reasons?
2. What projects are you active in now, and is it something you would like to share with us?

Yours Truly

Zenkert

Edited by zenkert

1 minute ago, zenkert said:

Hi @BobWay and a warm welcome to the Chat. Nowaday I mostly lurk in here but used to be one of those "crazy" guys in the Zerpening Club as a Moderator.
I will read through this thread today and suck in as much of your writing as possible. I have 3 questions.

1. Are you here as an Ripple ambassador in disguise, or for private reasons?
2. What projects are you active in, and is it something you would like to share with us?

Yours Truly

Zenkert

Just wanted to say hello mate :)

Hello and nice to meet you.

I'm not sure if you're qualified to answer this question and it's probably stupid...but anyways. 

Do you know a way to determine the xRapid volume? There is a buzz to see how big of an impact xRapid transaction have.

If you're the wrong person to ask, apologies for the inconvenience and have a nice weekend.

Hi Bob, I normally stay in the background these days, but have to say really enjoying your contributions.

Has there ever been a successful hack on the XRPL that has not been made public? Just thinking of the recent  SBI VC situation with a DDOS and the consequential delay with trading, which has been made public.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BobWay said:

I find this interesting especially the fourth point b) and somewhat fun :D I bolded it.

4) The desirability of possessing XRP from a speculative point of view DOES put pressure on XRP pricing. However, as far as I can tell there are only two reasons for a speculator to see value in possessing XRP.
a) He thinks he can out compete OpenCoin at "market making" for fiat/fiat currency conversions.
b) He sees himself as the lesser fool holding XRP waiting for the greater fools to arrive.

Any comments @BobWay ?

Edited by zenkert

On 3/8/2019 at 1:22 AM, BobWay said:

As the amount of available Pesos is consumed, the demand drives up the price for the rest. This is typical market behavior. But in a small contained system one way flows can completely deplete the delivery currency from the exchange. This stops the payment flow completely.

Thanks, Bob, for this! You are the first Ripple or exRipple to respond honestly about rebalancing problem. Conceptually Ripple itself hasn't gone that far away from nostro-vostro-intro-outtro accounts, that they seemingly want to free-up. What is their ultimate solution, if there is any known to you? Thanks!