BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

Do you have a recommended reading list?  Non-fiction related to what is behind the tech, legal, and economic elements of DLT - and any other prerequisites.  You mentioned you learned a lot from others at Ripple, please include their libraries too!  Many of your posts illustrate how legally cautious Ripple has been.  So many other successful tech companies ask for forgiveness rather than permission, but when money is involved there isn't room for error.  looking forward to your response, or a future recommended reading blog post 

13 minutes ago, Truckdriver said:

did you think about starting a open club with different subject topics ? 

LOL! I agree. His first post saying’Hi! I’m Bob’ has covered a lot of ground. The questions are coming to him fast and furious. I guess it’ll happen once this thread dies down. 

7 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

LOL! I agree. His first post saying’Hi! I’m Bob’ has covered a lot of ground. The questions are coming to him fast and furious. I guess it’ll happen once this thread dies down. 

Gotta agree.  I don't believe this thread will die down.  Thats why the club suggestion is a good idea.  To get all of Bobs posts indexed under topics for future readings.  

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

It might just do that. My thoughts are just about putting some structure for ease of reference,  Also as word gets out more and more members will join as you can see already,  I thought it would just make easier for all . Plus I don't want RSI in my finger from scrolling :D

Edited by Truckdriver

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BobWay said:

@brotherblades questions:

I want to be clear in saying, I am holding XRP as a speculative investment. I also have identified two distinct upward price pressures on XRP as it becomes a successful bridge currency. Speculation in this case would be a third (likely correlated) reason through human nature, but I don't see a direct mathematical causation.

I've moderated that view based on some fairly deep personal analysis. As I said above, I'm now betting XRP will appreciate as it becomes a viable bridge currency.

Let's talk about what's changed. (Trigger warning) I might say some things that seem scary. It will all work out in the end.

I am one of the few people who wanted to work with Ripple and for OpenCoin DESPITE XRP. I'd grown up with the bitcoin community and I wasn't a fan of the needlessly scarcity currency model. There are lots of reasons why. If you really want to dig in, you can read what I wrote on bitcointalk. There I ran the first pseudo-group discussing stable coins.

So what did I like about Ripple if not XRP?  Well, everything else.  Creating your own currencies, creating your own accounting relationships, atomic multi-party payments, the distributed exchange. In a nutshell, the way the whole system fits together strikes me as created by gods own hand. It was and still is the most beautiful system I've ever seen. And to my mind at the time, XRP was a tool to help the system function. Not the primary reason for its existence.

-----

More to come, but I need to step away for a few...

Thanks for the clarification,  Bob! The information you've provided is phenomenal. 

Given your intricate understanding of Ripple and XRP, I would be most curious to learn about what you think XRP could/should achieve in terms of price if Ripple is successful with their goals over the next 1-5 years. I understand this is impossible to know for certain; but it seems like there are a herd of people who are certain that $500 is attainable with utility and regulation, and the other group of people who don't see XRP going past $50 any time before 2030.

I ask as someone who has been following Ripple and XRP closely for a year and a half now, and someone who is learning about the tech and benefits it's going to have on the underserved. I am also someone that has put a lot of my hard earned money into this, and is perplexed as to how a crypto like ETH can make a run up to $1400 in less than a year, yet many people believe similar price action isn't possible for XRP (even given the 200+ partnerships and global usage beginning to occur). 

I'm in no way asking "when 589?" - I would just love expert level insight into any expectations one could have moving forward. As a retail investor (speculator), is my hard earned money best placed on a bridge asset like XRP? Or will the need for the price to be "stable" potentially negatively affect any outsized gains that would occur otherwise?

I appreciate any insight you can provide on this!

Edited by XRPboi

On 3/6/2019 at 11:23 PM, lucky said:

I'd love to hear more about this, but I would also love to see this "Hi! I'm Bob" topic grow a thousand pages long... It's a also a great title for your book!

Brilliant title for your upcoming book Bob ! 😉

1 hour ago, Truckdriver said:

This thread just gets better and better , @BobWay did you think about starting a open club with different subject topics ? That way people do not have to scroll through what will become hundreds of pages and also you won't be asked the same question a hundred times.  This is a great opportunity to have a strong foundation of knowledge as a source for reference for the future members as well as us. 

Actually, I've never been on a forum that has clubs. I looked over a couple last night and they seem like mini forums. Do I understand that correctly?

I'm very much in favor of finding a way to organize this into a bunch of separate threads. If a club seems like the right bit of tech to do that, then I'm 100% in favor of doing so. Who can help get that started?

4 hours ago, BobWay said:
On 3/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, Jockoz said:

There has been some growing frustration within the community at the perceived lack of information coming from ripple in regards to developments etc.  Is your presence on here a cunning ploy by the folks at ripple to be able to open up and interact with the community through as ex employee?😉

Maybe its my cunning ploy to kick the company in the ass a little and encourage them to pay more attention to the community! ;)

Bob thanks for the reply much appreciated.  Everyone needs a kick up the arse once in a while.

Your timing was impeccable. There were a lot of people who were crying out for factual ******** free information.  

6 hours ago, BobWay said:

Just to give as well as I get...

Anyone can accumulate fat stacks of XRP. But can you accumulate THIS!

1439871675_RippleSwag.png.0a44044fbe680382d18d515df0e3c739.png

If you look closely at the two pictures, you notice that I'm wearing the original Ripple t-shirt from 2013.

That's impressive.  Wanna trade with my last year's AWS swag? ;)

aws.png

1 hour ago, SgtPeppers said:

Gotta agree.  I don't believe this thread will die down.  Thats why the club suggestion is a good idea.  To get all of Bobs posts indexed under topics for future readings.  

22 minutes ago, BobWay said:

Actually, I've never been on a forum that has clubs. I looked over a couple last night and they seem like mini forums. Do I understand that correctly?

I'm very much in favor of finding a way to organize this into a bunch of separate threads. If a club seems like the right bit of tech to do that, then I'm 100% in favor of doing so. Who can help get that started?

Let's call it the Bearableguy123 Club! ha ha!