BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

On 3/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, BobWay said:

I'm know for talking too much and also for being annoyingly honest about the details. ;-)

Hello Bob, and welcome! :D Please don't worry about talking too much, we are always thirsty for details :drinks:

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, BobWay said:

Yeah, I knew that was coming. I just thought the shoe on head thing was funnier!

The only reason I haven't is that I don't keep my secrets on this computer. I need to go dig them out of cold storage. 

In the meantime, anyone is free to check out my blog at http:/bob-way.com. I listed it in my profile. If you are an admin here you'll see that I used an email address at that domain to validate my account here.

Also, does anyone here use KeyBase? I've be thinking about "owing" all my social media accounts using KeyBase cryptographic validations.

And if none of those are sufficient, @JoelKatz or @nikb would know these posts are unmistakably me. Step up guys!

Bob. You're on Twitter so it seems https://twitter.com/bob_way ....
Maybe you can tweet a link to this topic ? 

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30588-hi-im-bob/

Edited by kanaas

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, BobWay said:

I just thought the shoe on head thing was funnier!

How about holding a sign with the hash of a very recent ledger on it instead of a shoe? There's precedent for this method too... https://www.coindesk.com/proof-life-vitalik-buterin-uses-ethereum-blockchain-disprove-death-hoax

Edit: https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/transactions/4E1D594E045A92CBFDB6BC1698D3AD50F939B51D4DA0B6F1FD3F34D3CF2D7482

Perfect, nice choice of client too! ;-)
Welcome back, Bob.

Edited by Sukrim

Hi @BobWay!

First and foremost, welcome!  I know you have a lot of other interesting questions to answer, but if you have time I'd like to understand the following:

Do you believe mass liquidity/mass adoption of XRP (if only for market making) can be achieved in the current regulatory landscape?  Or is the current regulatory environment still a hurdle/anchor that needs to be addressed before mass liquidity/adoption can take place?

Thank you again for your time and insight.

3 hours ago, brotherblades said:

Hi Bob! Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge on this forum.

I was looking through some posts on the ripple forum and came across this comment by you (https://forum.ripple.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2814&start=10) and have a question.

"I've expressed my views in other threads that I don't believe is speculating on XRP. At least not in the sense that BitCoin speculators and market traders us that word. XRP does not have the same market dynamics as BTC. 

1) XRP's only innate values relate to its use in funding reserves. (account, trust line, offer, and contract) And in paying minuscule transaction fees. Since reserves and fees can NEVER be allowed to price new adopters out of the Ripple system, that puts an upper bound on the value of XRP for those uses.

2) BitCoiners believe that as long as the demand to use BitCoin (<-- the system) keeps increasing, the price of BTC (<-- the currency) will keep increasing. That is a logical statement when it comes to the BitCoin world. However, that logic doesn't apply at all to Ripple (<-- the system). There is an unlimited supple of an unbounded number of different currencies. Since you can hold any currency and make payments in any other currency, no currency (including XRP) has transactional advantages over any other. So as the Ripple System economy increases that puts no upward pressure on the price of XRP.

3) XRP has a use as an intermediate currency when trading between two other currencies. XRP is not required for trading between two other currencies. But, it can hold the O(n^2) market combinatorial explosion to a O(2n) linear increase. But even if you presume that XRP as intermediate currency will become the norm. Each pair of currency exchanges USD/XRP then XRP/EUR buys and sell exactly the same number of XRP. So increases in fiat/fiat exchange volume puts no upward pressure on the price of XRP.

4) The desirability of possessing XRP from a speculative point of view DOES put pressure on XRP pricing. However, as far as I can tell there are only two reasons for a speculator to see value in possessing XRP.
a) He thinks he can out compete OpenCoin at "market making" for fiat/fiat currency conversions.
b) He sees himself as the lesser fool holding XRP waiting for the greater fools to arrive.

a) seems fool hearty considering OpenCoin has billions of XRP that they made for free.
b) is an emergent self created pyramid scheme.

For the life of me I don't see any other factors that can put upward pressure on XRP's price. If you see another reason to desire possessing XRP please post it here. If not which of the above do you see as having been the cause of XRPs recent price increases?"

At this point do you see any reason to hold XRP in terms of a speculative investment? Are you aware of any means by which XRP price should appreciate apart from speculation?

Many people are of the opinion that XRapid should increase the price of XRP. It seems that you are not of that opinion. would love to hear your thoughts on this given your experience and time with the company.

Thanks! 

My curiosity has been peaked by this one. Clarification would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thank you Bob. Alex Cobb spoke highly of you in livestream today. In return I became an XRP Chat member my self just today!!  It’s been very refreshing listening to your knowledge. I believe You are exactly what the XRP community needed, especially at a time of so much speculation and FUD. Thank you for jumping in the mix!!  Quite excited for All XRP Hodlers!!  Exciting Times!!  

Posted (edited)

just to echo the welcomes, an additional warm hello @BobWay from me :) & glad to hear you're on the mend from whatever shyte life threw at you previously. Don't let our dumb asses ever drag you down but while you can put up with us then I can again echo how good it is to read such insights from a previous insider.

Back to the questions already asked (kinda) & feel free to ignore if that's deliberate but can you confirm any big brands which aren't under any NDA but which are/were very much pressing go or wip with ripple? We love a good Amazon, IMF or even google (who obviously are invested in ripple already but no use ever mentioned) rumour when such names gets put in ripple slides or comms.

Or any stories you fancy sharing about the early days or funny stuff, if you are avoiding any opinions abouts he who cannot be named on here (Jed, Si shaves tongue)

Thanks again.

Peace:victory:

Edited by scoobysi

On 3/6/2019 at 2:22 PM, BobWay said:

I did a lot of analytic work on "XRP as a bridge currency" as I mentioned in a previous post on this tread. I found two distinct upward pressures. 1) new traders buying XRP to enter the market and compete as a market maker. 2) people holding XRP to reduce their international payment cost. (the 1/2 fee argument from above)

Vijay and Miguel from Ripple's trading team in New York however created a lot of detailed trading models and simulations. It wasn't that they were trying to create upward pressure on XRP's price, more so that they we trying to understand what actions might but unnecessary downward pressure on price. Of course, so no one would accidentally make those mistakes.

Thank you cmbartley and everyone else as well!

Actually you all are!  

One of the things I've been trying to judge is if I should write a book or perhaps start a blog about Ripple, blockchain technology, crypto, money, the future of banking, etc.

Does anyone feel something like that would be useful?

Absolutely