BobWay

Hi! I'm Bob

21 hours ago, buckor said:

@BobWay**Edit** that offer for the XRP Community blog stands...message me if you're interested.

Thanks, I replied to your PM.

21 hours ago, Howie said:

Here’s my question- back in September 2018, we had 3-4 days where, like clockwork, XRP saw relatively large price increases for a few hours from 12:00GMT.

I have no specific knowledge. Was the volume on ledger in the external markets. If it was on ledger you might ask @nikb if he'll have someone look it up.

28 minutes ago, brotherblades said:

For the life of me I don't see any other factors that can put upward pressure on XRP's price. If you see another reason to desire possessing XRP please post it here. If not which of the above do you see as having been the cause of XRPs recent price increases?"

At this point do you see any reason to hold XRP in terms of a speculative investment? Are you aware of any means by which XRP price should appreciate apart from speculation?

Many people are of the opinion that XRapid should increase the price of XRP. It seems that you are not of that opinion. would love to hear your thoughts on this given your experience and time with the company.

Thanks! 

I second this question ^

21 hours ago, Boncryp said:

Nice to have you around in forum. Would be nice to know about your experiences with Ripple, the time you where with them.

👍🏻

I'm sure you'll get sick of hearing my stories after a while! I love to tell stories.

20 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

Ha, that's actually a neat little factoid. 

You've probably already seen the Codius section I imagine:
https://www.xrpchat.com/forum/87-codius-and-smart-contracts/ 

Yup! I'll get there if I can every get caught up on this thread.

19 hours ago, mandelbaum said:
  • - We do not seem to see other figures in the blockchain/crypto world on stage with figures like Ross Leckow, Deputy General Counsel of the IMF.
  • - We see some board members of Ripple who have connections to some of the most powerful and influential people on the planet.
  • - We see former higher ups in the SWIFT ecosystem on stage and on conferences now representing Ripple the company.

No need to answer anything in detail on this topic, but there is something really special going on here, right?

I think the Ripple team has been doing a great job touting the benefits of both XRP and "rippling" payments. What I think you are reacting to is, yes, it seems to me that the financial world is really starting to internalize the message and increase their momentum. At least that is how I interpret the news.

19 hours ago, XRP-JAG said:

I’ve been puzzled by some sporadic JPY transactions this year, at a much higher than market price of XRP.

I'd need to know the txIDs before I could even begin to speculate.

@BobWay Hi Bob, thank you for your work. Do you feel Coil/ILP alternative use case adoption (gaming, web monetiziation, etc.) with XRP as the bridge asset would coincide with xRapid adoption this year, and if so does that mean the Internet of Value emerges in 2019 being the 'super-catalyst' for a bull market return?

1 hour ago, BobWay said:

Just to give as well as I get...

Anyone can accumulate fat stacks of XRP. But can you accumulate THIS!

1439871675_RippleSwag.png.0a44044fbe680382d18d515df0e3c739.png

If you look closely at the two pictures, you notice that I'm wearing the original Ripple t-shirt from 2013.

I've got to get my two drops in.  Welcome.  He already has over 1,000 rep points with only 56 points.  You will be platinum in no time.  Much higher than some of our muppets here.  Ha Ha.  Again welcome and thanks for all your posts.  

19 hours ago, RareData said:

I'm doing what I can to change this, starting with implementing full XRP support together with Secalot (open-source software and hardware) and then going for Ledger/Trezor/others.

Do you have any additional thoughts on XRP hardware wallet support?

I really encourage you to continue with this project. I look forward to hearing more about it and using it.

Personally, I'd like to see a really good consumer level XRP ledger client. One which supports all of rippled's features (as you've checked them off). Whether or not there needs to be a hardware component, I see as being very dependent on the use case.

1. If you are going to run a bank on XRPL or xCurrent, your implementation is going to need to do a high volume of automated transaction signing. This means you need to keep your secret/private key online and at the ready. If that secret protects millions of dollars worth of value, then the hardware needs to be quite substantial and it needs to be designed to defend itself from INTERNAL as well as external threats. Many HSMs (hardware security modules) have internal power and self-destruct mechanisms if their case is breached. (They literally "let the smoke out" of the chips.)

2. If you are an XRP market maker, you also need your secret online and ready at all times. However you might have less money at risk and fewer internal threats to guard against.

3. If you are an XRP hodler who is just waiting and watching but not trading or sending payments, then a great client is required but the HSM might be optional. Most monitoring can be done by keeping the address on the device but not the secret. (of course you know that). I might building trusted computing or secure zone features into my implementation for the rare times signing is needed.

4. However, and this is the most important case to me, if you are going to use the XRPL daily to make and receive payment and establish social credit (trust lines), then you are going to need everything you've detailed.

I look forward to both using your client/device and also helping teach everyone else how to use all the (currently obscure) features of rippled to their personal benefit.

Posted (edited)

Bob I feel uncomfortable saying this because personally I’m already convinced...   but at some future point we might falsely all be called idiots for believing an elaborate con...  it would be nice to have cryptographic proof to avoid that.

So would you consider proving your identity by moving say 1.09032019 XRP out of an early Bob Way wallet?  (You’ll notice that the decimals are the current date in the correct format....   not the nonsensical crazy American twisted format.  :) )

The photos are nice to see (especially your happily smiling face,  :) ) but I can conceive of scenarios where they are not absolute proof.  Just a thought...  I won’t be surprised or offended if you prefer not to...

[EDIT:   And when I say current date I mean here at the top of the world....  I realise that many non Australia/Kiwi/Asian members will still be on the old obsolete date of 8th of March....   :P  ]

Edited by Tinyaccount

8 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

but at some future point we might falsely all be called idiots for believing an elaborate con...  it would be nice to have cryptographic proof to avoid that.

And you're not concerned being called an idiot for asking such an idiot question?

5 minutes ago, BobWay said:

Ruben seems to be saying if 80% of the Ripple validators are malicious then bad things might happen.

There's no need to be malicious, there could be a targeted attack on a chosen subset of validators - that's why it is important to NEVER directly expose a validator to untrusted peers.

Nice collection of swag by the way - I might be able to compete a bit, but you certainly have more shirts than me. ;)
While your stories and answers definitely check out, I agree with @tinyaccount that it would be really nice to have something more solid than pictures that could have been taken anywhere any time. I guess I could give a good impression of an early Ripple employee too... so: TXID or didn't happen!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

Nice collection of swag by the way - I might be able to compete a bit, but you certainly have more shirts than me. ;)
While your stories and answers definitely check out, I agree with @tinyaccount that it would be really nice to have something more solid than pictures that could have been taken anywhere any time. I guess I could give a good impression of an early Ripple employee too... so: TXID or didn't happen!

Someone from Ripple could easily confirm Bob is who he says he is.

Edited by VanGogh