Kroger dumping VISA due to high fees. Opportunity for low-cost XRP retail use case?

Artificer

It will be interesting to see if companies, such as Kroger, seriously pursue cryptocurrency solutions for domestic payments.  However, often times these disputes end up being eventually settled.

Even if Kroger were to pursue a cryptocurrency solution, I highly doubt they would use Bitcoin or any other energy intensive cryptocurrency.  The company, like an increasing number of companies, is very serious about their sustainability efforts: http://sustainability.kroger.com/.

6 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Even if Kroger were to pursue a cryptocurrency solution, I highly doubt they would use Bitcoin or any other energy intensive cryptocurrency.  The company, like an increasing number of companies, is very serious about their sustainability efforts: http://sustainability.kroger.com/.

Don't fall too easily for a fancy website and company reports on sustainability. I firmly believe these companies are only driven to become more sustainable because the topic has become 'hot' in recent years. If the vast majority of its costumers demands BTC payments, they will turn a blind eye. There's simply too much money to be made.

2 hours ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

Don't fall too easily for a fancy website and company reports on sustainability. I firmly believe these companies are only driven to become more sustainable because the topic has become 'hot' in recent years. If the vast majority of its costumers demands BTC payments, they will turn a blind eye. There's simply too much money to be made.

ESG reporting has become a hot topic that is increasingly important to the market.  Companies who perform well on material sustainability issues enjoy higher rates of return.  Personally, I do not see Kroger or any major company implementing the BTC lightening network for domestic payments.  I could see them perhaps exploring a service that offers a wide variety of cryptocurrency payment options, including BTC, but I suspect the demand for such payment options from their customers is next to non-existent.  Most would probably prefer to be able to use their Visa instead.

1675744943_ESGReporting.thumb.jpg.5005059371bde67167ff8e17727a095a.jpg