Sign in to follow this  
Sharkey

Tracking the Token Taxonomy Act

Thanks for the legit source.  This would be very helpful for taxes, and a long time coming:

"add an exemption to the “like-kind exchange” provisions of Section 1031 of the Code for virtual currency, which would allow a like-kind exchange of virtual currency to be treated as a non-taxable exchange, similar to the current treatment of real property under Section 1031; ."

20 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

Thanks for the legit source.  This would be very helpful for taxes, and a long time coming:

"add an exemption to the “like-kind exchange” provisions of Section 1031 of the Code for virtual currency, which would allow a like-kind exchange of virtual currency to be treated as a non-taxable exchange, similar to the current treatment of real property under Section 1031; ."

Agreed.  As a US citizen, I really don't appreciate being ****ed by the taxing authorities with so much ambiguity in the current tax laws, which I have elected to interpret conservatively, and to my own detriment, when I'm quite sure that many others have instead avoided to do.  It would be really great to have a (distant) hope of *someday* having clarity, no less getting a retroactive refund for what I've paid to date! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sharkey said:

Each of the amendments would be effective retroactively for sales or exchanges on or after January 1, 2017

Totally missed this part, @Sharkey

Let me get out my checkbook to make several checks out to several re-election campaigns... :JC_thinking: 

Edited by Hodor

46 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Totally missed this part, @Sharkey

Let me get out my checkbook to make several checks out to several re-election campaigns... :JC_thinking: 

HA!   That's ONE re-election cause that EVERYONE should embrace!  LOL.