codiusrex

Is Ripple a Scam? FORBES

14 hours ago, codiusrex said:

Ouch!  Lots of points made from the author who doesn’t hold crypto.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2019/03/01/is-ripple-a-scam/#fc7521c79a44

71B4D1A5-D0F8-47ED-8428-847CD4374BDA.jpeg

2D3054C0-A722-407E-8329-78FA6C0C86B7.jpeg

Both mainstream media and Federal reserve QE have deployed these tactics, and many of them are still in motion. In fact, this image perfectly describes the inflationary effects of QE. Issue worthless token - print fiat, gift billions - DC pork, promote fiction - not controlled by government or banks, pump and dump scheme - asset bubble inflation, pay partners - 0% discount window, solicit blue Chip - buy off ratings agencies, delivers questionable tech - raise interest rates, obscure true model - prevent auditing the fed, manipulate public opinion - best stock market bull run in years, profit... Who benefits?

Forbes.com is a lot like the old Blogger.com, these days.  Anyone can post.  They just happen to have a brand name which the public does not know not to trust... yet.  Mediocre academia seems to have discovered this several years ago, as I've seen a lot of junk/interdisciplinary articles littering the literary CV's of people whom I know know NOTHING of their own fields or, an even further stretch, about business, economics, or finance.  But it seems to impress people who are easy to impress and its gets them on the tenure teat.

That way, they can be a permanent drain on society AND poison the minds of the next generation, at the same time.  So, it's a perfect acquisition for China - makes total sense...

Anyway, it's a shame, because Malcolm was funny and Steve still cracks me up;  I hate having to associate the Forbes name with such crap.

16 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

Digital Asset Investor just made a video on people with investments in mining hardware also owning shares in Forbes.

Interesting hypothesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2FEblqoaGw

Maybe.  But I think the explanation is more mundane than that.  Last I heard, one could pad their resume with a Forbes.com by-line by just sending any old thing (you know, written up in high enough style to pass the non-expert/12-year-old-intern smell test) to opinion@forbes.com and waiting a few days for it to be published.  Funny biz model.

There's also this:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/forbes-will-pay-all-of-its-contributors-but-purge-the-worst-1518611400

I rather doubt that's in response to "concerns about quality" and is instead about concerns regarding corporate liability.

That kid in Kentucky - the one who smiled at the Native American - has put the fear of God into some of these rags. :)

If they edit them, they've got to pay for professional editors, and if they don't, they might wind up paying out even more.

They might need to do the unthinkable and just hire some (dare I say it) real journalists who know how to do research...

That'd cost money, though - so... we'll see.  Anyway, I can't wait until I can micro-pay real journalists who report 5W/1H.

A bit ironic to see journalists attacking a technology which could eventually monetize them, again, and keep them paid.

Wayne Hsieh, co-founder of Singapore-based ASUSTek Computer Inc., is another significant IWM (Integrated Whale Media) investor. His company is one of the world’s largest PC vendors and the biggest motherboard manufacturer globally.

I wonder, maybe AsusTek have some interest in mining? Yup!

I wonder if Asus gives swag to any of these "contributors"?

All the General Public needs to do is a little research.  They would find excellent comments and feedback from credible sources like Christine Lagarde of the IMF.  Speakers with history at the IMF, SEC, United Nations etc.

Not to mention, Yoshitaka Kitao of SBI and his vision and direction.

Here is my only real dark area that I hope for answers soon.....with all the reported partnerships and activity when will the volume show up?  Not seeing any real volume at this stage makes me wonder when the volume shows up from xRapid / XRP use.  This true volume would shut a lot of nay sayers up.

You could say the same things about USD, the U.S. govt., federal reserve and banks.

Create USD out of thin air (literally print it onto paper), loan it to banks who loan it to people, and create the perception that it has value.

Is the U.S. dollar a scam? Perhaps, depending on how you define scam. But it's also been the world's reserve currency for over 70 years. 

16 minutes ago, Crypto31 said:

Is the U.S. dollar a scam? Perhaps, depending on how you define scam. But it's also been the world's reserve currency for over 70 years. 

You can certainly make the argument that the US dollar is a ponzi scheme.

"U.S. government [..] loses massive amounts of money every year (i.e. runs at a deficit) and finances it with new debt. When the debt comes due, they “pay profits” to those earlier investors by issuing more debt (i.e. “using funds from more recent investors”). That is the definition of a Ponzi scheme."

On 3/2/2019 at 12:30 AM, Tinyaccount said:

I wanted to like your post but am out of like...

I couldn’t agree with you more.  This, to me, is one of those rare opportunities in life where us little guys get a fair chance at a better life.  Trying deliberately to rob people of that is so low I can’t describe it.

This is business model for @xrptipbot, 0.1XRP for like.

No free Likebaiting!!!

On 3/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, codiusrex said:

Ouch!  Lots of points made from the author who doesn’t hold crypto.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2019/03/01/is-ripple-a-scam/#fc7521c79a44

71B4D1A5-D0F8-47ED-8428-847CD4374BDA.jpeg

2D3054C0-A722-407E-8329-78FA6C0C86B7.jpeg

Verizon is technically a scam. They charge usage fees that even their own representatives cant figure out. Every good thing is seen as a scam before it makes it big.