MeGodzillo

Coinbase XRP/USD pair is doing great!

5 hours ago, MeGodzillo said:

In five short days, the XRP pairs with USD, EUR and BTC are making up over 10% of Coinbase's volume! Adding XRP pairs (finally!) proved to be a very smart move for Coinbase.

With taker fees between 10 and 30 basis points on Coinbase Pro and several times that on Coinbase, a daily volume of $10M means XRP trading has already easily made Coinbase six figures of revenue.

Maybe that explains the deleted cry-lol tweet from Brian Armstrong: cry-lolling all the way to the bank!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lucky said:

Maybe that explains the deleted cry-lol tweet from Brian Armstrong: cry-lolling all the way to the bank!

XRP has entered the jaws of the Bitcoin max cult,  filed down their teeth and tamed their lions, next we will have them jumping through hoop ; a smart move to Coinbase and a disaster for Bitcoin Max. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, MeGodzillo said:

And just a few hours later, XRP pairs are making up over 13% of Coinbase's volume. Based on the amount of revenue they're taking in from XRP trading, they really shouldn't have waited so long!

Coinbase_markets-2.thumb.png.284ca35edde58f9208a4bc17fce55fb8.png

This type of stuff needs to go viral. FastMoney should be posting this.

Posted (edited)

Some do not view the Coinbase listing as a significant development, but Coinbase is arguably the most trusted exchange in the United States and perhaps even the world.  Also, their UI is better than Binance, Bitstamp, Kraken, and Polinex.  Coinbase accepts a wide variety of payment methods including debit card (from both the EU and US), ACH, PayPal, and wire.  Lastly, according to the Blockchain Transparency Institute, Coinbase is the fifth largest exchange in the world as many exchanges engage in wash trading.

https://www.blockchaintransparency.org/december-2018-rankings

Edit:  The liquidity available on Coinbase is pretty remarkable.  For users who are Level 2 verified, you can buy/sell up to $25,000 per day using ACH or PayPal. However, it is possible to buy/sell up to $250,000 per day via wire transfer.  Both amounts, in my opinion, are crazy but obviously they must have customers with that type of money.  Level 3 verification allows you to send and receive cryptocurrencies.  

Edited by Sebastian

can someone please explain me why i dont see coinbase on coinmarketcap ? I see only coinbase pro

not sure if i am missing something or am i to tired

22 minutes ago, Riseup said:

can someone please explain me why i dont see coinbase on coinmarketcap ? I see only coinbase pro

not sure if i am missing something or am i to tired

The 'normal' Coinbase is not an exchange, it's basically a crypto retailer. 

Coinbase Pro, formerly GDAX, is an exchange.

1 hour ago, Benchmark said:

ah, yes, of course

14 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Of course it’s not true.

Normal Coinbase is an exchange which executes all orders with “market order”.

The reason that you don’t see it in the coinmarketcap is, they don’t share “normal” coinbase’s volume and order book information. 

I've just verified my cb account. 

Thats uphold, gatehub, cb, revolut and wirex. 

If there's ever another fomo bull run it's going to be much much easier for new money to pour in. 

I first bought (fomo) at the top in January 2018 and it took me weeks to get verified and I ended up buying above market price via cryptomate.co.uk