Archbob

SWIFT is not using XRP on Corda Settler, says R3 founder

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, lucky said:

What SWIFT wants is irrelevant. Consumers and business want / need instant global payments, low fees, and simple API, and will move their payments to a platform that provides that. Whether banks will participate in this platform, built with modern technology, or stick to the old boys horse, buggy and middlemen (and go out of business), is their choice, not SWIFT’s.

Spot on, but rather than recognise that they have to change the big banks will go on trying to encourage their customers to continue to use their slow expensive (profitable) methods.  Just like the Post Office wanted their customers to continue to use letters rather than email.  No postal service ever embraced or invested in email. How could they make that transition?

Edited by Julian_Williams

Can someone confirm this statement.

Corda is USING XRP or Corda is NOT using XRP.

I'm confuse because each time Corda tweet something relating to their product all XRP army are re-tweeting. I'm confuse how it is related between Corda, R3 and XRP.

Where is that related? Any support evidence?

1 hour ago, FreedomGundam said:

Can someone confirm this statement.

Corda is USING XRP or Corda is NOT using XRP.

I'm confuse because each time Corda tweet something relating to their product all XRP army are re-tweeting. I'm confuse how it is related between Corda, R3 and XRP.

Where is that related? Any support evidence?

Corda can use XRP to settle payments. It's not a requirement, but it has the settlement mechanism using XRP. ( https://www.r3.com/news/r3-launches-universal-corda-settler-application/ )

I have not read any info on whether anyone is actually using it so I'm assuming no for now.

4 hours ago, FreedomGundam said:

I'm confuse

No. You’re not. You’re resurrecting an old post as a point of contention. Citing “XRP Army” is the tell.

AFD868A9-A260-4AC7-80AD-303774DF37C4.jpeg

7 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Corda can use XRP to settle payments. It's not a requirement, but it has the settlement mechanism using XRP. ( https://www.r3.com/news/r3-launches-universal-corda-settler-application/ )

I have not read any info on whether anyone is actually using it so I'm assuming no for now.

Thanks, this open my mind.

Posted (edited)

^ what the … represents getting all their ducks in a row?

: haha only just saw the title on slide... begs the question now why is R3 a duckling sitting on its arse … and the other legs/hats/shades wtfs  - I blame the acid they took beforehand

Edited by fiik

9 hours ago, mandelbaum said:

Corda settler uses so-called "Oracles". These are network services that give exchange rates in real-time and provide options for settlement. The users of Corda will be able to choose their preferred method of settling obligations made between two parties. The XRP-ledger Oracle was the only settlement oracle available at the time of launch in december last year. Why? Well, we can only speculate, but it looks like SWIFT was in a bit of panick when they suddenly suprisingly announced a partnership with R3 in late january 2019 by Gottfred Liebbrandt who will leave his position as CEO of SWIFT this summer.

If both parties who need to conduct a transaction choose the XRP-ledger oracle to settle, they will do so on the XRP-ledger. Ripple have simply been positioning themselves for the DLT revolution to take place. This is Brad Garlinghouses marathon. Ripple are ahead, Yoshitaka Kitao will bring momentum.

If you are given two options using Corda, one settles in 2 hours at 4 dollars, the other in 2 seconds at 0.50 dollars, which do you choose?

Could there be a solution (an oracle) that combines SWIFT and XRPs ledger directly? To early to say.

To spark some curiosity, this photo is from an IBM Blockchain presentation in late april (Blockchain Revolution Global 2019):

D48BfGTUEAAPTRo.thumb.jpg.a8b6649992160c165967150420643ead.jpg

So, you mean Corda is not using XRP right? because it is different duck?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, mandelbaum said:

To spark some curiosity, this photo is from an IBM Blockchain presentation in late april (Blockchain Revolution Global 2019):

From Bearableguy321: 

Go ahead all of you, hate me for posting it! He's been right a lot more than people give him credit for. He posted the sun rays too before Fidelity's recent announcement. I love it, personally. Get your green ducks in a row!

287125433_ScreenShot2019-05-09at12_23_32PM.jpg.95be7344e0cfda1d58cee295dd5ea5fe.jpg

Edited by VanGogh

28 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

From Bearableguy321: 

Go ahead all of you, hate me for posting it! He's been right a lot more than people give him credit for. He posted the sun rays too before Fidelity's recent announcement. I love it, personally. Get your green ducks in a row!

287125433_ScreenShot2019-05-09at12_23_32PM.jpg.95be7344e0cfda1d58cee295dd5ea5fe.jpg

where is this from?

Posted (edited)

Because he doesn't actually predict anything. He posts bullcrap riddles that can be interpreted 100 ways so that someway, somehow his blind followers will always interpret something as being right.

There something happening literally every day in Crypto. You can pick basically any day and somehow say it will be right.

Fidelity's announcement also has nothing to do with XRP. They are opening up a BTC OTC trading desk for institutional investors.

Remember 2/14 -- Everyone thought that was the day when token taxonomy was going to be re-introduced and it wasn't. When that turned out to be wrong, he just switched it to mean something else on that day.

This whole thing has been a total fraud from the start and anyone not totally on kool-aid can see that.

Edited by Archbob

18 minutes ago, MemberBerry said:

Hey frens i didnt see this tweet here by mr donald of R3 

He also says something with "no"

You can't trust anyone from Manhattan, NY.