LeoiZuria

Lets stop calling Bear Market to a Lack of interest

15 hours ago, VanGogh said:

The more people are talking like you the closer we are to the end of this bear market. There is a definite lull here on the xrp Chat, even though news is fairly steady—mind you the kind of news that only a year ago would have sent us to new highs. To those who have been in it for a while it may seem like a boring period because the price isn't reacting to this news. And that's exactly where the larger players want you. They want you to give up and sell your holdings for a loss, so they can scoop them up cheap, all the while they are investing billions in infrastructure and buying over the counter in preparation fort he green light that they give. Hold strong. This is a time where patience and distant vision pays off. 

You talk about the whales as if they were waiting for a 99% loss in value for coming back to crypto. Dude, lets be realistic, Whales make huge profits even with 10% gains and that's what they are used to do because they are used to stock investments/derivatives and so on. 10% profits is a lot in those markets.

There may be some potential in crypto, but... how much % loss is enough for whales to come back in your opinion? we are around 75% already.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, LeoiZuria said:

You talk about the whales as if they were waiting for a 99% loss in value for coming back to crypto. Dude, lets be realistic, Whales make huge profits even with 10% gains and that's what they are used to do because they are used to stock investments/derivatives and so on. 10% profits is a lot in those markets.

There may be some potential in crypto, but... how much % loss is enough for whales to come back in your opinion? we are around 75% already.

Quit trying to put words in my mouth. They are waiting and accumulating while they are building out the infrastructure, among other things that I'm sure we don't have any idea about. When they are ready they will let it run. You clearly have no respect for me, so I really don't have time for you. Just sell and move on then. Best to you!

Edited by VanGogh

@LeoiZuria I dont think it's any big secret that many, many people lost ALOT of money last year speculating on crypto. That kind of loss, which we all witnessed, is going to take awhile to wash out. 

Having said that, it is similarly narrow to say that it will never be washed out as it is to say that the entire market is at whims of these mythical players in the sky who are just pulling all the strings. How absurd would it to be to speculate on an asset if one really believed all that? I take what you said as more of venting about the current lack of appeal that crypto has with the general public right now. Which is understandable, but maybe falling on deaf ears in a forum inundated with gross theories of overnight fortune.

I encourage take a longer term outlook on the state of crypto, and xrp in general. I purchased years ago with the intention of holding for at least 5 years. That time frame, I believed, would be sufficient to see if xrp would begin to consume a share of liquidity for its use case. I have not been disappointed in that. 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, LeoiZuria said:

A lack of interest for investing

almost a daily basis i see a investment of millions of $ over the blockchain. i will recommend you Stop doing the research on a bitcoin yutuber 

Posted (edited)

By definition a bear market does not make sense. It is created by people (usually after a catalyst) who no longer believe a market makes sense so they sell. It keeps going down until all the weak hands finally fold. 

Can a bear market lead to zero value of individual stocks / cons? Absolutely,  and it has happened many times inside and outside of crypto.

The real question is not about bear or bull markets. It's what are the big players doing (not necessarily saying). It is about value being created. 

I believe in xrp because of the incredible progress ripple have made. And now also R3. Great customer feedback and SBI. The negativity I read I can quickly dismiss because I have researched a lot and know most to be lies. Some is true, but to me is a reasonable risk eg 60% ownership of xrp by Ripple. No asset is guaranteed,  whether crypto, stock or anything else. Including XRP. 

I believe in other cryptos gaining value such as Bitcoin because there is so much big player investment. I don't believe in bitcoin,  but I can't dismiss the infrastructure being built by respected institutions. They do not do so without expectation of substantial profit.

If your only reason for thinking this is not a bear market is because of all the good news,  or nobody believes anymore, without doing proper research (proper research can mean selling). Then you are one of the majority that will sell at the wrong time. And probably one of the majority that will / have buy at the wrong time. 

Edited by madToo
Was not clear that bear market leading to $0 valuation was in relation to individual stocks or cryptos. Not the whole market.

13 minutes ago, madToo said:

By definition a bear market does not make sense. It is created by people (usually after a catalyst) who no longer believe a market makes sense so they sell. It keeps going down until all the weak hands finally fold. 

Can a bear market lead to zero value? Absolutely,  and it has happened many times inside and outside of crypto.

The real question is not about bear or bull markets. It's what are the big players doing (not necessarily saying). It is about value being created. 

I believe in xrp because of the incredible progress ripple have made. And now also R3. Great customer feedback and SBI. The negativity I read I can quickly dismiss because I have researched a lot and know most to be lies. Some is true, but to me is a reasonable risk eg 60% ownership of xrp by Ripple. No asset is guaranteed,  whether crypto, stock or anything else. Including XRP. 

I believe in other cryptos gaining value such as Bitcoin because there is so much big player investment. I don't believe in bitcoin,  but I can't dismiss the infrastructure being built by respected institutions. They do not do so without expectation of substantial profit.

If your only reason for thinking this is not a bear market is because of all the good news,  or nobody believes anymore, without doing proper research (proper research can mean selling). Then you are one of the majority that will sell at the wrong time. And probably one of the majority that will / have buy at the wrong time. 

Pfff!  ,,Can the bear market lead to zero value? Absolutely, and it has happened many times inside and outside crypto. "

A statement without any cover.

I'm following cycles on the Stock Market for a long time (over 15 years) and Crypto Market for 4 years. There has never been a fall to 0. I also looked at an in-stock chart of the Stock Market for decades. There has never been a fall to 0.

A bear market means a drop of 70-90% but never a drop to 0.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mihaisyblu said:

Pfff!  ,,Can the bear market lead to zero value? Absolutely, and it has happened many times inside and outside crypto. "

A statement without any cover.

I'm following cycles on the Stock Market for a long time (over 15 years) and Crypto Market for 4 years. There has never been a fall to 0. I also looked at an in-stock chart of the Stock Market for decades. There has never been a fall to 0.

A bear market means a drop of 70-90% but never a drop to 0.

I was referring to a single stock or coin. Which I didn't make clear, thanks for pointing out. 

Edited by madToo

2 hours ago, madToo said:

I was referring to a single stock or coin. Which I didn't make clear, thanks for pointing out. 

OK, thanks for clarification. Indeed, very rarely, there are such situations on a single stock. I do not know if there are such situations on a single coin. With the rest of the post I agree.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, charmaser said:

@LeoiZuria I dont think it's any big secret that many, many people lost ALOT of money last year speculating on crypto. That kind of loss, which we all witnessed, is going to take awhile to wash out. 

Having said that, it is similarly narrow to say that it will never be washed out as it is to say that the entire market is at whims of these mythical players in the sky who are just pulling all the strings. How absurd would it to be to speculate on an asset if one really believed all that? I take what you said as more of venting about the current lack of appeal that crypto has with the general public right now. Which is understandable, but maybe falling on deaf ears in a forum inundated with gross theories of overnight fortune.

I encourage take a longer term outlook on the state of crypto, and xrp in general. I purchased years ago with the intention of holding for at least 5 years. That time frame, I believed, would be sufficient to see if xrp would begin to consume a share of liquidity for its use case. I have not been disappointed in that. 

I Agree this is not for fast bucks now and probably most of the people that bought in during the past couple of years are not at all comfortable with recent prices so are Hodling , waiting for the anticipated green route to the top of Everest.  I have read that the movement and usage of Tokens/Coins is instrumental in raising their value.  So Trading, Exchanging, sending cross border payments, Shopping with them & then buying more, or just moving them around from wallet to wallet is seen to be beneficial to rises in price . Maybe it's time to dust off these stashes of XRP before they get too rusty and give them a bit of fresh air and exercise.  Look at Silver, the price has been stagnant for more than a decade yet every day another article is published explaining with Charts and insider info that explain that the Moon Shot is approaching... So stock up on Silver Rounds !    Silver not in Industrial demand is in the main being Hodled by JP Morgan/other Reserve Banks/Rothschilds/Pension Funds etc  and of course those who sleep with Rounds and Bars under the Bed.  This Market has been controlled by Whales for a long long time who are past masters at the game... This type of animal is ahead of the game as far as Crypto is concerned.  Usage not speculation and Exchange listings is what will give XRP Value so it seems like a good idea to start using them.   :clapping:

2 hours ago, 3GO3D said:

I Agree this is not for fast bucks now and probably most of the people that bought in during the past couple of years are not at all comfortable with recent prices so are Hodling , waiting for the anticipated green route to the top of Everest.  I have read that the movement and usage of Tokens/Coins is instrumental in raising their value.  So Trading, Exchanging, sending cross border payments, Shopping with them & then buying more, or just moving them around from wallet to wallet is seen to be beneficial to rises in price . Maybe it's time to dust off these stashes of XRP before they get too rusty and give them a bit of fresh air and exercise.  Look at Silver, the price has been stagnant for more than a decade yet every day another article is published explaining with Charts and insider info that explain that the Moon Shot is approaching... So stock up on Silver Rounds !    Silver not in Industrial demand is in the main being Hodled by JP Morgan/other Reserve Banks/Rothschilds/Pension Funds etc  and of course those who sleep with Rounds and Bars under the Bed.  This Market has been controlled by Whales for a long long time who are past masters at the game... This type of animal is ahead of the game as far as Crypto is concerned.  Usage not speculation and Exchange listings is what will give XRP Value so it seems like a good idea to start using them.   :clapping:

It's too early to sell XRP. A mass adoption will not occur overnight. The yield offered by XRP will be much higher and the risks much lower than silver. The fact that the silver price is quite stable in recent years is due to fundamental causes. What is the global demand for silver? World demand for silver grew like copper, gold or palladium? Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm left at Crypto Market and XRP.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:46 PM, xrphilosophy said:

Don't agree with this.  There is real utility and value in this new class of assets.  Even if a bubble in the making it's been taken seriously by the most powerful interests in the world. 

However, lately I have become aware of how this may play out, and not to my liking as when I originally invested.  It's very possible that pension funds, banks, FI's are now coming in and want lower volatility.  Lower volatility may be engineered by Wall St., et al with futures, derivatives, shorts etc.

And with lower vol comes lower returns possibly.  Maybe not the 10-15% of the stock market, but also may not be the 36,000% of the former crypto market.   If thinking critically we all must be open to the idea that we surely do not know how the returns on this risky unknown speculation/investment will play out. 

I hope for the best as I'm sure we all do.  But the low price now says it all for the time being anyway.  We'll see.  If anyone knows better please do tell.  I still have higher hopes but these have been tamped by the experience of the last year for certain, seeing how the commodification of the market has played out. 

This is one of the most thought-provoking, realistic, and "real" replies I have read.  Thanks! 

22 minutes ago, mihaisyblu said:

It's too early to sell XRP. A mass adoption will not occur overnight. The yield offered by XRP will be much higher and the risks much lower than silver. The fact that the silver price is quite stable in recent years is due to fundamental causes. What is the global demand for silver? World demand for silver grew like copper, gold or palladium? Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm left at Crypto Market and XRP.

Industrial demand for Silver has never been higher far surpassing the loss due to Digital Photography, every Phone, Tablet, Lap Top, Desk Top, Car, photovoltaic Cell in a Solar Panel requires Silver....Mass Adoption is at a low ebb, hence High Street Jewellery Shops have been in decline for the last 20 years or so. Silver Hodlers gave up a long time ago and ceased buying before it hit a parity with Tin. However with that said, I'm not parting with my Ingots and just added to my Zerp collection.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:01 PM, tony71 said:

We have a little over 100 days of bear market left. By mid summer things will turn around 

Maybe, or maybe another 365+ days, or maybe less than 100 days...who knows?  I have been as optimistic as anyone, but I think it's wise to always be open to new data, and how we assess historical data.  The best we can do is to guess, based on the very short history (relatively speaking) of the crypto market thus far.  The fact that there are clearly massive "new players" entering the market changes many factors, possibly in ways we can't estimate with any accuracy.  Extrapolating from history is a reasonable way to estimate what's ahead, but not a guarantee.  We can wait and see, or we can take any number of actions based on our best estimate.  But critical thinking, and continually reassessing past assumptions, will likely reduce our vulnerabilities in this very high risk arena.  

" Lack of interest in investing "   When I was Young, ( I'm old now ) the High Street Banks would offer incentives for parents to open Savings Accounts for their offspring to instill in them from a very tender age the principle of, " putting something away for a rainy day," The Banks intention to capture customers for life, get their mortgage, Loans etc and guaranteed interest payments for the life span of that child whilst using their savings to gamble on the Markets...  It is disappointing to see that this practice is now known as an Airdrop.