LeoiZuria

Lets stop calling Bear Market to a Lack of interest

I've been a huge XRP supporter for more than a year, but this so called "Bear market" starts to make no sense. Come on guys, let's be honest. A lack of interest for investing in this is not a just a bear market with the hope of a Bull market sometime. Simply the "products" (Tokens/cryptocurrencies/digital assets/whatever) are not in the interest of investors anymore, because of their lack of real utility/value.

I'm open to discussion. I've always loved being positive about these things, but let's be realistic.

What are your thoughts about the imaginary concept of "Bear market"?

The bear market is part of the cycle and will end eventually before the accumulation phase kicks in.

The vast majority of the world is not aware just yet about Ripple and its revolutionary solutions.

Your accountant and bank adviser may only know Bitcoin, but on the other hand the IMF knows about XRP and Christine Lagarde puts pressure on the banking industry.

You may feel frustrated about the price movement, I get it.

You may not understand why it is not moving "It's freaking awesome dude why the whole world doesn't buy XRP by the billions ?", I get it.

But you will have to wait for Ripple to develop its ecosystem.

Don't expect massive returns before at least 2020. And it will probably be a speculative bull-run.

The accumulation phase has not started yet, we are currently in the dormant phase, prices stopped falling in October, we have at least 3 to 6 months before an accumulation starts (unless something big happens).

I don't know why people talk about crypto in the same economical logic as with real life products. Real life products (Oil, stocks, derivatives) have a proven real utility/value.

What's the proven real utility/value in digital assets?

Pure speculation and hope still.

Should we keep the same economical logic about the cycles? why?

I'm open to answers, thanks for the discussion

Stop looking at the charts man. Especially the short time frames. Stick to the Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. You will drive yourself crazy. You have held on this long you might as well stick it out. The true battle between Bears and Bulls has just begun. Everyone is afraid of jumping back in ATM. Bears are afraid to short this low (for the most part). Bulls are afraid to buy in before the bottom is in. The truth is most people are going to get caught with their pants down waiting to buy the bottom. FOMO never happens when the price is going down or when it is flat. Look how long we were flat before the last Bull Run. It was a miserable time to be an XRP holder. We were flat and everything else around us was blowing up which was worse IMO. At least all cryptos are down and suffering ATM. The real inpatient people will actually give up and sell during the last 6 months of this nightmare when things get really boring. People won’t start to FOMO once we break .45, .50, and IMHO will really panic buy after $1 gets broken again. Hang in there you are still at the right place. These MOFOS are really good at making you so damn frustrated that you want cry yourself to sleep. Just accumulate and maybe buy some other cryptos that show potential. The interest in this space is here!!!!! There is too much money coming into this space and big changes with business infrastructure for this thing to flop at this point. Remember the whales need people to play the game to win. If they scare everyone off then they will be left holding the bags. 

1 hour ago, LeoiZuria said:

I don't know why people talk about crypto in the same economical logic as with real life products. Real life products (Oil, stocks, derivatives) have a proven real utility/value.

4 hours ago, LeoiZuria said:

I've been a huge XRP supporter for more than a year, but this so called "Bear market" starts to make no sense. Come on guys, let's be honest. A lack of interest for investing in this is not a just a bear market with the hope of a Bull market sometime. Simply the "products" (Tokens/cryptocurrencies/digital assets/whatever) are not in the interest of investors anymore, because of their lack of real utility/value.

I'm open to discussion. I've always loved being positive about these things, but let's be realistic.

The more people are talking like you the closer we are to the end of this bear market. There is a definite lull here on the xrp Chat, even though news is fairly steady—mind you the kind of news that only a year ago would have sent us to new highs. To those who have been in it for a while it may seem like a boring period because the price isn't reacting to this news. And that's exactly where the larger players want you. They want you to give up and sell your holdings for a loss, so they can scoop them up cheap, all the while they are investing billions in infrastructure and buying over the counter in preparation fort he green light that they give. Hold strong. This is a time where patience and distant vision pays off. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, LeoiZuria said:

Simply the "products" (Tokens/cryptocurrencies/digital assets/whatever) are not in the interest of investors anymore, because of their lack of real utility/value.

Don't agree with this.  There is real utility and value in this new class of assets.  Even if a bubble in the making it's been taken seriously by the most powerful interests in the world. 

However, lately I have become aware of how this may play out, and not to my liking as when I originally invested.  It's very possible that pension funds, banks, FI's are now coming in and want lower volatility.  Lower volatility may be engineered by Wall St., et al with futures, derivatives, shorts etc.

And with lower vol comes lower returns possibly.  Maybe not the 10-15% of the stock market, but also may not be the 36,000% of the former crypto market.   If thinking critically we all must be open to the idea that we surely do not know how the returns on this risky unknown speculation/investment will play out. 

I hope for the best as I'm sure we all do.  But the low price now says it all for the time being anyway.  We'll see.  If anyone knows better please do tell.  I still have higher hopes but these have been tamped by the experience of the last year for certain, seeing how the commodification of the market has played out. 

Edited by xrphilosophy

19 hours ago, LeoiZuria said:

Look at the volume chart over the last 2 years.

early 2017: about $1M a day volume. 

Now 14 months into a bear market: averaging above $500M a day. 

That's a 500x fold increase in volume. 

Oh....and now price.  XRP's price is about 64x its price 2 years ago.

Discussion over.

Zoom out, cultivate patience, develop hobbies, let your bamboo grow and harvest at the right time. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, VanGogh said:

The more people are talking like you the closer we are to the end of this bear market. There is a definite lull here on the xrp Chat, even though news is fairly steady—mind you the kind of news that only a year ago would have sent us to new highs. To those who have been in it for a while it may seem like a boring period because the price isn't reacting to this news. And that's exactly where the larger players want you. They want you to give up and sell your holdings for a loss, so they can scoop them up cheap, all the while they are investing billions in infrastructure and buying over the counter in preparation fort he green light that they give. Hold strong. This is a time where patience and distant vision pays off. 

I think that assuming that if someone complains is because "we are near the end of the bear market" is a childish thought. It has nothing to do with it, if it was true why didn't the whales cashed in and out last year? being around 75% loss in the whole market would create such gains with it.. What are we expecting? to be 99% loss comparing to 2017?

I think our analysis has to go beyond that, and not only repeting what the 589ers and dreamers say.

Edited by LeoiZuria

10 minutes ago, LeoiZuria said:

I think that assuming that if someone complains is because "we are near the end of the bear market" is a childish thought. It has nothing to do with it, if it was true why didn't the whales cashed in and out last year? being around 75% loss in the whole market would create such gains with it.. What are we expecting? to be 99% loss comparing to 2017?

I think our analysis has to go beyond that, and not only repeting what the 589ers and dreamers say.

I think your view is very narrow, and that you don't even understand mine.