Sign in to follow this  
caroma

Validator not running on main chain

Posted (edited)

@Sukrim @nikb Thank you for all of your help and suggestions. I have edited my config file so that the [database_path] and [node_db] path are now referencing paths to an SSD I have mounted on my system. I was able to successfully start my validator on the main chain, where it ran for nearly 2 hours with 100% agreement. However, after this 2 hour period, it has yet again started running on a different chain for about 115 validations. Trying to execute the server_info command results in the output seen below, so it seems that it has stopped running entirely on its own. 

Loading: "/home/caroma/.config/ripple/rippled.cfg"
2019-Mar-10 18:11:55.747004101 HTTPClient:NFO Connecting to 127.0.0.1:5005

{
   "error" : "internal",
   "error_code" : 71,
   "error_message" : "Internal error.",
   "error_what" : "no response from server"
}

**UPDATE**

It turns out I had mistakenly given the config file a path to another partition on my hdd rather than the path to the ssd. After making the change, my validator was up and running within a matter of minutes. 

Edited by caroma

This looks like your rippled has got a SIGINT from somewhere, most likely the kernel. Could be disk space or open files limit.

Do you have this in /etc/systemd/system/rippled.service.d ?

[Service]
LimitNOFILE=65536

And to ask you a very silly question, are you sure we're looking the correct config file (/home/caroma/.config/ripple/rippled.cfg), and not the file in /opt/ripple/etc/rippled.cfg ? Also, which rippled.cfg is your systemd init file referring to (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rippled.service) ? 

Posted (edited)

@alloyxrp Thank you for your reply. I'm actually not running rippled as a service but rather starting the executable directly in the command line ( I need to run it as an executable as I intend to use it for profiling purposes). As such, I can see that it is in fact using the config file at the location /home/caroma/.config/ripple/rippled.cfg. I've followed the installation instructions as seen here https://developers.ripple.com/build-run-rippled-ubuntu.html . 

I discovered that I had not given my configuration file the right path to my ssd; I hope that I was able to resolve the core issue by switching the storage to the ssd path. Again, thank you for taking the time to offer your suggestions. It is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by caroma