XRP should be trading at .15 rather than .30. and the decoupling

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This post below sparked a perspective of mine. I am genuinely interested to see how Xrapid volume will affect the price of XRP. I was hesitant on creating this post, but the intention is to provide an

My dumb money is in.

I agree with everything except item 4.  And item 3, I feel is sorta 50/50. There are times when the entire market swings up or down seemingly from the Bitcoin effect, however we have seen XRP lead t

20 minutes ago, Crypto31 said:

How do we get in on the arbitrage bot game? Does anyone have success with this or insight to this and does it work? Thanks. :D

Sure. If there's a discrepancy between prices from one exchange to the next, there will be a profit to be made. However, the profit will start to come down to who has the fastest internet, how close they are to the exchange, and who has the fastest computers. I recommend just building a bot to trade a specific crypto. This would be more profitable. 

14 hours ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

Sure. If there's a discrepancy between prices from one exchange to the next, there will be a profit to be made. However, the profit will start to come down to who has the fastest internet, how close they are to the exchange, and who has the fastest computers. I recommend just building a bot to trade a specific crypto. This would be more profitable. 

Oh, yeah, the whole buy on one exchange and sell on another has never seemed like a good idea to me long term.

I was thinking more along the lines of a bot that can recognize the patterns and buy and sell at the appropriate times. Basically assuming that everything sort of follows BTC for now and exploit that. Or find patterns somewhere else. I know there are people that claim to have working trading bots but I'm not sure if they actually do have profitable ones. But I suppose if they did they would likely not share it unless you were willing to pay a good amount for it. 

18 hours ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

What do I conclude from this?  

1. Arbitrage bots are more than likely making up most of the trade volume in crypto right now. They are also using BTC as an index for the the markets meaning that BTC being the leader and all other cryptos are playing follow the leader (again seems like common sense but we have new data). 

2. Sept volume was more than likely Xrapid volume since there was no other news within days of the time frame. However Xrapid going live was announced  on Oct 1 (this is still supporting fact that xrapid was being used). 

3. We have not decoupled from BTC yet, but Xrapid volume is powerful enough to decouple us from BTC.

4. XRP's price should, at least in theory, be trading at ~.15 USD if sept's price spike would have never happened. 

5. Assuming that testing from DDTC can jump the price of XRP ~200%  within a couple of days, then the ATH of $3 based on pure speculation and no real utility, can be EASILY surpassed. To remind you, the smart money still has yet to enter the arena. 

I agree with everything except item 4. 
And item 3, I feel is sorta 50/50. There are times when the entire market swings up or down seemingly from the Bitcoin effect, however we have seen XRP lead the march more than once this year as well. We aren't decoupled, but we do walk alone at times.

Item 5 is scary to believe, but I see no reason why not. I bet we could count a dozen decent exchanges that now support XRP, who did not in dec 2017. Speculation alone could probably double the previous ATH within a months worth of work. 

55 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

we have seen XRP lead the march more than once this year as well

55 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I bet we could count a dozen decent exchanges that now support XRP, who did not in dec 2017.

It seems to me that the more liquidity and exchanges providing XRP support, the easier it is for XRP to break away from BTC's indexing. I'm speculating that xRapid volume is going to be that tipping point based on the incidence in sept. 

Item 4 is a theory. We won't really every know for sure, but what we can say for certain is that whatever happened in late sept drastically affected XRP's price and only pertained to XRP since the rest of the crypto market wasn't shook up. 

On 2/27/2019 at 12:18 PM, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

If they did, would they tell you? No.

The more people know about a particular trade setup, the less profitable it becomes. Trust me, there are trading bots out there that do work. Obviously, they come in all sorts of sizes and shapes. :D

Notice my last sentence: "But I suppose if they did they would likely not share it unless you were willing to pay a good amount for it."

I was mostly asking if someone on this board happened to be involved with it themselves and then if so I would later ask if they'd be willing to sell the bot to others. But thanks for the reply. 

Edited by Crypto31
4 minutes ago, Kavabata said:

ARD0JrNHXRP kiss this coin goodbye after the above press release from JP Morgan today and their CEO is on board with the idea - JP Morgan is just the tip of the iceberg. Once again more longs on ripple trapped on this latest 10% bounce. crypto #trading #fintech

If I accidentally walked in on a Neurosurgury conference I couldn’t be more bamboozled than I am now trying to understand what you are saying.

I’m sure that you are making perfect sense, and that one glance at that chart speaks volumes...   but only to those well versed in necromancy and the ancient art of crypto trading and TA.  To the rest of us ignorant mortals it’s not clear at all...

My apologies if I appear wilfully ignorant,  but are you saying things are good?  Or bad?  If you have time and don’t mind explaining to an ignoramous....    what did you mean?  What press release?  What idea?

Thanks if you have the time...

31 minutes ago, Kavabata said:

ARD0JrNHXRP kiss this coin goodbye after the above press release from JP Morgan today and their CEO is on board with the idea - JP Morgan is just the tip of the iceberg. Once again more longs on ripple trapped on this latest 10% bounce. crypto #trading #fintech

The guy (@Kavabata) likes to pick up a random trading idea in Tradingview and paste it here. The above is from london5555 in TV, an infamous fudster...

11 hours ago, Yodaxrp said:

The guy (@Kavabata) likes to pick up a random trading idea in Tradingview and paste it here. The above is from london5555 in TV, an infamous fudster...

I love the London5555 TA, or more precise the lack of TA. He always posts a screenshot of the chart, nothing more and says XRP will drop to $ 0,08.

He has been right with his short over the past year, but that's not very tough in a bear market to 'predict' the price will drop.