mariusthegreat

XRP added to Coinbase ..

... aaaand still nada, niente, nothing !

It just seems nothing will make the price per XRP move upwards.

The crab will continue for a little while longer it appears...

It appears that believing that a Coinbase listing would help was yet another red herring ?

I think the bigest reason for us not climbing now, is simply the lack of NEW money in the market. Those who are already in crypto, already have their favourite coins and reasonably sums of money invested. They are not willing to bet more money on other projects, eventhough it looks like the best deal ever. Then we have traders that just scalp and take profits every 5% increase, they are not the way to get the price up.  This prolonged bearmarket have we to thank for that. 

So we need actual new money, from investors not already in crypto, to get into XRP. But for tha to happen, crypto in general needs to get interesting again and people go hysteric over it. Then new money will reserach and find XRP and have easier ways to buy it and to confirm it is a very legit and promising asset. 

Institutions are waiting for more secure and better ways to enter the market. So they are also on the sidelines or slowly accumulating without affecting prices too much.

Rising on utility is still months to years away, it will start off slow. Like Brad said at least 2-4 years from now before XRP can stand on its own without speculation.

So to my opinion, we have to wait for the crypto market and unfortunately especially BTC to reverse and start a bull trend. Once mainstream media and investors outside of the cryptosphere start to enter, many will choose XRP. Then, and only then, will we see big rises again.  

I agree it was a pretty a sad rally. A couple of thoughts:

1)      The overall sentiment around cryptcurrencies is still very negative. I wouldn’t expect any big rallies until the macro picture changes.

2)      A lot of people are in the red on their investments, and as a consequence they’re willing to sell into any rally; even if it’s only 3 cents.

3)      Coinbase isn’t what it used to be. One year ago this would have been huge news, but Coinbase doesn’t have the same clout today as they once did.

Edited by xrp_sea

16 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

I agree it was a pretty a sad rally. A couple of thoughts:

1)      The overall sentiment around cryptcurrencies is still very negative. I wouldn’t expect any big rallies until the macro picture changes.

2)      A lot of people are in the red on their investments, and as a consequence they’re willing to sell into any rally; even if it’s only 3 cents.

3)      Coinbase isn’t what it used to be. One year ago this would have been huge news, but Coinbase doesn’t have the same clout today as they once did.

Agree with all which you have stated.

I think Crypto-currencies are practically dead for at least 5 - 10 years.

Bar XRP, which is live (but barely kicking) it shows the tradional investor / sectors are not willing to invest /adopt such technologies. Its pure madness that the average Joe does not know that there is a way to send money INSTANTLY for practially ZERO cost, and the world is not all on board ?

I agree that the fundamental macro envirnoment (reliabiity on the FIAT system/non-digitization of money) will have to drastically change, somehting akin to a complete financial global meltdown via massive fraud, and or/a global war; for digitized money and/or blockchain tecnologies to be accepted as the go to instrument/investment.

I believe crypto-currencies are only going to be recognised when a generational shift occurs. That is the grey haired men in power will all have to be dead and the 10 year olds of today, whom will have grown up with such technologies and would have embraced them will be the leaders of such technologies. The dinosaurs of today have no interest in crypto-currencies.

Just look at what OTC Futures have done to BitCoin... Its clever, I admit, by taming BitCoin the whole market is tame, due to the inability of other crypto-currencies to create actual value outside of the crypto sphere and stuck into a infinite lock-step with BitCoin.

The only interest I personally have now, is seeing just how many frauds exist in the top 100 coins (according to Coin market cap). The prophetic white-papers are coming to fruition. It indeed, will be an interesting time.

40 minutes ago, mariusthegreat said:

Agree with all which you have stated.

I think Crypto-currencies are practically dead for at least 5 - 10 years.

Bar XRP, which is live (but barely kicking) it shows the tradional investor / sectors are not willing to invest /adopt such technologies. Its pure madness that the average Joe does not know that there is a way to send money INSTANTLY for practially ZERO cost, and the world is not all on board ?

I agree that the fundamental macro envirnoment (reliabiity on the FIAT system/non-digitization of money) will have to drastically change, somehting akin to a complete financial global meltdown via massive fraud, and or/a global war; for digitized money and/or blockchain tecnologies to be accepted as the go to instrument/investment.

I believe crypto-currencies are only going to be recognised when a generational shift occurs. That is the grey haired men in power will all have to be dead and the 10 year olds of today, whom will have grown up with such technologies and would have embraced them will be the leaders of such technologies. The dinosaurs of today have no interest in crypto-currencies.

Just look at what OTC Futures have done to BitCoin... Its clever, I admit, by taming BitCoin the whole market is tame, due to the inability of other crypto-currencies to create actual value outside of the crypto sphere and stuck into a infinite lock-step with BitCoin.

The only interest I personally have now, is seeing just how many frauds exist in the top 100 coins (according to Coin market cap). The prophetic white-papers are coming to fruition. It indeed, will be an interesting time.

Great post! 

Crypto market cycles dont take 5-10 years. Never have. It is illogical to assume it now somehow will, with nothing to back it up. 

We are in the proces of bottoming. It is boring and people are bearish AF during bottoming. It is all part of the process, dont worry. 

If 3150 was BTC’s bottom, and many signs suggest it was, then the market will need 3-6 months before some real bullish action can resume. 

I expect a relative quiet spring, wirh a more bullish summer and autumn ahead of us. It could of course take longer, but a bearish cycle of longer than 2 years would have a very very slim chance considering crypto’s history and fundamental changes happening right now. 

Edited by Plikk

3 hours ago, Plikk said:

Crypto market cycles dont take 5-10 years. Never have. It is illogical to assume it now somehow will, with nothing to back it up. 

We are in the proces of bottoming. It is boring and people are bearish AF during bottoming. It is all part of the process, dont worry. 

If 3150 was BTC’s bottom, and many signs suggest it was, then the market will need 3-6 months before some real bullish action can resume. 

I expect a relative quiet spring, wirh a more bullish summer and autumn ahead of us. It could of course take longer, but a bearish cycle of longer than 2 years would have a very very slim chance considering crypto’s history and fundamental changes happening right now. 

Exactly what I and many others from this board have observed.

4 years is more of a realistic cycle than 5-10 when it comes to assets.

Starting at the peak it takes 1 year to reach the new bottom (which I think is also 3150$ for BTC)

Then the most boring phase starts and lasts roughly 1 year as well. From my own observations, we may have entered this phase already in October.

Then the accumulation phase kicks to ramp up the price at a slow and steady pace, this can last 1.5 year.

Finally the so-called bull run takes place for a few weeks.

The current cycle has proven to be shorter than the 2013 - 2017 cycle, so the time frames I just wrote can vary.

I don't expect any price increase before summer, then a slow accumulation phase till spring - summer 2020 before hopefully another bull-run.

Edited by JannaOneTrick

We will see the speculation bump when it hits Coinbase, not Coinbase Pro. This is a starter but demand drives up price , which happens when it’s easily and readily available to purchase via the Coinbase app/site. Most of the new XRP money that’ll help fuel price increase likely doesn’t even know what Coinbase Pro is, let alone that it even exist. 

On 2/26/2019 at 5:03 AM, mariusthegreat said:

... aaaand still nada, niente, nothing !

It just seems nothing will make the price per XRP move upwards.

The crab will continue for a little while longer it appears...

It appears that believing that a Coinbase listing would help was yet another red herring ?

I actually think the market was headed red and that the Coinbase announcement had a positive effect we wouldn't have otherwise seen. I think it made a valuable contribution to the thawing of crypto-winter.  Remember the bull run of '17 took Bitcoin the entire year. 

3 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

We will see the speculation bump when it hits Coinbase, not Coinbase Pro. This is a starter but demand drives up price , which happens when it’s easily and readily available to purchase via the Coinbase app/site. Most of the new XRP money that’ll help fuel price increase likely doesn’t even know what Coinbase Pro is, let alone that it even exist. 

I am very excited for it to be added to Coinbase. that's going to be great for people, xrp, and Coinbase. I'm super super excited about this. Coinbase beats so many exchanges on quality.