mandelbaum

Coinbase PRO adds XRP pairings

@cmbartleyI agree with you about the struggle that all these brokers are going through, and they need to get all the volume they can get.  I am happy for XRP that they are on all recognized exchanges, yet the fact that it did little to the price is not a reflection of XRP rather the relevance of CoinBase now to the trading Crypto world.   Prior to these announcements on XRP, there were other coins and the addition to CB did nothing for them. However, sometimes fundamentals could be delayed, and we could have an explosive move in the days ahead.  The market's job is always to discourage weak hands. 

Edited by Spekul8

27 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

@cmbartleyI agree with you about the struggle that all these brokers are going through, and they need to get all the volume they can get.  I am happy for XRP that they are on all recognized exchanges, yet the fact that it did little to the price is not a reflection of XRP rather the relevance of CoinBase now to the trading Crypto world.   Prior to these announcements on XRP, there were other coins and the addition to CB did nothing for them. However, sometimes fundamentals could be delayed, and we could have an explosive move in the days ahead.  The market's job is always to discourage weak hands. 

The lack of price movement seems to confirm my suspicion that the coinbase rumour had nothing to do with the 2017 run. I always thought it was a convenient excuse by XRP haters.

8 minutes ago, Trickery said:

The lack of price movement seems to confirm my suspicion that the coinbase rumour had nothing to do with the 2017 run.

I usually disregard your opinions, because you are only a ("disgraceful") Bronze Member; but you are spot on with this one. Please send me a bust of yourself. I would like to have it bronzed to commemorate the occasion and properly recognize your superior intellect.

43 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

I usually disregard your opinions, because you are only a ("disgraceful") Bronze Member; but you are spot on with this one. Please send me a bust of yourself. I would like to have it bronzed to commemorate the occasion and properly recognize your superior intellect.

Don't worry, he'll be 'elevated' in both rank and respect in 2 more likes.

[EDIT] - He is now vastly greater in all aspects of his being, in the eyes of the entire XRPChat family.

Edited by retryW

51 minutes ago, Trickery said:

The lack of price movement seems to confirm my suspicion that the coinbase rumour had nothing to do with the 2017 run. I always thought it was a convenient excuse by XRP haters.

We always try to find correlations or lack of.  I think 2017 was just a mania that will not repeat any time soon. This does not mean the price will not rise, rather it will not be an exponential move. It may be slow and painful. 

37 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

After seeing your post I finally got off my jacksy and went out and had myself electroplated, but I could only afford silver.

1 minute ago, Trickery said:

After seeing your post I finally got off my jacksy and went out and had myself electroplated, but I could only afford silver.

Holy schadenfreude, Batman! I stand corrected, and with egg on my face! At least I'll now be able to say, "I knew you when . . ."

Bull season officially opened.

There's still pain ahead, but as @cmbartley says this overdue Conbase listing legitimizes XRP in the eyes of many bigger players.

Also the BTC maxis lose their last security FUD argument.

Not expecting much of a price move in the short term, but medium- to longer term this solidifies the highway fundament XRP is built for and on.