Coinbase PRO adds XRP pairings

25 minutes ago, M-X said:

That's probably by design. Coinbase doesn't want to influence the market by listing assets or they could be met with lawsuits for price manipulation.

Then their insiders probably should't have been buying up **** loads prior to the announcement, check the charts, the pump started a few hours prior followed by a slight pullback then the announcement hits

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go. Exciting March ahead of us.

The joke : " When Coinbase will add xrp " has come to an end  

Everyone can have an opinion on Coinbase but all I'm thinking is that this is great for further liquidity of the XRP ecosystem.

Posted Images

I'm thinking big picture, yes any exchange listings are great , it doesn't matter what size or who it all adds volume , now coinbase has investors that must have given the go ahead Bakt (ice ) Fidelity if my memory serves me correctly , now has Bakt been given regulatory approval (verbally) ? i haven't seen a tweet for awhile,  DC Blockchain in March,  March is going to be a good month.

16 minutes ago, M-X said:

The bitcoin cash fiasco is why they're being more careful now, check out their 4 phases of listing a new asset. I think you're giving coinbase more credit than they deserve, they don't care about XRP becoming #1, they just want to make money off of trading fees while being in the clear on a regulatory standpoint. 

It was not a fiasco.

It was planned. 

They DO care about XRP becoming number 1. 

XRP being number 1 would change everything. 

Coinbase are BTC hodls. 

Edited by Guest
10 minutes ago, Quintree said:

How did they do this without an SEC decision? Does Coinbase know something we don't?

The SEC, on February 8th pretty much settled the issue without having to address xrp individually. Commissioner #HesterPeirce: "When the tokens are not being sold as investment contracts...they are not securities at all. Tokens sold for use in a functioning network, rather than as investment contracts, fall outside the definition of securities."

"...a token sold in a securities offering might later be sold in a transaction that does not constitute a securities offering.[14] Once “a network becomes truly decentralized, the ability to identify an issuer or promoter to make the requisite disclosure becomes less meaningful” and offers and sales of tokens are no longer subject to the securities laws.[15]"

And to make matters even better, the following statement made clear that they would even help companies analyze their specific situations, which I'm sure Ripple took every advantage of.  "There is also a standing offer for people to come in for so-called no-action relief in connection with a particular token or project. The applicant for no-action relief lays out the parameters of what it is trying to do, and the SEC staff can respond by saying that it would not recommend an enforcement action to the Commission based on the parameters set forth in the request for relief."

It's Show Time!!!

35 minutes ago, T800 said:

***Bitcoin Cash***

They don't like XRP, they never have. 

The reason for not listing before is XRP would have went number 1. They can't have that. 

Funny Theory haha, I suppose their customers will be quite ****** when XRP moons and takes #1.

Still, good news! I'm looking forward to March, a lot of things are supposed to go live that month.

How long does it take for this process to play out normally? :

"To start, XRP is not available on Coinbase.com or via its mobile apps, the press release noted. There will be four stages for XRP’s listing on Coinbase, according to a blog."

“Transfer-only. Starting at 10am PT on Feb. 25, customers will be able to transfer XRP into their Coinbase Pro account. Customers will not yet be able to place orders and no orders will be filled on these order books. Order books will be in transfer-only mode for at least 12 hours.”

“Post-only. In the second stage, customers can post limit orders but there will be no matches (completed orders). Order books will be in post-only mode for a minimum of one minute.”

“Limit-only. In the third stage, limit orders will start matching but customers are unable to submit market orders. Order books will be in limit-only mode for a minimum of ten minutes.”

“Full trading. In the final stage, full trading services will be available, including limit, market, and stop orders.”