jabit

Google invests in Ripple in 2013. Why will not they promote XRP?

https://gigaom.com/2013/05/14/google-ventures-invests-in-opencoin-the-firm-behind-bitcoin-exchange-ripple/

I think as follows. What do you think?

Google ventures (Google's venture capital) invests tens of millions of dollars in 2013.

In 2013, when the XRP is still around 0.006 dollars yet, since the percentage of Google's investment amount is high, the amount of XRP allocated to the invested funds will be About $10million-$100million.

Google probably has XRP and Google itself also own many of Ripple's shares as early stage stakeholder.

The ultimate goal of venture capital is to maximize the investment amount.

Google is too big. So if Google is promoting now, there is a possibility that wealth will concentrate on some people. That's why Google has not promoted before spreading widely.

If XRP begins to spread to a certain extent to many people, I think Google will start hiring and promoting.

We should HODL XRP and wait for Google's promotion.:)

XRP will be the only cryptocurrency Google is investing in.

Of course I will hold XRP.

Edited by jabit

Just speculating, but if you’re truly a believer in it’s future and you’re truly in it for the long-game, you might just want the price to grow organically at a stable pace which genuinely matches its real-world usage.... as opposed to encouraging speculative investors to jump in and create another bubble. That’s not healthy for its adoption because it gives crypto a bad reputation and scares people away. 

If you genuinely believe in where this is all going, and especially if you are a huge investor with connections, such as Google... maybe,  just maybe... you have the inside information to grant you the confidence to know that it will grow just fine organically, and you wouldn’t have the same sense of desperation or eagerness which most of us feel. 

I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about Google.

Just food for thought. 

Edited by Stormchaser417

Certainly Ripple is included in GV 's portfolio.
But Cryptocurrency is the democratic currency.

First of all, we will need to spread XRP in grassroots movement.

And child will grow up in ecosystem.

And finally Mother will support and help us.

Mother needs to raise children admirably.

Mother does not help everything from the beginning.

Edited by hamasugu

On 2/24/2019 at 12:04 AM, Archbob said:

Google ventures invests in a lot of things, doesn't mean they support all of them.

Did you just say that? That’s like saying I gave 10 kids so I can’t love them all.

4 hours ago, lll_lll said:

Did you just say that? That’s like saying I gave 10 kids so I can’t love them all.

Invests are just profit and loss. Google probably has invested in hundreds of projects. You get emotionally attached to your kids, you don't to your investments.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:24 AM, jabit said:

https://gigaom.com/2013/05/14/google-ventures-invests-in-opencoin-the-firm-behind-bitcoin-exchange-ripple/

I think as follows. What do you think?

Google ventures (Google's venture capital) invests tens of millions of dollars in 2013.

In 2013, when the XRP is still around 0.006 dollars yet, since the percentage of Google's investment amount is high, the amount of XRP allocated to the invested funds will be About $10million-$100million.

Google probably has XRP and Google itself also own many of Ripple's shares as early stage stakeholder.

The ultimate goal of venture capital is to maximize the investment amount.

Google is too big. So if Google is promoting now, there is a possibility that wealth will concentrate on some people. That's why Google has not promoted before spreading widely.

If XRP begins to spread to a certain extent to many people, I think Google will start hiring and promoting.

We should HODL XRP and wait for Google's promotion.:)

XRP will be the only cryptocurrency Google is investing in.

Of course I will hold XRP.

Google is not doing nothing. They are for example supporting the web monetization via the W3C consortium, so indirectly they are stimulating the usage of XRP via co-building a standard and assisting in browser extensions. http://www.w3.org/2011/09/sponsor-pr.html.en

I think currently a lot of companies, known and unknown, are silently working on projects that will give Ripple and XRP a usecase. They don't have to, or on purpose are not shouting it from the rooftops. Like @Stormchaser417 said the best way up is gradually and by usecase, not create a speculative bubble again.

Let the big boys do their work, and if they believe it is the future, they will make it the future.

9 hours ago, Archbob said:

Invests are just profit and loss. Google probably has invested in hundreds of projects. You get emotionally attached to your kids, you don't to your investments.

My point is that you don't invest in something just for the sake of investing. You invest in something because you believe in it.

11 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Google is not doing nothing. They are for example supporting the web monetization via the W3C consortium, so indirectly they are stimulating the usage of XRP via co-building a standard and assisting in browser extensions. http://www.w3.org/2011/09/sponsor-pr.html.en

I think currently a lot of companies, known and unknown, are silently working on projects that will give Ripple and XRP a usecase. They don't have to, or on purpose are not shouting it from the rooftops. Like @Stormchaser417 said the best way up is gradually and by usecase, not create a speculative bubble again.

Let the big boys do their work, and if they believe it is the future, they will make it the future.

We seems that Google is doing nothing.If Google comes from the beginning and Google makes an ecosystem, Ecosystem will focus on Google.
Probably Google doesn’t want it. Google is familiar with open source and grassroots movement.
After practical use and commercialization of XRP, I also think Google has the possibility to incorporate XRP into its own service.
Recent venture capital and accelerator also provide advice and market information as well as funds.
I think Google Ventures and Ripple are talking about strategies and plans for future money.
Because there is a possibility to change the lives of many people.
But we also need to watch it quietly.

Edited by hamasugu