karlos

4.4.0 Update

15 minutes ago, karlos said:

The forum is now updated to 4.4.0. Can you please let me know if you encounter any bugs/issues. Thanks!

There seems to be a problem opening threads in clubs, they open eventually but are doing some random freaky dance moves in the meantime:banana:

I’m seeing some laggy script type artefacts....   eg I ticked a thank you on a post and the posts above changed from the greyed out heart to be a coloured Thank you icon.   After scrolling a bit they returned to grey hearts.

Never seen this type of thing previously.  Also the forum feels more laggy.  That could be subjective and incorrect though.

2 hours ago, cmbartley said:

What changes were made?

It's pretty much all backend stuff for SEO and trying to speed up the site. Although there is now native GIPHY support:

GIPHY2.png

Also I spent a bit of time updating the Links & Resources section, pruning old links and adding a few ones.

19 hours ago, karlos said:

The forum is now updated to 4.4.0. Can you please let me know if you encounter any bugs/issues. Thanks!

Previously clicking on the title of a post in Unread Content would take you to the last post in the thread, now it takes you to the very first post.

2 hours ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Previously clicking on the title of a post in Unread Content would take you to the last post in the thread, now it takes you to the very first post.

I thought it was always like that.  I wish at least the title or the “n replies” link would take you to the first unread,  but it’s never been so as far as I know.  Title goes to first post and Replies goes to last.  I could be wrong though...  I am losing my marbles I think...  :) 

47 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I thought it was always like that.  I wish at least the title or the “n replies” link would take you to the first unread,  but it’s never been so as far as I know.  Title goes to first post and Replies goes to last.  I could be wrong though...  I am losing my marbles I think...  :) 

The dot at the start of the post title goes to first unread. I never knew Replies goes to the last post - useful!

On 2/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, karlos said:

There is the option to change it. If you prefer, I can make the title go to the first unread post.

I preferred the old way like @PunishmentOfLuxury, but as @Tinyaccount mentioned the small blue dot now does that function!

I certainly missed the "go to first unread post" feature. Good to know that the blue dot does the same, but that's not easy to discover. I'd recommend switching back to old behavior (click on title goes to first unread). Since the title is also bold if there is unread content, that is what you'd expect.

On 2/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, cmbartley said:

What changes were made?

My avatar is no longer pink and when clicking on a thread in "unread content", it loads the first page instead of the post that I've last seen.

Both very serious regressions imho.

1 hour ago, Sukrim said:

My avatar is no longer pink and when clicking on a thread in "unread content", it loads the first page instead of the post that I've last seen.

Both very serious regressions imho.

Particularly the pink....    you’ve always looked very fetching in pink.   :)