9 hours ago, Simoun said:

image.png.af1f2d7ceda4cfe61ec8ee7789719490.png

I first came across the DTCC connection from Darren's extensive research (Twitter handle @fame21moore).  He also mentioned this interesting thought:

Yeah and I contacted DTCC directly and the lady that was working in the project said they are not working Ripple or xrp.  I mentioned this in discord and even from the horse mouth they didn’t want to believe it. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From an MV37 Q3 2018 whitepaper:      

If you recall, there were two distinct volume surges on 9/20 and 9/21 last year.  Both occurred at 12:00 UTC.  Volume and price were then sustained, albeit some market aftershocks up and down. MV

Are you guys telling me to buy more ?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, tony71 said:

Yeah and I contacted DTCC directly and the lady that was working in the project said they are not working Ripple or xrp.  I mentioned this in discord and even from the horse mouth they didn’t want to believe it. 

Possibly due to a non-disclosure agreement?

Much like anything else in this industry... we'll all just have to speculate until there is irrefutable evidence to support it.

Edited by eXtRaPolate
text edit

@Dario_o As far as I understand, they confirmed their tests to have been undertaken last September. This somewhat coincides with the positive price action we saw. The price action and volume seemed to pop at the same time each day suggesting a singular entity. Someone please correct me if I am incorrect. 

Edited by Rust
sp.
On 2/23/2019 at 12:45 AM, tony71 said:

You did share your correspondence with DTCC, but to say that ‘nobody wanted to believe’ it is disingenuous. You asked if they were working with Ripple and/or using XRP directly - which of course she said they weren’t.

The question at hand was surrounding Corda Settler, not whether or not DTCC would be utilizing XRP directly. I replied to you, with this video interview of the woman you spoke to, where she describes the testing - and I remember saying something to the effect of ‘here it is, straight from the horses mouth’ — if for no other reason than to put it up alongside your correspondence for reference - so it’s funny that you present the issue here in the way you did. :acute:

Anyhow - here is the interview for those that may not have seen it. Decide for yourselves what it means and what it might point to.

http://www.dtcc.com/dtcc-connection/articles/2019/january/03/settling-equities-on-the-blockchain

Think Big :drinks:

Edited by CountZerpula

It’s simple she said they are not working with Ripple nor using xrp.  No matter what they say you guys just love to spin it and use any excuse that xrp is being used.    If BG123 dropped a riddle saying xrp won’t ever go to $1 then you guys probably interpret it that oh he is saying it will be $100. lol 

having lunch with one of the guys working on regulations on at SEC this Friday. What if he gives some bad news are you guys going to turn it into positive news??  Although he did days things are looking good and to expect something. :-)

Here is the email. Where does it say xrp is being used?

Hi Tony, with regards to your questions below:

DTCC's implementation of DLT and Cloud for the Trade Information Warehouse is currently in the user acceptance testing phase.  A go live date has not been set yet but is targeted for later 2019.

DTCC explores and monitors the progress of the DLT and crypto currency/token space, however we do not have any current plans to implement XRP

Regards,

Jennifer

MD, Head of Solutions Business Development

Co-head Office of Fintech Strategy

DTCC Jersey City

In press release it says they did 115000000 transactions in one day. 

That is 1330 tps, something xrp can achieve.

Then again, why would R3 use DTCC for testing xrp instead of Ripple? I mean, it is not a secret R3 will use xrp for settlement. But then again, they have also annoucned they will use xrp for now but will add more DA later. Maybe this one from DTCC?

Dunno, for me it is all fake news until we get official annoucment. I dont care if it is good news or bad. I dont care about dots connecting and logical thinking: If A=B  and B=C, that means A=C.

Navin Gupta said it will be all or nothing, for now it is nothing. It is all nicely painted, but show me the numbers! Show me xrapid numbers! Check codius numbers, 30 contracts. Kinda pathetic.

And with all wash trading, pumping volume, ripples progmatic sales hurts xrp price. Well, even if they stop progmatic sales, only real adoption can pump xrp price. For now, only ripple is clear winner. 

Sorry for rant, rough day :)

15 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

In press release it says they did 115000000 transactions in one day. 

That is 1330 tps, something xrp can achieve.

Then again, why would R3 use DTCC for testing xrp instead of Ripple? I mean, it is not a secret R3 will use xrp for settlement. But then again, they have also annoucned they will use xrp for now but will add more DA later. Maybe this one from DTCC?

Dunno, for me it is all fake news until we get official annoucment. I dont care if it is good news or bad. I dont care about dots connecting and logical thinking: If A=B  and B=C, that means A=C.

Navin Gupta said it will be all or nothing, for now it is nothing. It is all nicely painted, but show me the numbers! Show me xrapid numbers! Check codius numbers, 30 contracts. Kinda pathetic.

And with all wash trading, pumping volume, ripples progmatic sales hurts xrp price. Well, even if they stop progmatic sales, only real adoption can pump xrp price. For now, only ripple is clear winner. 

Sorry for rant, rough day :)

Yea I hear ya.......my wife pokes at me just about everyday.  There were several of us couples that all sat, talked, debated, laughed, cried, and even lectured each other on options.  in the end we all invested about the same and we are all still in the game....they are winning more than me.....I am waiting for they day when they are no longer laughing at my choice to go heavy #XRP #HODL

On 2/23/2019 at 12:01 AM, fiik said:

From Accenture...

https://ambcrypto.com/ripples-cross-border-transactions-will-grow-significantly-says-accentures-global-payments-managing-director/

Ripple’s cross-border transactions will grow significantly, says Accenture’s Global Payments Managing Director

By Akash Girimath Published February 26, 2019

“Ripple’s network for cross-border transactions will continue to grow significantly, attracting more banks and corporates, leading to rising transaction volumes.”