16 minutes ago, Simoun said:

If you recall, there were two distinct volume surges on 9/20 and 9/21 last year.  Both occurred at 12:00 UTC.  Volume and price were then sustained, albeit some market aftershocks up and down.

MV37 specifically noted that two performance tests were run.  This aligns well with the two pumps.  

And DTCC is going live in May this year.

Do we know if the Digital Asset company utilizes XRP as well?

Why would R3 prop up any other digital asset? I am sure corda could settle with any but explain to me why as a vested company you would prop up any other over XRP? It just does not make logical business sense that they would prop up any other when it comes to using DA's for settlement. So when Digital asset -R3-and settlements are mentioned in the same breathe it's probably safe to assume this is going to be XRP if it doesn't mention DA's then I wouldn't reach that far.  Unless the term Digital Asset is being used in a totally different manner here and then who knows. My bet is on XRP being the DA discussed here though for the simple fact it serves R3's agenda to push XRP for settlement "You don't go to court and fight for something you have no purpose for."

Edited by RikkiTikki

Does anyone know how to look at the ledger tps on those two days?  If the idea that this testing led to the massive spike in price we should see a huge spike in ledger tps.

Sorry this is just total transactions, not tps

TPS.JPG

Edited by Bettergoham
Added TPS: There is clearly a spike in volume and a subsequent decrease

7 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

Why would R3 prop up any other digital asset? I am sure corda could settle with any but explain to me why as a vested company you would prop up any other over XRP? It just does not make logical business sense that they would prop up any other when it comes to using DA's for settlement.

Liquidity.  Bitcoin has more liquidity, although slower.  But hours is better than days if the liquidity is in BTC and not enough in XRP.

Edited by spiras

8 minutes ago, spiras said:

Liquidity.  Bitcoin has more liquidity, although slower.  But hours is better than days if the liquidity is in BTC and not enough in XRP.

Name me one financial institution or retail, etc using Bitcoin for settlement even with the so called liquidity you mentioned?   What about the cost factor?  I'll wait  Tick, Tock?  I will make it even simpler give me one that is exploring, testing, or have plans to use bitcoin for settlement purposes?

Edited by RikkiTikki

28 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

Name me one financial institution or retail, etc using Bitcoin for settlement even with the so called liquidity you mentioned?   What about the cost factor?  I'll wait  Tick, Tock?  I will make it even simpler give me one that is exploring, testing, or have plans to use bitcoin for settlement purposes?

I just answered your first question. Why would R3 prop up any other digital assets. I can also give you reasons why they wouldn't. 

But I don't know nor do I care what financial institutions have plans to use Bitcoin.

Are you suggesting that XRP has more liquidity right now than BTC?  

Are you suggesting that BTC can't settle faster than FIAT?

Are you suggesting that BTC would be more expensive that settling in FIAT?

If XRP doesn't have the liquidity needed for a transaction, are you suggesting that FIAT would be a better alternative than settling with BTC?

There is your answer to your original question.  That is why R3 would consider propping up BTC.  

Let's be real.

Disclaimer.  I own no BTC.  I hate BTC. I think BTC sucks.  

1 hour ago, RikkiTikki said:

Why would R3 prop up any other digital asset? I am sure corda could settle with any but explain to me why as a vested company you would prop up any other over XRP? It just does not make logical business sense that they would prop up any other when it comes to using DA's for settlement. So when Digital asset -R3-and settlements are mentioned in the same breathe it's probably safe to assume this is going to be XRP if it doesn't mention DA's then I wouldn't reach that far.  Unless the term Digital Asset is being used in a totally different manner here and then who knows. My bet is on XRP being the DA discussed here though for the simple fact it serves R3's agenda to push XRP for settlement "You don't go to court and fight for something you have no purpose for."

Digital Asset isn’t being used as a term here. It’s a company, one of mv37’s partners.

http://www.digitalasset.com/