Django

Help me to calm down my girlfriend // 1$

9 hours ago, Django said:

Hi folks,

my girlfriend is losing her nerves with the current XRP price cause we have invested a few bugs. :girl_cray2: I always tell her, it will shure go back up over 1$ (at about 0,92$ she would be at 0) in the next years but i am not able to show here some facts why it will rise. She is so smart and always finds a counter-argument. :aggressive:  So please help me to clam here down with some facts. :help:

Thank you guys! :lol:

What if your girlfriend is you? 😬

10 hours ago, Django said:

it will shure go back up over 1$ (at about 0,92$ she would be at 0) in the next years but i am not able to show here some facts why it will rise. She is so smart and always finds a counter-argument. :aggressive:  S

Is her name Frances Coppola by any chance? 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

5 hours ago, Truckdriver said:

The most serious kind sir , any tactical advice ? CQB might be in order here or just a quite retreat.

Just blow the bridge, start advancing and leave her standing on the other side. If she wants to join again....she has to swim & run to catch up...

Edited by Erik156

10 minutes ago, Erik156 said:

Just blow the bridge and leave her standing on the other side. If she wants to join again....she has to swim

Brilliant,  best advice so far , that had me laughing my arse off,  water temp down a bit at the moment, that would test her resolve. :)

19 hours ago, zerpdigger said:

no risk, no reward -- end of the day, when you invest in anything you should have an exit strategy

you either decide to stick it out, or change it up

what's awful, is being inbetween -- you need to be confident and forget about it for a while, or pull out, but don't be in that inbetween stage

Spot on.  I've had this conversation more than once:-

friend : "Wow, you're so enthusiastic about XRP - should I invest in XRP?"

me:  "NO, unless you decide to really do some deep research and get enthusiastic about XRP yourself - from your own research"

friend: "but...you've already done your research, so as a short-cut I'll just buy XRP since you've done all the work and I won't blame you if the price goes down"

me: "the point of research is that it strengthens your hands if/when you're deep underwater on your investment.  If you don't know the potential of what you're holding, you're more likely to dump it when in doubt.  There's no real shortcut to that"

There's so much ridiculous FUD out there that my own influence on such an investor is very limited - without your own research, it's easy to fall for FUD and fall into that "inbetween stage".

20 hours ago, Django said:

Hi folks,

my girlfriend is losing her nerves with the current XRP price cause we have invested a few bugs. :girl_cray2: I always tell her, it will shure go back up over 1$ (at about 0,92$ she would be at 0) in the next years but i am not able to show here some facts why it will rise. She is so smart and always finds a counter-argument. :aggressive:  So please help me to clam here down with some facts. :help:

Get rid of her

21 hours ago, Django said:

Hi folks,

Lol.....you ain't seen nothing yet man , just wait till you get married. If you need help with this one you're really gonna be up Sh** Creek once you tie the knot. 

Put the amount of xrp she bought on a ledger and give it to her , wash your hands of all responsibility for her investment because I'll bet she expects the whole sum  at cash out without taking tax into account . 

Women are not to be trusted ever .

I bought 10 BTC @ $500 in the summer of 2014. Watched it drop to below $200 and then recover to $400 in the winter of 2015. At that point, my wife wanted to sell since we had almost recouped our losses. We sold and the rest is history.

Not promising XRP will follow BTC’s past trajectory but I’ll tell you we both like to torture ourselves with “what-if” scanarios knowing what we know now.