Django

Help me to calm down my girlfriend // 1$

Hi folks,

my girlfriend is losing her nerves with the current XRP price cause we have invested a few bugs. :girl_cray2: I always tell her, it will shure go back up over 1$ (at about 0,92$ she would be at 0) in the next years but i am not able to show here some facts why it will rise. She is so smart and always finds a counter-argument. :aggressive:  So please help me to clam here down with some facts. :help:

Thank you guys! :lol:

Well your first mistake was getting her involved. Only joking, -- somewhat. It's very easy for a partner to say "yes that sounds like a good idea" and when it goes up say "oh baby, this is fantastic, I love you" but its also easy for them to say "you numbskull, it keeps going down!! I need that money for X and Y and Z" then you sell, and then it moons.

no risk, no reward -- end of the day, when you invest in anything you should have an exit strategy

you either decide to stick it out, or change it up

what's awful, is being inbetween -- you need to be confident and forget about it for a while, or pull out, but don't be in that inbetween stage

26 minutes ago, Django said:

Hi folks,

my girlfriend is losing her nerves with the current XRP price cause we have invested a few bugs. :girl_cray2: I always tell her, it will shure go back up over 1$ (at about 0,92$ she would be at 0) in the next years but i am not able to show here some facts why it will rise. She is so smart and always finds a counter-argument. :aggressive:  So please help me to clam here down with some facts. :help:

Thank you guys! :lol:

in under a week we went from 0.25 to 0.80 on the xrapid hype a $1 will be easy when the market returns.

Since it's your girlfriend not your wife, this is what I would do. I'm sure she is an amazing person but you are not married. For all you know she may dump you at some point and I would imagine you two will end up in court over the xrp. Sell off enough to give her the money she invested. 100% pay her back. Then apologize, because she was right. NEVER, mention your investment again. If you want, continue to hold what remains and continue to buy more if you're so inclined. If xrp makes you wealthy remind her that you took a loss for her and she is not entitled to any profits. 

Edited by LordVetinari

28 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Since it's your girlfriend not your wife, this is what I would do. I'm sure she is an amazing person but you are not married. For all you know she may dump you at some point and I would imagine you two will end up in court over the xrp. Sell off enough to give her the money she invested. 100% pay her back. Then apologize, because she was right. NEVER, mention your investment again. If you want, continue to hold what remains and continue to buy more if you're so inclined. If xrp makes you wealthy remind her that you took a loss for her and she is not entitled to any profits. 

Excellent advise. The only thing she’ll be doing in a few years is ...:girl_cray2:

You'll never win my friend , in debates (arguments)  she might not be right but she'll never be wrong,  confusing? They certainly are. Stay strong ,stay true, treat her like a queen and be patient. Don't  be that guy that bailed and live in regret . Be positive,  if it turns to custard , get a second job and pole dance for tips :biggrin:.

First of all acknowledge that it is her money and she makes the decision

Secondly make sure she has no hard feelings towards you continuing with your investment

Thirdly point out that during this development phase no crypto has any "fundamental" value (as pointed out by Kitao/SBI) which means the value can fluctuate hugely according to the sentiment of the investors.  It can go very high or very low in this phase of Ripple/XRP development.  In this phase XRP is very susceptible to changes in sentiment of investors, and that sentiment can be very adversely affected by the enemies of XRP spreading FUD.  

The prices will change with the sentiment towards the XRP.  This sentiment is likely to get much more positive as the currency becomes adopted and used by all the very many partners of XRP/Ripple/R3 Corda/COIL/XPring/Codius.   So the price will be pushed up not only by utility but increasing positive sentiment too.  Everyone who is holding is doing so because they are expecting the price will go very high very fast.

Don't make any commitments you would regret, like promising to sell yours if the price goes down or stays low for another year.

In the end it is her money and her choice.  You are firm in your belief and willing to ride the rough weather, even if it takes years and goes lower, but she must make her own decisions.

Edited by Julian_Williams

could be a good one if you tell her that nothing will happen until september because a international regulation wich affects all the blockchain business. So you will be quieter and including summer time :clapping: