Rickyh89

XRP ledger available for developer ideas

Myself and afew other community members are putting together a website that users can use to interact with the ledger. We already have a server setup with the full ledger being downloaded.(75% done) The websites main purpose will be for analyzing the ledger data in various ways as well as keeping track of wallets and more. As of now there is a ton of information scattered across the community in spreadsheets and we are really hoping to provide a place that allows everyone a chance to get a nice visual and interactive, All in one experience. There are members in the community that go well out of their way to provide data. However, there is not much of a way for everyone to add to that data. We have many ideas being worked on for the site and would not mind other members to get involved, whether it is ideas they would like to see or developers who want to be hands on. Feel free to PM me on here or same username inside the XRP discord!

Yeah sure... it’s a community project. I put some money up for server to get us going and see where we end up with traffic. Hopefully people are interested when done.

Edited by Rickyh89
Add content

3 hours ago, Archbob said:

I just want a feature so I can see how much total volume x-rapid transfers are doing.

You can do ballpark figures by looking at inter-exchange XRP traffic and analyzing if they re-use destination tags to calculate/estimate total deposits/withdrawals per internal account.

I mean, I'm looking at the xrpcharts and the ledger amounts and looking at the green amounts(going to ledgers via bitstamp. About as close as I can get right now.

6 hours ago, Archbob said:

I just want a feature so I can see how much total volume x-rapid transfers are doing.

Haha, don’t we all... we have some great ideas for working with ledger and exchange API but it’s not very likely to get accurate results. Does not mean we won’t try though! I have a lot of work to do once this enormous download finished. The escrow account transactions will be ripped apart and documented and hopefully with the exchanges API we can do some further research. We know that customers of ripple will be getting xrp from the escrow so once I start a DB of all those recieving wallets, I can write some scripts to see how many of them interact with which exchanges and when they were created etc. much to be done but we might get a glimpse of afew customer wallets and with exchanges API maybe even draw some conclusions. this is why help is always good to have. This kind of stuff needs people thinking outside the box to create algorithms.

Edited by Rickyh89
Grammar

5 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Have you gotten in contact with bithomp.com and xrpscan.com? Sounds like there could be some overlap...

I do not think we will overlap xrpscan or bithomp. xrpscan seems to be using with ripple api calls and just displaying current information with a single call. We are going much deeper than that with ledger. Much of the results from api calls are limited due to the size of the ledger so many of those calls will not go back into old ledgers or show entire query results without using markers which also timeout. Our server holds entire DB for ledger and will be making update scripts to ensure we always have newest closed ledgers to search. Essentially the BigQuery that weist made but without having to run out of data after 4 full query results. Thanks to him btw for download information and helping us to keep dB updated.

Bithomp, I don’t see us overlapping either for many of the same reasons. However they do provide a very easy way to interact with an accounts data, then being able to click on that data to go even further is really cool. We will be doing much more analysis with ledger data. We MIGHT not even have a search bar for people to lookup a single transaction but this is group project so I don’t intend to make those descision alone but Bithomp covers that really well... one example is we likely will have a search bar that crosses against all DBs filled with wallets associated to escrow, ripple, ripple associates, wallets with signature keys that link to previously stated people etc. I think just us hosting multiple DB of wallet ownership will help condense all the personal ones people have made is needed. Then allowing everyone access to see how they link together, following traffic volume and how they are interacting with other wallets/exchanges. Exchange to exchange traffic also is being looked at, so There is so much to break down. So we are trying to find a mix of user friendly options as well as very in-depth results to volume, ownership, exchange wash trading(possibly) etc. I could go on listing many ideas we plan to follow but to answer the initial concern... I don’t think we will have any trouble with existing platforms overlap.

We welcome anyone who wants to be hands on. Having all the data is just one step of a solution. Displaying that much information to people who may not be as knowledgeable is another whole challenge. 

Edited by Rickyh89

3 hours ago, Rickyh89 said:

I do not think we will overlap xrpscan or bithomp. xrpscan seems to be using with ripple api calls and just displaying current information with a single call. We are going much deeper than that with ledger. Much of the results from api calls are limited due to the size of the ledger so many of those calls will not go back into old ledgers or show entire query results without using markers which also timeout. Our server holds entire DB for ledger and will be making update scripts to ensure we always have newest closed ledgers to search. Essentially the BigQuery that weist made but without having to run out of data after 4 full query results. Thanks to him btw for download information and helping us to keep dB updated.

Bithomp, I don’t see us overlapping either for many of the same reasons. However they do provide a very easy way to interact with an accounts data, then being able to click on that data to go even further is really cool. We will be doing much more analysis with ledger data. We MIGHT not even have a search bar for people to lookup a single transaction but this is group project so I don’t intend to make those descision alone but Bithomp covers that really well... one example is we likely will have a search bar that crosses against all DBs filled with wallets associated to escrow, ripple, ripple associates, wallets with signature keys that link to previously stated people etc. I think just us hosting multiple DB of wallet ownership will help condense all the personal ones people have made is needed. Then allowing everyone access to see how they link together, following traffic volume and how they are interacting with other wallets/exchanges. Exchange to exchange traffic also is being looked at, so There is so much to break down. So we are trying to find a mix of user friendly options as well as very in-depth results to volume, ownership, exchange wash trading(possibly) etc. I could go on listing many ideas we plan to follow but to answer the initial concern... I don’t think we will have any trouble with existing platforms overlap.

We welcome anyone who wants to be hands on. Having all the data is just one step of a solution. Displaying that much information to people who may not be as knowledgeable is another whole challenge. 

We're doing something similar (deep ledger analysis): http://wipple.devnull.network/

Shout out (here or private message) if you're interested in collaborating.

52 minutes ago, devnullprod said:

We're doing something similar (deep ledger analysis): http://wipple.devnull.network/

Shout out (here or private message) if you're interested in collaborating.

Wow, this is cool! We already have a lot of headway done so far and will finish our site but it’s nice to see how informative the site is. Cool to know there’s so much support from knowledgeable people in the XRP community. I may PM you once we start organizing our queries , I think we could share a lot of data sometime soon.

4 minutes ago, Rickyh89 said:

Wow, this is cool! We already have a lot of headway done so far and will finish our site but it’s nice to see how informative the site is. Cool to know there’s so much support from knowledgeable people in the XRP community. I may PM you once we start organizing our queries , I think we could share a lot of data sometime soon.

Awesome, no sweat, the beauty about being to the game this early is there are so many possibilities for implementations. They way we see it is it doesn't even matter if there is some overlap in feature sets between sites, different users have different preferences and will be drawn to different platforms and interfaces. We each just have to doing our own awesome thing and the entire ecosystem will benefit as a whole (including increased adoption of XRP). As features shore up and developer interest becomes more concrete different groups can come together and collaborate in different ways.

Definitely looking forwards to seeing what you'll produce, keep us posted!

35 minutes ago, devnullprod said:

Awesome, no sweat, the beauty about being to the game this early is there are so many possibilities for implementations. They way we see it is it doesn't even matter if there is some overlap in feature sets between sites, different users have different preferences and will be drawn to different platforms and interfaces. We each just have to doing our own awesome thing and the entire ecosystem will benefit as a whole (including increased adoption of XRP). As features shore up and developer interest becomes more concrete different groups can come together and collaborate in different ways.

Definitely looking forwards to seeing what you'll produce, keep us posted!

I will for sure... The best part is seeing the different ways everyone visualizes the data and with so many sites popping up that are all unique, people who do not have any computer background can still learn the ledger. I am hoping to allow people to sign up and if they do then we can create some sort of query ability for those users. Like bigquery but won’t run out of data. This will be more realistic the more spread out I can get the data people commonly look for. Continuous 2.4TB dB queries would be pretty heavy. Like I said before so many ideas and hoping most can be accomplished!

20 hours ago, Rickyh89 said:

This looks like a great initiative! You are correct in your assertion that xrpscan.com doesn't do deep ledger analytics. That, in fact, is our current goal - to provide great UX for shallow XRPL queries and aim to be the fastest ledger explorer. We use Ripple's Data API in 3 places:

• Historical transactions
  • Historical payments
  • Validator analytics

Everything else is powered by our own rippled instance. Ours isn't configured as a full history server, but it's great to see other projects setting up full history servers.

That said, if you're interested we can contribute our cache of RippleTrade username mappings. Let me know what you think!