Earn 9% interest on XRP

[Placeholder:  I have some stories about Uphold and its security practices.  I don't know how they end yet.  Maybe, fine - maybe not.  Right now, I haven't heard back, on my most recent find.  And they don't list a "security officer" to alert - frontline staff are contractors who don't know anything and just copy/paste answers.  I used to like Uphold; we'll see.  I certainly "trust" them a hell of a lot less, after they let ALL customers names/emails get stolen, a while back, after which there was a huge phishing attack.  One would have thought, after that, that they would have listened to one of their own customers telling them about a security vulnerability...  Now on Day Two.]

Edited by NightJanitor

annoys me a bit that they opened up on a lower rate then burned those customers by suddenly being all like .... "ooops sorry now we're almost doubling the rate but yeeeeaaahhh, you can't get in on it unless you give us more of your crypto"

16 hours ago, ZX81_1k said:

https://medium.com/@ihaveCred/credearn-introduces-higher-rates-and-special-benefits-to-lba-holders-69d5bf8fcc64

CredEarn and Uphold Lockup your XRP and earn 9% interest if you hold some LBA tokens.

I had asked them about this a while back.  They initially had XRP at  5% and BTC at 10%.   I'd like it to be the same across the board, but it's good that they're narrowing the gap!

I guess the requirement for LBA tokens isn't that bad, but it seems like an artificially-created demand for a rent-seeking token:

If you hold 10,000 LBA tokens, currently valued at around $100, you will be eligible to earn 9% on XRP

But I'm not going to judge: if that's how they make their profits, then so be it. 

On 2/22/2019 at 3:55 PM, Hodor said:

I had asked them about this a while back.  They initially had XRP at  5% and BTC at 10%.   I'd like it to be the same across the board, but it's good that they're narrowing the gap!

I guess the requirement for LBA tokens isn't that bad, but it seems like an artificially-created demand for a rent-seeking token:

But I'm not going to judge: if that's how they make their profits, then so be it. 

Can you withdraw it when you want? Are the interest paid daily/weekly or yearly?

1 hour ago, Buy_XRP said:

Can you withdraw it when you want? Are the interest paid daily/weekly or yearly?

I would assume part of the deal is that you have to hand over custody?  How would it work any other way... maybe a two-party escrow?  Smart contract? 

I'm also not sure about the terms of the interest payout: These are excellent questions for a CredEarn rep though! 

On 2/25/2019 at 2:08 AM, Jimmyt said:

When it is too good to be true, it probably is.  You don't need a PhD degree to know that nobody can pay 9% interest in today's environment.  Chances are this is a Ponzi scheme. You have been warned!

Have to agree.

What are they doing with our XRP which is giving enough return to them to pay us out at 9%.... :blink: