MegaNerd

Will XRP *EVER* hit $1,000? *Poll*

Will XRP *EVER* hit $1,000?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Will XRP *EVER* hit $1,000?

• Absolutely. Given enough time, even decades from now and XRP will hit $1,000
    • Never! It simply is not possible.

7 minutes ago, WillGetThere said:

I think its not correct to compare USD to XRP and imply inflation/FV/US Debt principles to forecast XRP value.

Just wanted to point out the implication of measuring against an asset that is pretty much guaranteed to lose 91% of its value in the next 100 years, as it has lost 93% of its value in the last 100 years. I think many people underestimate the impact of inflation over inflation over inflation...

51 minutes ago, lucky said:

True, but I don't expect the world to collectively migrate to technology restricted by patents. That did not work for video codecs either.

Fair point. So let's say that we're talking about open source technology that fulfills some interoperability requirements such that the token/coin/currency can be easily incorporated into existing systems. XRP could find itself running to catch up and in the meantime, the challenger is taking over utility cases previously fulfilled by XRP. Would you consider that a possibility? I'm just trying to figure out how things might pan out when the inevitable challenge arises.

4 hours ago, lucky said:

To those who answer "never"...

The inflation in 2018 was 2.54%. Project that over 100 years, and $1,000 will only be worth $76 in today's value.

XRP having a value of $76 in 100 years, calculated in today's dollar value, sounds less impossible, doesn't it?

Not even considering the scenario that the dollar will implode (thereby conveniently "fixing" the us debt).

I disagree with $1,000 if it is in terms of present value based on what others have said, some sort of integration with a superior technology will come.

I would sadly agree the last statement could be a possibility but then we would need the poll to reflect the Chinese REN in lieu of the US Dollar in America.

DAJ7WNKG

The 1W pattern on Ripple is a parabola. With 0.24717 holding since August 2018, an upside momentum is being built. That is largely thanks to the double bottom at 0.28600 on December and January. As long a 0.28600 holds, I expect the parabola to trade the bullish sequence in a similar fashion it traded the bearish , making a symmetrical pattern. This has the potential to hit 0.92000 before the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Kavabata said:

DAJ7WNKG

The 1W pattern on Ripple is a parabola. With 0.24717 holding since August 2018, an upside momentum is being built. That is largely thanks to the double bottom at 0.28600 on December and January. As long a 0.28600 holds, I expect the parabola to trade the bullish sequence in a similar fashion it traded the bearish , making a symmetrical pattern. This has the potential to hit 0.92000 before the end of the year.

Dude, i mean this in the nicest way - you might want to stop calling XRP "Ripple"

I am not sure why is this even a question...xrp will be transfering all the markets in the world..including completely new and different ones so at some point in the timeline, xrp will be worth ALL The Values transefered on all the markets/(100000000000 - destroyed xrp) which leads to 1 xrp eventually being worth ALL.

so yes i believe xrp will eventualy be worth 1000*anything tradeable, including $

On 2/19/2019 at 12:48 AM, lucky said:

The inflation in 2018 was 2.54%. Project that over 100 years, and $1,000 will only be worth $76 in today's value.

XRP having a value of $76 in 100 years, calculated in today's dollar value, sounds less impossible, doesn't it?

Not even considering the scenario that the dollar will implode (thereby conveniently "fixing" the us debt).

This^ absolutely - if you're talking about dollars in decades, they'll be worth much less - factoring in inflation.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, lucky said:

Just wanted to point out the implication of measuring against an asset that is pretty much guaranteed to lose 91% of its value in the next 100 years, as it has lost 93% of its value in the last 100 years. I think many people underestimate the impact of inflation over inflation over inflation...

i would agree, once the market grows and become more stable then why would you hold fiat when your purchasing power will decrease over time. The only reason people don't use fixed asset like gold is you can't spend it easily you can with crypto. When XRP penetrates the financial system it will have a cascading effect through different sectors and markets. We are so early in the game you can't rule anything out. Do I think it cant hit $1000 yes but $1000 might not be worth that much in the future...

Edited by sharpn

On 2/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, sharpn said:

i would agree, once the market grows and become more stable then why would you hold fiat when your purchasing power will decrease over time. The only reason people don't use fixed asset like gold is you can't spend it easily you can with crypto. When XRP penetrates the financial system it will have a cascading effect through different sectors and markets. We are so early in the game you can't rule anything out. Do I think it cant hit $1000 yes but $1000 might not be worth that much in the future...

Fun Fact: Gold also inflates about 1.5% a year because since Gold is never destroyed and only recycled and we are constantly mining it from the ground, its supply is always increasing.

I really can't compare any crypto to Gold or Silver seeing as how all cryptos are basically created out of thin air and don't have an actual manufacturing value like precious metals.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:48 AM, lucky said:

So in short: I will be a millionaire in the future but I won't be actually rich even then :JC_thinking:

On 2/18/2019 at 6:49 PM, BluKoo said:

Sometimes I think $1000 per XRP is ridiculous. But then I'm reminded of this chart and then I start working out the spec of my yacht.

f1f6xyvcdti01.png

Please stop sharing this Chart, which is absolutely fake. The multiplication is not right, the red boxes on swift should be divided by 10 actually! My gosh, people share things which they don't even check