MegaNerd

Will XRP *EVER* hit $1,000? *Poll*

Will XRP *EVER* hit $1,000?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Will XRP *EVER* hit $1,000?

• Absolutely. Given enough time, even decades from now and XRP will hit $1,000
    • Never! It simply is not possible.

10 minutes ago, BluKoo said:

Sometimes I think $1000 per XRP is ridiculous. But then I'm reminded of this chart and then I start working out the spec of my yacht.

f1f6xyvcdti01.png

Correct. This is my thinking. We're way too early here to even be allowed to think about $1000. It's laughable. But when I find myself running numbers, back in 2010 it should have technically been absolutely, 100% positively impossibly absurd to ever think BTC would EVER go above $1,000 and yet it hit $20,000. Imagine being in 2010 in Bitcoin forums and telling the members that you have a feeling Bitcoin is going to hit $20,000 in just a few years. You would have probably been banned as they shoved 'market cap' darts down your throat. 

Edited by MegaNerd

If daily liquidity is something like 6% of market cap (right now, we're at 6% of market cap), and we capture a third of the market (10T of daily liquidity), that's 166T which works out to $1,660 a coin if all coins are on the market. 

We have the potential of going much higher than that, or never getting close to it. I'm not convinced there's a ceiling or floor.

If a better asset comes along, it will win.

If a better asset doesn't come along, politics will begin to play a stronger role in the price outcome. I don't think it's out of the question for digital assets to spark massive economic shifts and even war.

Edited by ADingoAteMyXRP

To those who answer "never"...

The inflation in 2018 was 2.54%. Project that over 100 years, and $1,000 will only be worth $76 in today's value.

XRP having a value of $76 in 100 years, calculated in today's dollar value, sounds less impossible, doesn't it?

Not even considering the scenario that the dollar will implode (thereby conveniently "fixing" the us debt).

There are so many influencing factors that I don't think it's possible to say it will definitely or will never hit $1000. I would love it if it did but it would require a LOT of things to fall into place so, to me, it seems pretty unlikely. I would suspect that XRP will be superseded by some superior technology before it reaches that point. God I would be happy to be proven wrong however!

37 minutes ago, Naimless said:

I would suspect that XRP will be superseded by some superior technology before it reaches that point.

Nothing but consensus stops the XRP validadors to upgrade to this superior technology through amendment voting.

3 minutes ago, lucky said:

Nothing but consensus stops the XRP validadors to upgrade to this superior technology through amendment voting.

Couldn't intellectual property rights prevent this if a challenger showed up with some better tech?

1 hour ago, lucky said:

To those who answer "never"...

The inflation in 2018 was 2.54%. Project that over 100 years, and $1,000 will only be worth $76 in today's value.

XRP having a value of $76 in 100 years, calculated in today's dollar value, sounds less impossible, doesn't it?

Not even considering the scenario that the dollar will implode (thereby conveniently "fixing" the us debt).

I think its not correct to compare USD to XRP and imply inflation/FV/US Debt principles to forecast XRP value.

I would also think with 100 years horizon, too risky and unpredictable given current state of affairs.

There are no benchmarks/researches/approaches to forecast XRP (or any other crypto value) based on. This is why returns can be wild hence the risks are the same.

Now i see two main risks to XRP being widely used: 1. Competition; 2. Politics.

Somehow I feel (probably its biased opinion) if XRP is not widely used (with XRP price mainly driven by use case demand) by end of 2020 it will lose quite of a traction/believers/investors.

1 minute ago, Naimless said:

Couldn't intellectual property rights prevent this if a challenger showed up with some better tech?

True, but I don't expect the world to collectively migrate to technology restricted by patents. That did not work for video codecs either.