Pauldb1806

XRP price after next bull run

As a long term hodler and first time poster, I have a question. After the next bull run and the price of xrp for arguments sake is $20, do we think the price will then hover around that mark, maybe drop a couple of bucks or repeat what has happened in the past and drop 90%. I'm asking because if we have utility at that point, surely the price would stay higher for xrp and the lesser coins drop back down to a higher low. 

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this. 

Cheers guys. 👍

My guess is that it will mostly depend on what will cause the value of XRP. When you don't see official announcements of XRP adoption or crypto in general I personally assume history will repeat itself. When there is proof of XRP adoption via official announcements or a major sustained volume surge on the Ledger I would say the price reflects it's real value and will remain stable.

36 minutes ago, Kavabata said:

amZiIoQi  Ripple price approaching our first resistance at 0.3454 (horizontal overlap resistance, 100% Fibonacci extension , 50% Fibonacci retracement ) where a strong bounce might occur below this level pushing price up to our major resistance at 0.3051 (horizontal swing low support, 78.6% Fibonacci retracement ). 
Stochastic (55,5,3) is also approaching resistance where we might see a corresponding drop in price. 
Trading CFDs on margin carries high risk. 
Losses can exceed the initial investment so please ensure you fully understand the risks. 

so I think it will be lower than it's now)

Sounds like you've been watching too much Prison Break my friend.

These TA predictions are a waste of time and useless in crypto as we've seen millions of times already.

Edited by Moonraker

44 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Sounds like you've been watching too much Prison Break my friend.

These TA predictions are a waste of time and useless in crypto as we've seen millions of times already.

This one maybe. But I think it’s naive to discount TA in crypto. As a developing market with increasing volume it is certain to start moving like a traditional market where TA is important. 

4 hours ago, Pauldb1806 said:

As a long term hodler and first time poster, I have a question. After the next bull run and the price of xrp for arguments sake is $20, do we think the price will then hover around that mark, maybe drop a couple of bucks or repeat what has happened in the past and drop 90%. I'm asking because if we have utility at that point, surely the price would stay higher for xrp and the lesser coins drop back down to a higher low. 

Cheers guys. 👍

It wont be $20 at the next run. $5 max in my opinion followed by mega drops

3 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Yes most of them. Support and resistance doesn't help in uncharted territory, however TA does provide us important insight on previous moves. 

2 hours ago, MrSensible said:

As a developing market with increasing volume it is certain to start moving like a traditional market where TA is important. 

Bingo. With hard caps on crypto, trade volume/money flow are the best two indicators. With crypto being a positive sum game, more money influx means means higher volume which correlates to higher value. 

17 hours ago, Kavabata said:

amZiIoQi  Ripple price approaching our first resistance at 0.3454 (horizontal overlap resistance, 100% Fibonacci extension , 50% Fibonacci retracement ) where a strong bounce might occur below this level pushing price up to our major resistance at 0.3051 (horizontal swing low support, 78.6% Fibonacci retracement ). 
Stochastic (55,5,3) is also approaching resistance where we might see a corresponding drop in price. 
Trading CFDs on margin carries high risk. 
Losses can exceed the initial investment so please ensure you fully understand the risks. 

so I think it will be lower than it's now)

You were spot on with the $0.345. I was again too scared but I could have made my stack substantially bigger if I were not so greedy.

Ofcourse it is a prolonged bearmarket so if something suddenly goes up 10% it will come down because there is no sustained bullish momentum....
I am wanting to slap my self.

2 hours ago, MMAleks92 said:

You were spot on with the $0.345. I was again too scared but I could have made my stack substantially bigger if I were not so greedy.

Ofcourse it is a prolonged bearmarket so if something suddenly goes up 10% it will come down because there is no sustained bullish momentum....

what do you mean? you wanted to sell at 0.345 to rebuy lower? it's already going up again

3 hours ago, MMAleks92 said:

Your way of thinking sounds more volatile than the underlying asset.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Pauldb1806 said:

Cheers guys. 👍

This is virgin territory, I'm not sure how anyone could really know. If we get another major pump like Dec of 2017, expect a major dip and correction again too. But if the pump/price increase is based upon actual utility, I'd expect the price to hold a bit higher due to ongoing interest / use cases.  Pump & Dump vs actual use and demand. 

i think its not the time yet for the price to go up healthy and for the right reasons so i expect it to go back to 0.25-0.30 after the bull run ....if  it happens soon..

On 2/18/2019 at 8:57 AM, Pauldb1806 said:

After the next bull run and the price of xrp for arguments sake is $20, do we think the price will then hover around that mark, maybe drop a couple of bucks or repeat what has happened in the past and drop 90%. I'm asking because if we have utility at that point, surely the price would stay higher for xrp and the lesser coins drop back down to a higher low. 

I don't think that there is such thing as a price stability for any asset traded on an open market (barring external intervention of sorts), regardless of utility.  Market prices individual assets based on perception of value, meaning that the end price is always speculative to some extent.  Whereas utility may drive up the baseline value/price, it is speculation that provides the multiplier.  Since speculation will thus always be present, 50%+ pullbacks will likewise always remain possible.

I'd like to think that once utility takes hold we will never see another 90% pullback ever again, but sadly I think that the two are largely separate from one another.  Regardless of the underlying utility driven value of xrp, the market will always have the ability to get way ahead of itself and drive xrp price to some greatly overvalued territory (20/50/100x baseline value?), and whatever overshoots the target to that extend tends to retract with equal force. 

So yeah - 90% pullback is as likely as a 10x gain, and we are all expecting 10/100x gains.

If we're expecting a pullback after the next bull run, then surely the sensible thing to do is sell your stack at what you hope is the peak and then rebuy back down at the bottom. I did this in the 2017 bull run, but with a much smaller investment. This time I'm older and wiser, with a 10x larger investment , I just wanted to get a sense from everyone if that would be the best strategy again this time around. 

20 minutes ago, Pauldb1806 said:

If we're expecting a pullback after the next bull run, then surely the sensible thing to do is sell your stack at what you hope is the peak and then rebuy back down at the bottom.

When you guys say SELL you mean open up a sell order or close the trade or investment? im  sorry for my naive question… because if is open a new sell order menwhile the buy is open, this its what i will do.