Old notebook ready. Looking forward to the OS. 

1 hour ago, tulo said:

Exited to see what their minds will produce :)

Don't go now. They just got started! 

2 hours ago, gamblin310 said:

Great news!

But what is the Cold Storage OS's advantage over Ledger?

I think when it's complete, his OS will have a much more complete set of XRPL functions available than the Ledger currently supports. 

I'll flag him here @xrptipbot

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

There are other interesting ideas being floated and I hope some of them are going to be picked up in future XPring,  COIL and Ripple projects

Woot!  Nice post @Julian_Williams! And I agree with this assessment: I know of at least 3-4 projects that deserve funding. 

Generally, I think Ripple likes to see a combination of criteria before they make the huge step of funding, but let's see what happens here in 2019! 

29 minutes ago, Hodor said:

least 3-4 projects that deserve funding. 

Curious what those projects are..

I think the community should also get the chance to vote on projects: like a place where Devs can submit their projects, the community votes on the projects paying something symbolic like 1 XRP. The project gets funded by xpring..That might be something for you to lobby for @Hodor ;)

51 minutes ago, zerpian said:

Curious what those projects are..

I think the community should also get the chance to vote on projects: like a place where Devs can submit their projects, the community votes on the projects paying something symbolic like 1 XRP. The project gets funded by xpring..That might be something for you to lobby for @Hodor ;)

The money spent is not our money so we cannot expect to have a right to say who should be funded, however there is a case for a community controlled fund to be set up from money earned from sales of XRP.    The money might be put under the supervision of some sort of XRP community body.  Maybe something set up by the UN for the development of blockchain and funding of useful projects for the world?

Suppose XRP reached $10 and Ripple still controled $55billion XRP - that would give them a war-chest worth $550 billion.  If the token continued to rise to $100 they would control $5.5 trillion.  This situation could happen very fast.  Ripple ownership of 60% of the un-circulating supply of XRP has to be addressed before they get them selves into the invidious position of becoming some sort of benevolent financial dictatorship..

The way Ripple managed the decentralising of the nodes was exemplary.  Perhaps now is the time to start setting up a fund for the accumulation of money from sales of unsold XRP.  Ripple could have full control at first and then gradually invite other in to manage the fund.  As XRP becomes airborne Ripples ownership rights would gradually diminish.

Edited by Julian_Williams

I too am looking into creating a crypto based operating system. Possible base operating system candidates are debian/ubuntu/mint/, arch/manjaro or hardened bsd.

I used to create my own distro called yahd. Arch linux with the zen-kernel. 

These guys seem to be making a command line environment. I'm talking full GUI. 

They might make a distributed exchange but I've already built one and it can run automatically and makes money automatically. It can run in command line mode if you want but in that mode only the bot runs.

They might make a live image but mine will be better :P

17 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The way Ripple managed the decentralising of the nodes was exemplary.  Perhaps now is the time to start setting up a fund for the accumulation of money from sales of unsold XRP. 

I agree. 

Anything is possible as long there is a consensus within the community, although the structure with UN is too complicated and not feasible. 

Also the double purpose would be to find an alternative way for the distribution rather than solely depending on selling..

20 minutes ago, jargoman said:

They might make a distributed exchange but I've already built one

Your creation sounds like some impressive tech!

However, the "DEX" portion of their creation is a GUI only; it allows full access to the native DEX of XRP, where IOS and XRP can be traded. 

14 minutes ago, zerpian said:

to find an alternative way for the distribution rather than solely depending on selling..

I could be wrong, but from the sounds of Asheesh Birla's latest blog, they might be giving this some thought...

https://medium.com/@ashgoblue/why-doesnt-anyone-in-crypto-think-about-distribution-3974e5bf7318