Sign in to follow this  
TokenBaby

Ripple (XRP) isn’t a Real Cryptocurrency, Claims Exchange that Just Listed the ‘Heavily Centralized’ Token

"Every few months another voice pops up to reveal the “shady truth” that XRP is actually a centralized product.

But the difference is, this time it’s coming from a voice with something to lose by making that allegation. Coinmotion has absolutely nothing to gain by spreading FUD about XRP, and the fact that the release of this blog post coincides with its listing of XRP (after huge demand from Finnish consumers), only demonstrates how concerned they must be." 

Yet the consumers still demanded they list , they see through the fud , smart people those Fins :) . Some balance with two videos from David and Brad.

Ready the facepalm memes...

I'm so tired of hearing "Ripple owns XX% of XRP, therefore it is centralized." Ownership of the token is meaningful in measuring centralization only in a PoS model. Who owns the tokens has nothing to do with consensus on the XRP ledger. Someone needs to explain this for the masses... @galgitron ?

Just because Ripple was transparent it is being accused of being cenrtalized. While other minable coins are dominated by few whales. 

Wish ripple gifts IMF 20B xrp. 

2 hours ago, Trickery said:

Actually fairly accurate but delivered in a negative tone.

Agreed. Could be a marketing stunt. Some exchanges probably don't really care what they offer, for them it's about fees.

There are degrees of decentralization when it comes to validating transactions. 

It seems like XRP validators strike a nice balance between security and speed, so you don't sacrifice one for the other, and to me, having validators with UNLs in the hands of FIs and other similar well-established institutions makes me feel safe as an XRP hodler.

I don't know about ya'll but I think I would rather have my money secured in the hands of sixteen year olds and chinese miners run by a communist government. That seems a lot better than in the hands of financial institutions around the world who's actual job is to store and distribute monies.

Instead all the transactions are confirmed and secured in a method known as HashTree, which is patented by Ripple Labs.

Anyone know how to view the patent coimmotion blog mentions? I'm a little confused because I found this while trying to figure out what patent the article was referring to. 

The very first primitive form of blockchain was the datastructure ‘Hashtree’, also known as ‘Merkle Tree’ patented by the computer scientist Ralph Merkle in 1974.

Edited by Guest