PunishmentOfLuxury

CIMB's SpeedSend runs on Ripple

Using the magic word "blockchain" suggests xRapid, but...this campaign has been running from the beginning of December'18...  was it mentioned here before? Don't remember. Strange it was not picked up already.

Edited by yezu

This already was announced on 15 November 2018: https://www.cimb.com/en/news/news/2018/cimb-group-joins-ripplenet-to-power-instant-payment-across-asean.html

Discussed here:

"The solution is now live on Speedsend, enabling remittances via corridors such as Australia (in partnership with Instarem)"

Instarem already has been featured on Swell 2018 and in the Ripple drop, but are not xRapid partners as far as I know.

Edited by Uloveme

On 2/14/2019 at 1:24 AM, Archbob said:

Yeah, I think they were xCurrent. When its Ripple, they just use blockchain for both xCurrent and xRapid, even though that's not the case.

Actually it IS the case.  XCurrent uses a private permissoned blockchain.  

37 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Actually it IS the case.  XCurrent uses a private permissoned blockchain.  

No, xCurrent uses "blockchain technology" but is definitely NOT storing blocks of transactions or anything else that would make it a "blockchain".

26 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

No, xCurrent uses "blockchain technology" but is definitely NOT storing blocks of transactions or anything else that would make it a "blockchain".

A fairly fine distinction I think...   and I’m not sure I’ve ever read or heard anything that confirms whether the transient “blockchain” ever gets beyond one block or not. 

If it’s using the technology that out on a public ledger would result in a blockchain,  or even a significant percentage of the functionality,  then I’m happy enough to call it blockchain.

My point is that although the word is very wobbly,  and is no doubt misused (blockchain tea anyone?),  the folk at Ripple marketing are not telling porkies when they call it blockchain technology...  contrary to what some claim.